Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
Copied from forum because there was an advice to put my review on this page for other players who want to try SwingTalk. Wish it helps your...
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 477
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Solid day today. -2, 68 at my home course. Had a couple of goof-ups, but I've already forgotten those. Overall I played quite solid, was bogey-free until 9. Hit a good majority of my shots right where and how I wanted. Rolled in a couple of nice long birdie putts and made all but one from 3' and in.
Two shots of the day include; a nice 35y bunker shot with my 54* that I hit to 15'. I've been having a real tough time with my bunker play lately, so it was nice to hit something close. Plus I made the putt on top of that! Second shot of the day was a 58* from 49y. I put in some serious time on these shots yesterday. I picked my yardage, 38y, set up, and hit away. The ball landed in the perfect spot, rolled up and lipped out for eagle, leaving a 3' putt for birdie.
Practice really does pay off!
shot an 88 today. trying to average down in the low 80's by spring. Best round so far this year was an 84. I think if i keep at it and keep working on my swing and shots within a 100 yards ill break 80 at least once this year. On a positive note my putting was decent today but still a work in progress.
I shot a 96 today, which I believe is the first time I've broken 100 since taking most of last spring and summer off. Today was the first round in a long time where I felt like my game was improving. If I could start controlling my driver, I think I can move beyond the low-mid 90s I've basically been shooting for the last several years.
Had the worst round in a couple years. Was inconsistent off the tee, left, right, left, right and even popped on up about 80 yards. My distances on my irons were way off for some reason, I was hitting my short irons 20 yards longer than normal and my long irons 20 yards shorter. I couldn't hit a wedge to save my life all day. My putting was pretty good though.
The course we were playing was horrible, I was getting better lies in the rough than in the fairway because there were huge bare spots (40ft wide and deep). I just wasn't comfortable standing over my shots at all. Ended up with a 105, and I'm typically in the high 80's lately.
First full 18 of the year and shot a 102. Couldn't go to the driving range before cause it was closed for some reason and the greens were a lot slower than I was expecting so my first 3 holes were a complete disaster (7, 6 and a 9). After that I start settling in a bit but my front 9 was still kind of a mess.
Turned it around on the bank 9 and shot a 48 which I was pretty happy with.
Went to my favorite cow pasture golf course and shot 94. I was OK with that considering available practice time recently. I had not hit my driver in a while so had to back off to settle down.
Happy with chip shots. Went for a risky ending on 18 that likely cost me a stroke or two but good learning experience.
I've played 3 9 hole rounds and one full 18 hole rounds with scores of 42, 41, 48 and 85. Temps ranged anywhere from 48 down to 43 degrees and a steady light rain (my last18 hole round). I've mostly hit my driver OK, with my last round hitting 7 of 15 FW. My iron play sucks as last round I only hit 2 of 18 greens, but scrambled well and got up and down 5 times for par and had only 3 doubles bogeys. The greens were soaking wet and some had standing water, but I stubbornly putted out and had no 3 putts. All in all I think my iron play is not all that bad. I'm not hitting greens, but my misses are near misses, which leads to easier scrambling.
I really can't wait for warmer weather!!
Yesterday I played for the first time in nearly 5 years and shot a 96 (par 66). I felt good about the day and had a couple of really good shots. On one hole, my 2nd shot on a par 4 from 200 yards (poor driver, indeed) landed about 20 feet from the hole. Probably my best shot ever. :)
I learned that I simply need more consistency in my swing. I also need to work on driving distance and putting.
Having a new driver in my bag and watching golf on TV, I was jonesing to get on the course this afternoon after the Sunday rush died. Step up to the 1st tee with my RazrFit and kinda top cut one down the fairway. "Whatever" I think to myself, first swing. End up 7' for birdie and miss it. Regular par on 2. Super up and down flop shot on 3. I get to 4, where I can use my brand new driver again, and I notice a rattle in the head, ohhhh nooooo, the epoxy is lose!?! I get one dang swing out of the club. Burn! So I'll be calling Callaway tomorrow, more likely Tuesday cause of this stinkin Presidents Day holiday. I've got a tournament next Monday too that I really want to have a new driver for. Anyway. I went on to play the rest of my round with just my 3wood for tee shots. No biggie, my course isn't terribly long, but there are a few par-5s left. I freakin' cranked my 3wood all day!! hitting it just as far as I have been with my driver. I was putting a little extra mustard on the shots, that may have something to do with it, but dang! I can't wait to put those swings on a driver and see what happens. I felt like Keegan Bradley out there this afternoon, whew! Anyway, I rolled my putter really nicely and hit some quality approach shots too. Only got through 12 holes before darkness set in. Finished at -2 though! Three birdies, one bogey.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › tee vs deck yardage? 1 minute ago
- › Forward shaft lean 7 minutes ago
- › The Films and Movies Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Swaying on the backswing - please, help 21 minutes ago
- › Had an epiphany about separation today 35 minutes ago
- › Dayton, OH 38 minutes ago
- › What would Tiger Woods need to do to become #1 Greatest Golfer? 38 minutes ago
- › Rushing Because of Faster Players Behind 40 minutes ago
- › Ball Actually "Pinched" Against Ground or Not 54 minutes ago
- › Odyssey Tank #7 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes