120 on a 72 par course
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 5/27/15 at 5:34pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Played here again last weekend. Just a great, rolling links course always in wonderful condition. If you ever get to south central PA, play this course.
*dozen came with my SkyTrak purchase. Played a full round with e6 today. Driving and iron shots were straighter then normal. Not as soft as some of the other premium balls. I'm testing about 5-6...
It's like having a Mercedes Benz that stalls at every stop light. Such beauty, all things wonderful....but that one annoying feature that drives you crazy. Ping makes great products. If you're...
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 534
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
That's how it's going in Illinois at the moment. It's bogus.
No rain all of last week.. get rain on the weekend, ruined my round.
No rain this week.. get rain on the weekend, THANKFULLY I'm golfing on Monday instead of this weekend. Better clear up.
I shot a 43 at the par 3 golf course by my house. Not a very good score but I'm only 2 months in to it. I feel like I'm getting better with my swing. I picked up a 60* wedge last week and that has really helped. I pitched on to a few of the greens but it's going to need a little work. I almost had a chip in today. I am really trying to work on my short game and I need to practice with the putter. I left a few out there on the greens today. I went out today and just tried to make and easy smooth swing. All I can say is what a difference.
Only played 9 holes today but shot a 40. That is my lowest score on 9 holes so far so I am pleased. However, I am also pleased with the fact that I played better than my score. I triple bogey'd the first hole then made par on 2, 3, 4. That is probably my longest streak of consecutive pars. Double bogey'd 5 after a horrid tee shot but then settled down again with bogey/birdie/par. Minus the first hole I probably played the best I've played yet. Signs of improvement always make me happy.
Played my home course again - Hugo Golf Club par 70 69.4/ 117. Shot a 90 today. My head just wasn't into it. I need to get to the driving range. I can really tell I need to work with my irons (9-3). My putter is feeling pretty good and my tee shots are coming around. On this course I only use my driver 6 times the first hole is a dog leg left so a 3 wood is fine for placement off the tee. I wanted to practice last night, but a big rain storm came in. I'll definitely practice tonight. I really didn't "feel" my short game around the greens today; I felt timid to hit the ball. I am glad that I am starting to get accustomed to scoring in the 80's. I scored 86 yesterday. I'll keep pluggin' away at this wonderful game.....
Took my wife, Lisa, who is just learning the game for her first golf course experience.
I hadn't played in over 2 years, so I didn't have high hopes for either of us.
We played a Hale Irwin executive course near us (Palm Valley Golf Club - Lakes course).
Par 62, 58.2/89 from my White tees, 56.9/83 from her Green tees.
It was hot and the middle of the afternoon (this is Phoenix after all) but she impressed me. :-)
After a rough start on the first two holes, she went bogey, double-bogey, bogey on 3, 4 and 5. The heat was too much for her (she wasn't hydrating enough because she was worried there wouldn't be bathrooms...lesson learned) so she only finished 6 holes with a 40 (19 over) but she had at few awesome shots that went right where she wanted and her putting was exceptional considering her lack of experience.
I struggled on #2 which should have been a short par 3 but I managed to turn it into a 9. (sometimes you just have to laugh) My only other real catastrophe was the 5th where I found a lake, but I used it as a teaching experience for drops from a lateral hazard. (yes honey, I meant to do that)
My awesome shot of the day was a tee shot on a par-3 that I left 6 feet from the pin (got to teach her how to repair a ball mark) but then left the birdie putt 6 inches short. :-(
So I had that one par, four bogies, a double bogey, a triple bogey, and two disasters that I'll just chalk up to a rusty game.
Finished with a 51 on the front (20 over) and quit there since there was no way we'd finish 18 before dark (we started at 2:30pm).
She's hooked on the game now and I've got the fire again.
I should be back to my old game in another month (mid-90s), hopefully. :-)
The heat today really blew me away. I was dumb and didn't grab a drink before heading out, and the cart "girl" (she was damn near 70) passed us while we were on the 5th green and I didn't see her again until ~15. The humidity was rough and I was soaked by #7, socks and all. The bugs were out in full force as well and I couldn't hit a shot without swatting a few away every time. Considering the conditions, I'm kind of surprised I got a 94. Mentally I was spent and I was thinking more about the conditions than I was my game.
My score would have been much better but the blowup on #9 was of epic proportions. I'd just rather let that one end without an explanation.
64, Par 62, 59.7/98, 3990yd
Played a fun and challenging (very hilly, lots of hazards) executive course today. My parents are members so with the long weekend early twilight and members discount it's a great deal. I had 4 bogeys and 2 birdies, each split evenly per side. Nice and consistent and my putting was excellent today. Going to find something longer tomorrow, but the executives sure do give you a great idea of where your iron game is.
Really poor iron day.. divots were poor and really dug into the ground early.. need to work on calming down.
My wedges work..but I'm still learning those.
My putts were good. Read them all perfectly.. just need to put more juice into em. Tires of hearing'good putt' just because im just short. Shutup.
Shot bogey/double golf. Was fine with it.
Lost 2 balls.. 1 landed near the fairway.. still have no idea how i lost it.
Part 72 rate72.6 slope 135
Been a couple weeks so my putting was a bit off, 3putted from about 3 feet on #4 lol. Been working on my iron play specifically trapping the ball and its been an improvement so far, I think when I finally have a trap swing my scores will get low where I want them to be.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 7 minute tee time interval, really? Can weekend golfers in big... 1 minute ago
- › 2015 Irish Open Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Questions for Shane Ryan about His Upcoming Book, Slaying The Tiger 9 minutes ago
- › RFKFREAK's journal about golf past, present, and future 16 minutes ago
- › NCAA Women's golf championships 17 minutes ago
- › Crazy Drill from Monte Gave me Tour Impact Position (video) 18 minutes ago
- › Anyone here play disc golf? 18 minutes ago
- › TST Explores STATE APPAREL 24 minutes ago
- › How can I create less backspin? 31 minutes ago
- › My Swing (jcbbeermonster) 38 minutes ago
- › Royal Manchester Golf Links by atb5079
- › Bridgestone e6 by mcat12
- › PING Hoofer by Vinsk
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest