Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 5/27/15 at 5:34pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Played here again last weekend. Just a great, rolling links course always in wonderful condition. If you ever get to south central PA, play this course.
*dozen came with my SkyTrak purchase. Played a full round with e6 today. Driving and iron shots were straighter then normal. Not as soft as some of the other premium balls. I'm testing about 5-6...
It's like having a Mercedes Benz that stalls at every stop light. Such beauty, all things wonderful....but that one annoying feature that drives you crazy. Ping makes great products. If you're...
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 536
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Brampton Park Golf Course, Cambridgeshire
5970 yards (Yellow Tees)
Par 71 (36/35 but today the back nine was 18 as we ran out of daylight and only got 5 holes in)
Front Nine - 42 (+6)
Back Five - 22 (+4)
Par - 54
Score - 64, 10 over par...a new record low score for me!
Birdies - 1 (only the 4th birdie in my LIFE!) This was ALMOST the first Eagle of my life!
Pars - 6
Bogeys - 3
Double Bogeys - 4
Lost Balls Front Nine - 1 (I have NEVER lost this few balls on the front nine holes at Brampton!!!!)
Lost Balls Back Nine - 3 (and Ive NEVER lost this few on the back nine!!!)
The big difference today is I left the driver in the bag and teed off with the 3 wood! Actually, the one time I pulled the driver out resulted in the first lost ball of the day! So back in the bag it went and out came the 3 wood and low and behold the ball ends up about 260 yards down the middle of the fairway!!!!
All in all, a bloody good days golf!
Played in my first "stroke" play tournament this weekend since I was a teenager. 36 holes total over 2 days. I was NOT happy with my game, or lack of it. I shot a 93 on Saturday and a 97 today. The course was in horrible shape. It was like hitting off concrete covered with that fake grass stuff. Ball striking was extremely challenging. I talked with several others, and they said the same thing. One guy I know shot a 71 in a tournament at a different, better maintained course, a month ago; he didn't break 90 at this tournament. I did win $42 for a birdie. Only had 1 birdie for both days, mostly bogeys, doubles, triples, and even a quad. On a good note, I only had 2 penalty strokes and lost only 1 ball.
I don't want it to sound like I'm making excuses, or placing blame for bad play, but the condition of the course WAS HORRIBLE. I really do feel that had quite a bit to do with my crappy score.
Played the front 9 from the back tees on Friday and shot a 39, bogeys on 1, 8, and 9. I didn't hit many great shots, just played solid. Played the back nine on Sunday morning and shot a 42. So that gives me a combined 81, 4 or strokes better than my previous best from those tees and 3 strokes better than my best from the middle tees.
89 on Saturday.
Sunday afternoon played in an inter-club tournament that was four ball on the front nine, and singles match play on the back. I contributed nothing to the four ball and my team lost, but won my match with three birdies on the back 9.
Went out yesterday to the local executive course with my youngest son, it was painfully slow....at least 2 groups of newbie golfers in front of us, and no real gaps to jump ahead.
We ended up only playing 6 holes - #1-5 and then we skipped about 4 slow groups and played #9. I was playing 2 balls on every hole - there was nobody behind us (we should have jumped backwards, but I never really looked at doing that)
ANYWAY - my son plays from the forward tees and on the 4th hole he made his first birdie ever. The hole plays about 115 from his tees and he put his 3-wood about 15 feet from the hole and then drained a little right to left breaker. I don't think I have been that excited for a shot in my 40+ years of playing. I kept the scorecard and the ball and will be getting them mounted - I'm just not sure if I'm going to give them to him or keep them for me.
Days like that are what make golf the great game that it is!
83 today on World Woods, Pine Barrens... 75.3/133 but it was not playing all the way back... the black and gold tees were playing together on all but a couple holes so tecnically i played the golds... 1 birdie and one double... everything else was bogies and pars... strugled with my aproatch shots, just could not get it close. lipped out a 30 footer on the first hole, then lipped out the 3 footer after the lip out 30... had the ball missed the hole completely I would have only had about 18" for par... a couple of the greens were way faster then the rest, and the bunckers were seriously washed out... but 83 first time out I am very happy with. The 83 gits my HC back down to 11, it was up to 12.2 ater my trip to Hilton Head... I guess I could have not recorder the scores, but I feel like I really know what im capable of shooting right now.
After my soul searching performance a couple weeks ago, complete with threats to walk away from the game, I went back out this morning and shot a very respectable 93. It's even more respectable because it included two OBs and a ball in a hazard, so it could very easily have been down in the 80s. Thanks to those penalties, I was 11 over on the par 5s, and only 10 over on the other 14 holes. Ugh.
Overall all aspects of my game were solid. Only two flubbed shots, and I really kept myself from getting bogged down by bad shots or bad breaks. I also had a couple of opportunities to play through other groups and I managed to hit magnificent shots every time I had an audience---a 270 yard drive down the middle when playing through on the 3rd hole, a 170ish yard 4I into the wind to the front fringe on a par 3, and a 235 yard drive down the center when another player was waiting near my tee box to look for his errant drive. It's really a nice feeling to look like you know what you're doing with an audience.
Putting was pretty solid, very good distance control, and didn't miss anything from within about 6 feet. Unfortunately, I didn't make anything from outside there, but left I-don't-know-how-many balls within a foot of the cup, and a few within about 8 inches. Would have been nice if some of those had dropped, but I'll take machine-gun two-putt bogies all day.
Played 9 holes today just got home about 10 minutes ago. Started off the day with a bogey on hole 1 which is a par 3 and hole 2 a short easy par 4. Followed by that I birdied 3,4,5. Got par on 6 and bogied 7. I then shot par on holes 8 and 9 for a total round of 35 even par. Not too bad today I hit nearly all fairways. Even on hole 2 I hit the fairway but was on a severe downhill lie and didn't hit my shot hard enough and landed right in the ditch in front of the hole. Took my drop and next shot was within 2 feet of the hole and a putt in for bogey.
Went out yesterday for the first time in a couple weeks (due to a lower back injury). Driving was a bit poor, but my short game was solid. 6 one putts, 1 two putt, 1 three putt, and 1 chip-in. Hitting the woods is where I struggled. Still managed a 46 (+8) though, so overall not too bad.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 2015 Irish Open Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Par + Handicap for Holes Not Played under the Principles of the RoG 1 minute ago
- › GAME GOLF & TST Challenge - Win Autographed Shirt and Hat by GG Pros! 8 minutes ago
- › 7 minute tee time interval, really? Can weekend golfers in big... 10 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 12 minutes ago
- › Why do I go through so many gloves???? 19 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015) 20 minutes ago
- › Are these glasses against the rules? 21 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 22 minutes ago
- › Are there too many rules in golf? 29 minutes ago
- › Royal Manchester Golf Links by atb5079
- › Bridgestone e6 by mcat12
- › PING Hoofer by Vinsk
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest