Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
After purchasing and being very disappointed with the Taylormade RSI 2 irons, I needed to find an iron set that fit me well and that went along well with my rapidly improving game. I've found this...
Modern’ wedges bear a puzzling similarity to those dating all the way back to the 1950s, the ones Ben Hogan said should not be hit over 40 yards. (This from a man who was known to hit his driver...
At first I thought the elevated tees were kind of gimmicky, but as I played on I realized that they put accuracy of your tee shots at a premium. Those that drive straight are rewarded with"300"...
After playing the same clone wedges for over 2 years, I decided it was time to hit the local gold retailer and get some new wedges. I play a 46 degree PW, and my other 3 wedges are 52/56/60. After...
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 477
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Solid day today. -2, 68 at my home course. Had a couple of goof-ups, but I've already forgotten those. Overall I played quite solid, was bogey-free until 9. Hit a good majority of my shots right where and how I wanted. Rolled in a couple of nice long birdie putts and made all but one from 3' and in.
Two shots of the day include; a nice 35y bunker shot with my 54* that I hit to 15'. I've been having a real tough time with my bunker play lately, so it was nice to hit something close. Plus I made the putt on top of that! Second shot of the day was a 58* from 49y. I put in some serious time on these shots yesterday. I picked my yardage, 38y, set up, and hit away. The ball landed in the perfect spot, rolled up and lipped out for eagle, leaving a 3' putt for birdie.
Practice really does pay off!
shot an 88 today. trying to average down in the low 80's by spring. Best round so far this year was an 84. I think if i keep at it and keep working on my swing and shots within a 100 yards ill break 80 at least once this year. On a positive note my putting was decent today but still a work in progress.
I shot a 96 today, which I believe is the first time I've broken 100 since taking most of last spring and summer off. Today was the first round in a long time where I felt like my game was improving. If I could start controlling my driver, I think I can move beyond the low-mid 90s I've basically been shooting for the last several years.
Had the worst round in a couple years. Was inconsistent off the tee, left, right, left, right and even popped on up about 80 yards. My distances on my irons were way off for some reason, I was hitting my short irons 20 yards longer than normal and my long irons 20 yards shorter. I couldn't hit a wedge to save my life all day. My putting was pretty good though.
The course we were playing was horrible, I was getting better lies in the rough than in the fairway because there were huge bare spots (40ft wide and deep). I just wasn't comfortable standing over my shots at all. Ended up with a 105, and I'm typically in the high 80's lately.
First full 18 of the year and shot a 102. Couldn't go to the driving range before cause it was closed for some reason and the greens were a lot slower than I was expecting so my first 3 holes were a complete disaster (7, 6 and a 9). After that I start settling in a bit but my front 9 was still kind of a mess.
Turned it around on the bank 9 and shot a 48 which I was pretty happy with.
Went to my favorite cow pasture golf course and shot 94. I was OK with that considering available practice time recently. I had not hit my driver in a while so had to back off to settle down.
Happy with chip shots. Went for a risky ending on 18 that likely cost me a stroke or two but good learning experience.
I've played 3 9 hole rounds and one full 18 hole rounds with scores of 42, 41, 48 and 85. Temps ranged anywhere from 48 down to 43 degrees and a steady light rain (my last18 hole round). I've mostly hit my driver OK, with my last round hitting 7 of 15 FW. My iron play sucks as last round I only hit 2 of 18 greens, but scrambled well and got up and down 5 times for par and had only 3 doubles bogeys. The greens were soaking wet and some had standing water, but I stubbornly putted out and had no 3 putts. All in all I think my iron play is not all that bad. I'm not hitting greens, but my misses are near misses, which leads to easier scrambling.
I really can't wait for warmer weather!!
Yesterday I played for the first time in nearly 5 years and shot a 96 (par 66). I felt good about the day and had a couple of really good shots. On one hole, my 2nd shot on a par 4 from 200 yards (poor driver, indeed) landed about 20 feet from the hole. Probably my best shot ever. :)
I learned that I simply need more consistency in my swing. I also need to work on driving distance and putting.
Having a new driver in my bag and watching golf on TV, I was jonesing to get on the course this afternoon after the Sunday rush died. Step up to the 1st tee with my RazrFit and kinda top cut one down the fairway. "Whatever" I think to myself, first swing. End up 7' for birdie and miss it. Regular par on 2. Super up and down flop shot on 3. I get to 4, where I can use my brand new driver again, and I notice a rattle in the head, ohhhh nooooo, the epoxy is lose!?! I get one dang swing out of the club. Burn! So I'll be calling Callaway tomorrow, more likely Tuesday cause of this stinkin Presidents Day holiday. I've got a tournament next Monday too that I really want to have a new driver for. Anyway. I went on to play the rest of my round with just my 3wood for tee shots. No biggie, my course isn't terribly long, but there are a few par-5s left. I freakin' cranked my 3wood all day!! hitting it just as far as I have been with my driver. I was putting a little extra mustard on the shots, that may have something to do with it, but dang! I can't wait to put those swings on a driver and see what happens. I felt like Keegan Bradley out there this afternoon, whew! Anyway, I rolled my putter really nicely and hit some quality approach shots too. Only got through 12 holes before darkness set in. Finished at -2 though! Three birdies, one bogey.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (September 2015) 1 minute ago
- › "Golfer Girl" (Jasmine Finlay's company name) with Rick Shiels 23 minutes ago
- › Callaway Preowned "sale"? 32 minutes ago
- › Game Golf vs. Rangefinder 34 minutes ago
- › The 2015 Newport Cup 46 minutes ago
- › 65/20/15 Practice Ratios: Where to Devote Your Practice Time 48 minutes ago
- › Lihu's 10,000th post. 48 minutes ago
- › 2015 NFL Football Thread 51 minutes ago
- › "The Putting Bible" by Dave Pelz 56 minutes ago
- › Rory McIlroy Omega Commercial: PGA 58 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone J15 Dual Pocket Forged Irons 4-PW by bjwestner
- › Ben Hogan Golf Men's TK1561TVS Sand Wedge, Right Hand, Steel,... by bmartin461
- › Tierra Rejada by Lihu
- › Cleveland Golf Men's 588 RTX 2.0 Muscle Back Standard Bounce... by mmoan2
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes