63, with 18 GIR, an eagle, and not a lot of putts made outside of ten feet. Never sniffed a bogey the whole day.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Today at 3:17 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 533
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
First off, understand I basically suck. ;-)
I had my best round of the year. 45 on the front nine (Par 34). Here are the stats:
Fairways hit - 1
GIR - 2
Putts - 19
Up & Down - 1
2 pars, 3 bogies, 4 double bogies.
1 putts - 1
2 putts - 6
3 putts - 2
This past Saturday I was really connecting with the woods and accurate too. 4 out of 5 fairways but my irons and chipping stunk and I shot a 46. This week I had about 20 - 30 less yards with the woods/driver and I was mostly in the rough and once on the adjacent fairwy by 5 or so yards. But my irons, wedges, chipping and putting were better.
Now if I can only put the best of those two rounds together I'll be making some headway! :-)
Golfing here this monday. Labor day! Pretty excited. Newly renovated.. 6million dollar renovation to be exact. Looks incredible. Will soak in every hole.
Won 4 free rounds in a raffle. Paid $5 for the ticket stub!
Bringing my father.. so can get 2 good rounds in each.
I'm way behind on my round played....75.1cr 141slope
I was 5 over through the first 4 holes...........and finished the day at +5. I played well once I finally woke up and started playing some real golf.
AGAIN....I started terrible, except the front was a train wreck from beginning to end.......possibly my 2nd worst 9 of the year. I hit it crooked and the nightmare wouldn't stop!! LOL....Then I bogeyed #10 and was wondering if I could even break 90!...LOL I then went on a very stress free 6 hole par run until I bogeyed 17 and then birdied 18 for a relatively stress free 37.
The front9 has been my nemesis this week. I butchered a couple holes early, but played really steady for the rest of the day. I should have easily scored 3-4 shots lower......I was hitting it close and rolling the rock great, but nothing would drop.
After my meltdown at Poppy Hills (near Pebble) last week in which I hit 2 of 14 fairways and shot a 102 (see post 9571), I was looking for redemption at my most-often-played local course (Encinitas Ranch, CA). I was well rested, it was about 76 deg with a light breeze, the stars were aligned ......
Long story short, I was back in my usual form - thank goodness! In fact even better when it comes to fairways hit (12/14), partly because I used a 3W three times in the narrower fairways, partly because the fairways are generally wider than at Poppy but mainly because I SLOWED DOWN MY BACKSWING and MADE A FULLER SHOULDER TURN (resulting in higher hands at the top and better swing plane coming down). One of the 2 fairways missed was when I hit long and straight, and right through the fairway on a dogleg right and into a fairway bunker. Grrrrrr .... This was plain stupid of me; I had originally pulled a 3W out of the bag because of fear of reaching that bunker but then went with driver because I was driving so well and fearing that I mightn't make a short (maybe 130 yard) carry over impenetrable creek. Ridiculous! I should really have hit my 3h or 4i for heaven's sake.
Stats: shot an 86 with 7 pars, 8 bogies, 3 doubles, 7 GIRs and 3 3-putts. Not bad, tho' my best is an 81 on this familiar and fairly friendly course. Only had 1 up-and-down despite numerous opportunities, and those 3 3-putts ..... not good. Still need to work hard on my short pitches and chips, and on putting.
So ..... I am somewhat relieved and my confidence is largely restored after the Poppy fiasco but the ugly memory is still there. Maybe that's a good thing because I really need to keep working on that shoulder turn while making a strong move forward (weight shift and hip bump). I tend to identify a problem, get it fixed but then get lazy and have it come back to haunt me, especially when I'm under pressure or tired or something. Maybe I can hang onto the better driving action this time - time will tell.
Edited by Chas - 8/30/12 at 8:57pm
Played like an idiot today. 83 72.5/137 for a differential of 8.7. Four blow up holes (doubles) mixed in with some major scrambling. Miracle birdie on the par 5 18th. I hit it to about 6 inches from the garbage after one of the worst second shots of my life. Anyway, the ball striking was not good. Hit about three greens. But hey, even two months ago, I'd have been stoked with an 83. I've tasted the 70s and I want more...
Handicap dipped to 9.5... good stuff.
**Edited for grammar
I was playing really solid yesterday, got to 15, and my buddy said, "You're two under. Man, one more birdie......." (After starting off with two bogies, I had four birdies at that point, but I really had no idea where I was re: score).
15. Bam. Ball in the water. Still made bogie.
16. Approach hit the flag, ricocheted into a bunker. Bogie.
17. Hooked it into the desert (I almost never hook the ball). Lost ball. Double.
18. Three putted from a million feet. Bogie.
75 (7102, 73.2, 138) which was still a very good round relative to my HC, but felt like 90 after the last four holes. I thought I was well past the point of getting ahead of myself, but I guess not.
15 was a par 3. Drove it so well all day.....13/14 fairways and, aside from 17, hit them all farther than average. Two weak approaches on 1, 2, and 18. Nothing outside ~25' except on 18. Now I need to keep my expectations in check for today's round.
4 months in and I am consistently breaking 90! Last 3 rounds I've shot 89, 87, and 84. Today I shot an 86 with a very nice back 9. I can feel my game starting to come together. Although I had a couple of pulls, I didn't have any bad mishits/tops etc. Now if I can just do a little less 3 putting maybe I can move on down to the 70s :)
Played at the Hugo Golf Club (home course) 69.4/117 - shot an 86. This, so far, is my personal best. I can really tell that practicing my short game helps a lot. Had a few holes that I just flat lost my mind on. My driving was well and putting got better through the morning. I'll keep plugging along.....
4x 3 putts.
Somehow, I still managed to break 80... Looking back at this round - if I simply putted better and didn't miss two tee shots on the Par 5's, the round could've been incredible. Oh well... I'm hitting greens more consistently than I've ever. So I got that going for me.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 2015 NFL Football Thread 16 seconds ago
- › My Swing (saevel25) 3 minutes ago
- › Acushnet (Titleist) patent-infringement case takes on start-up brands 3 minutes ago
- › "The A Swing: The Alternative Approach to Great Golf" by David... 5 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015) 5 minutes ago
- › Dan Jenkins On Tiger Beating "Nobodies" 11 minutes ago
- › Going to range tonight ;-p 12 minutes ago
- › Best Sunglasses for vision enhancement on the course 20 minutes ago
- › GAME GOLF & TST Challenge - Win Autographed Shirt and Hat by GG Pros! 20 minutes ago
- › Lake Balls Performance 24 minutes ago
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest