Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Today at 5:45 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 535
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
.........with 9, count 'em NINE straight bogies. Followed by a birdie on 18.
83's aren't all that uncommon, but I can't remember ever running 9 bogies together before. The birdie on 18 helped, but at that point, all you can do is shake your head.
Got rained out yesterday. Last round was Thursday ( 138/72.6). Course handicap, 11. I was 10 over par after 7 holes and bemoaning my game when one of my playing partners mentioned that he thought I was shuffling my feet a little during the swing. I firmed up my stance and went 2 over (double bogey, bogey, 8 pars, birdie) the rest of the way. Once I firmed my base I hit almost every single shot solid. Finished with 84 and it could have been better if I made some putts.
I played a nice open praire-style course this past weekend in Southeast Nebraska. I am still getting used to playing 18 at a time, but now that I am, I really enjoy doing it. It was not too difficult of a course, but there was tall native grass that severely punished errant shots. Also, water got the best of me on a couple holes, so I had 4 penalties (ouch). I thought I would finally break 100 half way through the first 9, but a couple very bad holes (+4 on #7 and +6 on #16) killed it. #7 is the number one handicap at 540 yards around a dogleg. The approach shot is a narrow passage through overhanging trees with a creek running underneath. The creek is ~220 yards out, and you have to be in perfect position to even attempt a straight shot through this narrow passageway.
I sank some decent 10 foot putts, but the 3 putts killed me (especially the 3 putt on hole #11 where I hit my tee shot 10 feet from the hole). We are doing 18 again this Sunday at a course in town, so hopefully I can avoid the blow up holes and par the ones where I am close to the green/hole in regulation.
Man I love Beach's scorecards . I wonder what program/software/app it is?
I shot a 94 today at my home course, but didn't keep a detailed scorecard of it. Average scores are going down greatly as of late. Drives are getting straighter, mid game still sucks, and three puts are not happening as much as they used to. Think I only had two three putts today. I'm creeping up on 89, its going to happen....SOON!
92 today on Heron Point here on Hilton Head. missed a 4 footer for birdie on 18, and made quite a few 4 foot par testers on the back nine... way to many doubles and tripples. 7 pars including 5 on the back. course rating/slope is 72.5/134 absolutely beautiful day.
Playing Harbor Town in the mouring... I am super excited, cant wait... hopefully I can carry my swing over from the back 9 today onto the course tomorrow... Ahhhh can't wait!
A good day that could have been better. 42 at the Pete Dye designed Riverdale Dunes, Brighton CO 70.2/129, beautiful facility. Hit 6 of 7 FIR, 4 of 9 GIR but had 17 putts. Which sucks because until last week the putter was the strongest part of my game. Left the driver in the bag and stayed on the fairway.
Edited by Dave2512 - 9/6/12 at 11:49am
I played yesterday and today..... 7122yds 75.1cr 141slope......77-80. Just more of the same........some average golf, and some not so good...My timing has been a little off with the driver in recent weeks and I've been hitting shorter than normal drives which certainly doesn't help matters. IE....like when playing uphill 460yd par 4's.....LOL
So I'm pretty excited about my round today since it was the best round I've had in years. The course isn't an overly difficult course but the type of day I had would have resulted in a strong round a more difficult courses. That said here's the stats:
Kennedy Golf Course
6884 yards (Blue Tees)
Par 71 (36/35)
Score 73, +2
So the real key part of the round was that I parred the first 16 holes but bogeyed 17 & 18. Almost an even par round.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › First time Golfing on the Golfboard 1 minute ago
- › Would you play a non-conforming (illegal) driver? 6 minutes ago
- › Favorite TV Show(s) 58 minutes ago
- › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition. 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › 5 wood over driver? 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Big Break Palm Beaches Discussion Thread 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Indented Text? Please Correct before Submitting 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › I Miss Golf. 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Open Clubface at Impact 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Two months and change and counting. The Masters, set to the music... 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes