Friday I shot 76 and Sunday I had 85 but the greens were super slow and never hit the putts hard enough to get to the hole.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Yesterday at 4:25 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
It's like having a Mercedes Benz that stalls at every stop light. Such beauty, all things wonderful....but that one annoying feature that drives you crazy. Ping makes great products. If you're...
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 443
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Just shot one of my best rounds ever! It was only on a par 61 executive (59.1/97) but +3 is pretty sweet regardless! I shot even par on the back 9 though I had a bogey/birdie split to even it out.
My handicap plummeted from 14.1 to 11.2 though, I'll have to get out and play a little more to bring it back up, no way it should be that low right now!
Edited by bradsul - 6/20/11 at 11:10pm
Shot an 84 (40-44) on Sunday morning at the Brier Patch Golf Links in Beckley, WV. They've removed almost all yardage markers (except sprinkler heads, which are few and far between). That made it a bit rough. Beat the storms, but played stupidly aggressive a few times that cost me big. Like hooking two balls into the woods (deep, gone, not-gonna-find-it type woods) while trying to cut a corner. Really, I have to feel okay about an 84 with three doubles in a row on my back nine.
Now if I can just play a little smarter... The Leupold GX-1 I ordered after the round should help with that. I promised myself I'd splurge if I came back from a bogey-bogey-bogey-bogey start and shot par or better the rest of the front. Par-par-par-par-par, I have a new toy, and my wallet is lighter.
Let's see, I played last night and then again this morning (local muni - par 70). Last night, I struggled for a 97 (48+49) from the blues, and this morning, I managed an 85 (40+45) from the whites.
36 putts last night, 32 this morning. (I average 36.) Only hit 4 fairways last night -- only 6 this morning. The biggest difference was that I didn't have anything worse than a double this morning (4 of 'em), but I had 5 last night.
Playing back-to-back like that only makes me want to play again.
Shot 95 yesterday. If anyone needs an incentive to practice the short game here it is. I can't remember when I ever drove the ball better (that was encouraging as I have been working hard on keeping the big stick under control). Hit all but one fairway and while not long certainly was not short. But missed half the greens and 3 putted 5 times. Greens were slow slow slow. Just could not make myself hit the putter hard enough to get it to the hole. The greens keeper much not have cut the greens that day or rolled them in a week. From a personal view I would prefer greens be lightening fast compared to needing a driver for putts over 20 feet.
....and I got to play again on Wednesday.
86 (43 + 43). Par 70, very forgiving.
Two birdies. I've never had more than one in a round!
35 putts (I average 36).
...with two penalties.
But.... only two fairways (several near misses) and only six GIR.
72....on nine holes. I haven't played in a while. I am just trying to get my feet on the ground. When I was in high school I never seemed that bad. Took about 10 years off from playing, and it shows. I went to the range three times last week and got better every time. I went once this week and had a lesson. I thought I was ready to bang out nine, but it was just painful. I didn't feel so bad though because somebody in the foursome ahead of me was just as bad, and the guy playing behind me joined me and was very encouraging. Guess I need to spend some more time practicing before I try to play another round.
I did hit two incredible shots that were either preceded or follow up by total crap. . I drove within 30 yards of the green on a par 4. I ended up shooting an 8 on that hole. The next few shots went bunker, bunker, short chip that overshot the green, chip onto the green, putt that got me close, missed gimme, and finally in the hole. Two holes later I hit a fairway 3 wood that felt perfect and rolled up to the side of the green. Unfortunately, that shot was preceded by a shank way out of bounds, drop then another shank way out of bounds
Started golfing last month... Played my third round of golf (ever), and shot a 113 on a par 72... Sounds terrible, I know, but compare that to my second (124), and it's a good improvement. Plus I usually end up hitting par on at least one hole, so it's an issue of consistency. I'm playing with friends who are the same level, so there's not much in the way of advice, but I'm getting better from the people at my range. My slice has been corrected as of this week, and I'm getting much more proficient with my irons (did great on the range today). I am working almost daily at it, and I honestly see myself in the upper 80's/lower 90's by the end of next month.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Claim Chowder: Rory has another Decade (or has to change his swing) 7 seconds ago
- › TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing - May 24th, 2015 @ Industry Hills... 2 minutes ago
- › Dayton, OH 6 minutes ago
- › Why is it...I'm either A) good at putting, B) good teeing off or C)... 9 minutes ago
- › Golf beginner 19 minutes ago
- › Bad day of golf? 20 minutes ago
- › Tips to Improve Slow Play 21 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Buck Nutz) 21 minutes ago
- › My Swing (cipher) 24 minutes ago
- › Oakley Golf Prizm Lenses 26 minutes ago
- › PING Hoofer by Vinsk
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest