A not so good 75 (+5). Went out in two over with 2 silly bogies. Double bogied 11 and 12 (poor luck as much as anything). Rallied hard coming home with some nice ball striking, made 2 birdies, one bogie, missed a bunch of 10-15 ft birdie chances.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 11/24/14 at 1:56pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Great all-around ball - good length, checks-up on shots to green, and arguable helps with a straighter flight. Totally disagree with comment that ball is "too pricey" - [less than $2.00/ball...
I must not have been paying attention when these came out for testing and review. Billchao mentioned it to me when we were playing together at TST outing in Erie. I ordered it online, and have...
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 530
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Shot an awful 94 on Friday... Hit the range hard. Went out today with 42 on the front and even par 36 on the back for 78 (72.5/137). Best 18 score, best 9 score (on the back), best differential of my life (4.5). I have been working really hard on my swing and it certainly seeming to pay off. Awesome day...
I scored a new personal best from the tips today...... 75.1CR 141slope....7121yds.
34-38=72! Even par..
I played well all day from tee to green and holed some nice putts too. My only bad drive caused a blowup on a 460yd uphill par4. I drove it right in the weeds. Thankfully...my partner found my ball. I hacked forward nicely to leave myself 40yds short of the green, but it was an extremely awkward pitch to a small area of green over a bunker. I missed the green, I missed the green again.......and then 1 putted for a 6. At worst, I should have made a bogey. Oh well... My only other wasted shot was with the putter. I had a big breaking downhill putt off a ridge and hit a pretty good lag to 3' and missed the come-back putt. Aside from that miss, my putter was golden all day long.
1/1 sand saves
5 birdies! .My estimated birdie putt distances..... 8', 15', 9', 10', 10'. . when those go in, it's going to be a good day ...and it was!
67 on 9 Holes. Including a 17, that's right I said a seventeen on one hole. Had a 57 on this same 9 two days ago. (7 on the offending hole, that day)
Posted in depth about it here:
I'd actually call it a 'volcanic explosion devastation hole', vice a 'blow up hole'.. but there is a happy ending to this story. I had a great time,and was glad to be on the course and golfing. Amirite?
I'm finally starting to hit some crisp iron shots, as my swing changes are taking shape. I was +1 for 9, but hit some of the better shots of the year today. And very pleased with my score considering the cruddy conditions the course was in (terrible wet muddy fairways, long shaggy tee boxes, and bumpy ass greens). I don't understand how a course in Orange County can not take better care of itself... American Golf should be sued for charging people to play this dump.
I tried some foot alignment changes as recommended in the "my swing" post, and it really seemed to get my balance feeling better, thanks guys!
Played at Brampton Park here in Cambridgeshire last night and finally broke 100! Well, would have easily smashed the magic 100 mark if it wasnt for the 7 lost balls on the round!
Came in at 98 (with lost balls)! Yay for me :) Pretty much everything was 1 or 2 over with one blowout of 7 on the par 3 4th hole (SI 1) and also got 4 pars!
Ah yes...you know you are still a beginner when you get excited over scoring pars :)
I shot a 41 (+6), which is as good as my better rounds from the white tees the last few weeks. My best from the white tees is 40, which I've done twice. I played really well and had no trouble with the added distance. The approach on #1 was a 4h, which I had good distance but pulled it to the left of the green. The only real difference is now the par 5s aren't as reachable in 2, which they're not supposed to be. I think I could get #8 with a good drive, but today I didn't have enough to get there.
My putting wasn't very good today. I left 3-4 shots out there on the greens, easily. Everything else was pretty damn good however. I've progressed a lot since February.
85, Par 71, 70.1/121 6450yds.
Another weird day. My driver was singing (13 of 13 fairways) but I had four 3 putts. Seems like the more fairways I hit the worse my putting. I just had no feel whatsoever with the putter today, it felt like I was swinging a mop or something.
Part of the blame though goes to my approaches which just weren't tight enough; I was hitting greens but almost always left the longest first putt possible. I think tomorrow I'm going to hit the range with nothing but my 8i,9i and wedges and work on accuracy. And of course an hour or two on the putting green!
I was really hoping to break 80 at this course today, sort of disappointing but maybe next time the stars will align.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Is Distance Really That Important for Amateurs? 10 minutes ago
- › What Podcasts Do You Listen To? 14 minutes ago
- › Wedge question and comparisons?? 46 minutes ago
- › My Swing (LittleBear) 52 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 53 minutes ago
- › Weight Forward - Using SwingCatalyst and SAM Balance Lab to Explain... 57 minutes ago
- › European Tour - Fantastic Year 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Driver flex question 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Off-Season Golf Fitness Regimen 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes