Friday I shot 76 and Sunday I had 85 but the greens were super slow and never hit the putts hard enough to get to the hole.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
I’ve played over 10 rounds with these grips and I can’t say enough how much like these grips. It fits perfect in my hand, has a great feel and the reduced tapered end makes it easy to maintain...
Overall the Talon is a great glove. When looking for a great glove, it’s all about the fit to the hand, the feel and grip on the club and lastly comfort. The Talon glove had two of the three...
I picked up this book after it was posting for discussion in the Reading Room section of The Sand Trap. James Sieckmann is a former PGA Pro who turned to coaching. His methods were developed...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 443
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Just shot one of my best rounds ever! It was only on a par 61 executive (59.1/97) but +3 is pretty sweet regardless! I shot even par on the back 9 though I had a bogey/birdie split to even it out.
My handicap plummeted from 14.1 to 11.2 though, I'll have to get out and play a little more to bring it back up, no way it should be that low right now!
Edited by bradsul - 6/20/11 at 11:10pm
Shot an 84 (40-44) on Sunday morning at the Brier Patch Golf Links in Beckley, WV. They've removed almost all yardage markers (except sprinkler heads, which are few and far between). That made it a bit rough. Beat the storms, but played stupidly aggressive a few times that cost me big. Like hooking two balls into the woods (deep, gone, not-gonna-find-it type woods) while trying to cut a corner. Really, I have to feel okay about an 84 with three doubles in a row on my back nine.
Now if I can just play a little smarter... The Leupold GX-1 I ordered after the round should help with that. I promised myself I'd splurge if I came back from a bogey-bogey-bogey-bogey start and shot par or better the rest of the front. Par-par-par-par-par, I have a new toy, and my wallet is lighter.
Let's see, I played last night and then again this morning (local muni - par 70). Last night, I struggled for a 97 (48+49) from the blues, and this morning, I managed an 85 (40+45) from the whites.
36 putts last night, 32 this morning. (I average 36.) Only hit 4 fairways last night -- only 6 this morning. The biggest difference was that I didn't have anything worse than a double this morning (4 of 'em), but I had 5 last night.
Playing back-to-back like that only makes me want to play again.
Shot 95 yesterday. If anyone needs an incentive to practice the short game here it is. I can't remember when I ever drove the ball better (that was encouraging as I have been working hard on keeping the big stick under control). Hit all but one fairway and while not long certainly was not short. But missed half the greens and 3 putted 5 times. Greens were slow slow slow. Just could not make myself hit the putter hard enough to get it to the hole. The greens keeper much not have cut the greens that day or rolled them in a week. From a personal view I would prefer greens be lightening fast compared to needing a driver for putts over 20 feet.
....and I got to play again on Wednesday.
86 (43 + 43). Par 70, very forgiving.
Two birdies. I've never had more than one in a round!
35 putts (I average 36).
...with two penalties.
But.... only two fairways (several near misses) and only six GIR.
72....on nine holes. I haven't played in a while. I am just trying to get my feet on the ground. When I was in high school I never seemed that bad. Took about 10 years off from playing, and it shows. I went to the range three times last week and got better every time. I went once this week and had a lesson. I thought I was ready to bang out nine, but it was just painful. I didn't feel so bad though because somebody in the foursome ahead of me was just as bad, and the guy playing behind me joined me and was very encouraging. Guess I need to spend some more time practicing before I try to play another round.
I did hit two incredible shots that were either preceded or follow up by total crap. . I drove within 30 yards of the green on a par 4. I ended up shooting an 8 on that hole. The next few shots went bunker, bunker, short chip that overshot the green, chip onto the green, putt that got me close, missed gimme, and finally in the hole. Two holes later I hit a fairway 3 wood that felt perfect and rolled up to the side of the green. Unfortunately, that shot was preceded by a shank way out of bounds, drop then another shank way out of bounds
Started golfing last month... Played my third round of golf (ever), and shot a 113 on a par 72... Sounds terrible, I know, but compare that to my second (124), and it's a good improvement. Plus I usually end up hitting par on at least one hole, so it's an issue of consistency. I'm playing with friends who are the same level, so there's not much in the way of advice, but I'm getting better from the people at my range. My slice has been corrected as of this week, and I'm getting much more proficient with my irons (did great on the range today). I am working almost daily at it, and I honestly see myself in the upper 80's/lower 90's by the end of next month.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 103 to >83 in one year by working hard and tracking my progress 39 minutes ago
- › Joost Luiten 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › My Swing (JaNiclas) 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › To Hybrid or not to Hybrid? 2 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Where do you leave your phone while playing? 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › I am switching to Universal Swing! 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Would you ride the Golfboard? 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Paula Creamer wants a Women’s Masters at Augusta [SB Nation] 3 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › How many holes recommended for this putting green 3 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by meenman
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest