Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
For my review I tested the Ping Glide 54* SS (Standard Sole) and 58* WS (Wide Sole) Looks I have always preferred a non-glare finish on my wedges. The Glides satin finish and traditional...
I have always enjoyed walking. Always feel much more connected to the round, feel like i can learn the course better etc. However, of late some lower back nerve problems have really slowed me down....
The Garmin G3 is a basic, but very solid GPS unit. This is a model that came out a few years ago and it certainly doesn't have some of the advanced features that its successors have added. But what...
I was very excited to get a chance to review the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoe. When I first checked them out on the Adidas website, I was intrigued by the Boost energy capsules, and I was...
Back in summer 2013, a Bridgestone ballfitting team visited my home course, Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The pair offered us a chance to test our current ball vs. Bridgestone products, and...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 535
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
.........with 9, count 'em NINE straight bogies. Followed by a birdie on 18.
83's aren't all that uncommon, but I can't remember ever running 9 bogies together before. The birdie on 18 helped, but at that point, all you can do is shake your head.
Got rained out yesterday. Last round was Thursday ( 138/72.6). Course handicap, 11. I was 10 over par after 7 holes and bemoaning my game when one of my playing partners mentioned that he thought I was shuffling my feet a little during the swing. I firmed up my stance and went 2 over (double bogey, bogey, 8 pars, birdie) the rest of the way. Once I firmed my base I hit almost every single shot solid. Finished with 84 and it could have been better if I made some putts.
I played a nice open praire-style course this past weekend in Southeast Nebraska. I am still getting used to playing 18 at a time, but now that I am, I really enjoy doing it. It was not too difficult of a course, but there was tall native grass that severely punished errant shots. Also, water got the best of me on a couple holes, so I had 4 penalties (ouch). I thought I would finally break 100 half way through the first 9, but a couple very bad holes (+4 on #7 and +6 on #16) killed it. #7 is the number one handicap at 540 yards around a dogleg. The approach shot is a narrow passage through overhanging trees with a creek running underneath. The creek is ~220 yards out, and you have to be in perfect position to even attempt a straight shot through this narrow passageway.
I sank some decent 10 foot putts, but the 3 putts killed me (especially the 3 putt on hole #11 where I hit my tee shot 10 feet from the hole). We are doing 18 again this Sunday at a course in town, so hopefully I can avoid the blow up holes and par the ones where I am close to the green/hole in regulation.
Man I love Beach's scorecards . I wonder what program/software/app it is?
I shot a 94 today at my home course, but didn't keep a detailed scorecard of it. Average scores are going down greatly as of late. Drives are getting straighter, mid game still sucks, and three puts are not happening as much as they used to. Think I only had two three putts today. I'm creeping up on 89, its going to happen....SOON!
92 today on Heron Point here on Hilton Head. missed a 4 footer for birdie on 18, and made quite a few 4 foot par testers on the back nine... way to many doubles and tripples. 7 pars including 5 on the back. course rating/slope is 72.5/134 absolutely beautiful day.
Playing Harbor Town in the mouring... I am super excited, cant wait... hopefully I can carry my swing over from the back 9 today onto the course tomorrow... Ahhhh can't wait!
A good day that could have been better. 42 at the Pete Dye designed Riverdale Dunes, Brighton CO 70.2/129, beautiful facility. Hit 6 of 7 FIR, 4 of 9 GIR but had 17 putts. Which sucks because until last week the putter was the strongest part of my game. Left the driver in the bag and stayed on the fairway.
Edited by Dave2512 - 9/6/12 at 11:49am
I played yesterday and today..... 7122yds 75.1cr 141slope......77-80. Just more of the same........some average golf, and some not so good...My timing has been a little off with the driver in recent weeks and I've been hitting shorter than normal drives which certainly doesn't help matters. IE....like when playing uphill 460yd par 4's.....LOL
So I'm pretty excited about my round today since it was the best round I've had in years. The course isn't an overly difficult course but the type of day I had would have resulted in a strong round a more difficult courses. That said here's the stats:
Kennedy Golf Course
6884 yards (Blue Tees)
Par 71 (36/35)
Score 73, +2
So the real key part of the round was that I parred the first 16 holes but bogeyed 17 & 18. Almost an even par round.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 6 seconds ago
- › Strokes Gained Analysis For Average Golfers 6 minutes ago
- › Medicus Hinged Club - Does it work? 8 minutes ago
- › Robert rock lead foot 9 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to? 14 minutes ago
- › Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce 16 minutes ago
- › What are you Reading Right Now? 23 minutes ago
- › How Would You Play It? An Exercise in LSW Shot Zones and Shades of... 25 minutes ago
- › Water Shortage in California to Affect Golfers? 34 minutes ago
- › Tiger Shot a Worst Ball 66 at Medalist Before Masters 35 minutes ago
- › PING Glide Wedges by SavvySwede
- › Clicgear Model 3.5+ Push Cart by oregongolfguy
- › Garmin Approach G3 Golf GPS by dkolo
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by k-troop
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by WUTiger
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes