A not so good 75 (+5). Went out in two over with 2 silly bogies. Double bogied 11 and 12 (poor luck as much as anything). Rallied hard coming home with some nice ball striking, made 2 birdies, one bogie, missed a bunch of 10-15 ft birdie chances.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
I’ve played over 10 rounds with these grips and I can’t say enough how much like these grips. It fits perfect in my hand, has a great feel and the reduced tapered end makes it easy to maintain...
Overall the Talon is a great glove. When looking for a great glove, it’s all about the fit to the hand, the feel and grip on the club and lastly comfort. The Talon glove had two of the three...
I picked up this book after it was posting for discussion in the Reading Room section of The Sand Trap. James Sieckmann is a former PGA Pro who turned to coaching. His methods were developed...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 530
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Shot an awful 94 on Friday... Hit the range hard. Went out today with 42 on the front and even par 36 on the back for 78 (72.5/137). Best 18 score, best 9 score (on the back), best differential of my life (4.5). I have been working really hard on my swing and it certainly seeming to pay off. Awesome day...
I scored a new personal best from the tips today...... 75.1CR 141slope....7121yds.
34-38=72! Even par..
I played well all day from tee to green and holed some nice putts too. My only bad drive caused a blowup on a 460yd uphill par4. I drove it right in the weeds. Thankfully...my partner found my ball. I hacked forward nicely to leave myself 40yds short of the green, but it was an extremely awkward pitch to a small area of green over a bunker. I missed the green, I missed the green again.......and then 1 putted for a 6. At worst, I should have made a bogey. Oh well... My only other wasted shot was with the putter. I had a big breaking downhill putt off a ridge and hit a pretty good lag to 3' and missed the come-back putt. Aside from that miss, my putter was golden all day long.
1/1 sand saves
5 birdies! .My estimated birdie putt distances..... 8', 15', 9', 10', 10'. . when those go in, it's going to be a good day ...and it was!
67 on 9 Holes. Including a 17, that's right I said a seventeen on one hole. Had a 57 on this same 9 two days ago. (7 on the offending hole, that day)
Posted in depth about it here:
I'd actually call it a 'volcanic explosion devastation hole', vice a 'blow up hole'.. but there is a happy ending to this story. I had a great time,and was glad to be on the course and golfing. Amirite?
I'm finally starting to hit some crisp iron shots, as my swing changes are taking shape. I was +1 for 9, but hit some of the better shots of the year today. And very pleased with my score considering the cruddy conditions the course was in (terrible wet muddy fairways, long shaggy tee boxes, and bumpy ass greens). I don't understand how a course in Orange County can not take better care of itself... American Golf should be sued for charging people to play this dump.
I tried some foot alignment changes as recommended in the "my swing" post, and it really seemed to get my balance feeling better, thanks guys!
Played at Brampton Park here in Cambridgeshire last night and finally broke 100! Well, would have easily smashed the magic 100 mark if it wasnt for the 7 lost balls on the round!
Came in at 98 (with lost balls)! Yay for me :) Pretty much everything was 1 or 2 over with one blowout of 7 on the par 3 4th hole (SI 1) and also got 4 pars!
Ah yes...you know you are still a beginner when you get excited over scoring pars :)
I shot a 41 (+6), which is as good as my better rounds from the white tees the last few weeks. My best from the white tees is 40, which I've done twice. I played really well and had no trouble with the added distance. The approach on #1 was a 4h, which I had good distance but pulled it to the left of the green. The only real difference is now the par 5s aren't as reachable in 2, which they're not supposed to be. I think I could get #8 with a good drive, but today I didn't have enough to get there.
My putting wasn't very good today. I left 3-4 shots out there on the greens, easily. Everything else was pretty damn good however. I've progressed a lot since February.
85, Par 71, 70.1/121 6450yds.
Another weird day. My driver was singing (13 of 13 fairways) but I had four 3 putts. Seems like the more fairways I hit the worse my putting. I just had no feel whatsoever with the putter today, it felt like I was swinging a mop or something.
Part of the blame though goes to my approaches which just weren't tight enough; I was hitting greens but almost always left the longest first putt possible. I think tomorrow I'm going to hit the range with nothing but my 8i,9i and wedges and work on accuracy. And of course an hour or two on the putting green!
I was really hoping to break 80 at this course today, sort of disappointing but maybe next time the stars will align.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › You/he/she is a true golfer because .... 4 minutes ago
- › ESPN anchor rant on golf telecasts - probably echoes what most of... 5 minutes ago
- › Dayton, OH 6 minutes ago
- › TST Talks with GAME Golf 6 minutes ago
- › Take Your Driver Out of the Bag 11 minutes ago
- › 2015 LPGA Swinging Skirts: Ko wins again. 15 minutes ago
- › Strokes Gained Analysis For Average Golfers 22 minutes ago
- › Video Game Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Wedge Play - What works for you? 28 minutes ago
- › East Coast Team Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by meenman
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest