Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Today at 1:23 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
From the creator of the classic HipTi Driver comes this flat black, easygoing, straight driver with distance. Jesse Ortiz has always carved his prototypes from wood by hand. It was the way he was...
For golfers with average swing speed, about 93 or less with a driver who desire tour-like control around the green and a high launch off tee and irons, Callaway offers you the SR1 for your golfing...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 535
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
.........with 9, count 'em NINE straight bogies. Followed by a birdie on 18.
83's aren't all that uncommon, but I can't remember ever running 9 bogies together before. The birdie on 18 helped, but at that point, all you can do is shake your head.
Got rained out yesterday. Last round was Thursday ( 138/72.6). Course handicap, 11. I was 10 over par after 7 holes and bemoaning my game when one of my playing partners mentioned that he thought I was shuffling my feet a little during the swing. I firmed up my stance and went 2 over (double bogey, bogey, 8 pars, birdie) the rest of the way. Once I firmed my base I hit almost every single shot solid. Finished with 84 and it could have been better if I made some putts.
I played a nice open praire-style course this past weekend in Southeast Nebraska. I am still getting used to playing 18 at a time, but now that I am, I really enjoy doing it. It was not too difficult of a course, but there was tall native grass that severely punished errant shots. Also, water got the best of me on a couple holes, so I had 4 penalties (ouch). I thought I would finally break 100 half way through the first 9, but a couple very bad holes (+4 on #7 and +6 on #16) killed it. #7 is the number one handicap at 540 yards around a dogleg. The approach shot is a narrow passage through overhanging trees with a creek running underneath. The creek is ~220 yards out, and you have to be in perfect position to even attempt a straight shot through this narrow passageway.
I sank some decent 10 foot putts, but the 3 putts killed me (especially the 3 putt on hole #11 where I hit my tee shot 10 feet from the hole). We are doing 18 again this Sunday at a course in town, so hopefully I can avoid the blow up holes and par the ones where I am close to the green/hole in regulation.
Man I love Beach's scorecards . I wonder what program/software/app it is?
I shot a 94 today at my home course, but didn't keep a detailed scorecard of it. Average scores are going down greatly as of late. Drives are getting straighter, mid game still sucks, and three puts are not happening as much as they used to. Think I only had two three putts today. I'm creeping up on 89, its going to happen....SOON!
92 today on Heron Point here on Hilton Head. missed a 4 footer for birdie on 18, and made quite a few 4 foot par testers on the back nine... way to many doubles and tripples. 7 pars including 5 on the back. course rating/slope is 72.5/134 absolutely beautiful day.
Playing Harbor Town in the mouring... I am super excited, cant wait... hopefully I can carry my swing over from the back 9 today onto the course tomorrow... Ahhhh can't wait!
A good day that could have been better. 42 at the Pete Dye designed Riverdale Dunes, Brighton CO 70.2/129, beautiful facility. Hit 6 of 7 FIR, 4 of 9 GIR but had 17 putts. Which sucks because until last week the putter was the strongest part of my game. Left the driver in the bag and stayed on the fairway.
Edited by Dave2512 - 9/6/12 at 11:49am
I played yesterday and today..... 7122yds 75.1cr 141slope......77-80. Just more of the same........some average golf, and some not so good...My timing has been a little off with the driver in recent weeks and I've been hitting shorter than normal drives which certainly doesn't help matters. IE....like when playing uphill 460yd par 4's.....LOL
So I'm pretty excited about my round today since it was the best round I've had in years. The course isn't an overly difficult course but the type of day I had would have resulted in a strong round a more difficult courses. That said here's the stats:
Kennedy Golf Course
6884 yards (Blue Tees)
Par 71 (36/35)
Score 73, +2
So the real key part of the round was that I parred the first 16 holes but bogeyed 17 & 18. Almost an even par round.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › Wow, Tiger got Dissed by Dan Jenkins? 4 minutes ago
- › My Swing (FireDragon76) 20 minutes ago
- › Article Says Real Reason for Slow Play is Short Tee Time Intervals 23 minutes ago
- › Why We "Choke" Under Pressure, According To Neuroscience 24 minutes ago
- › Dropping hands to initiate downswing 37 minutes ago
- › Favorite Candy Bar 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › McIlroy tweets photos of himself doing squats, then Justin Rose too... 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Food Thread 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › What Would You Give To Hit It 40 Yards Further? 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Effect of a driver shaft that is too stiff ? 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › IceSkin Cooling Shirt by Garmatex by boogielicious
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by CarlSpackler
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes