Last round of the year. Didn't play stellar myself, but I wasn't too much of a hinderance to the group either. We played in a 4 person best ball (2 lowest net scores on each hole) and won by 5 strokes. It was a little awkward since I'd been somewhat vocal about sandbagging earlier in the year. Oh well, at least by next year nobody will even remember who I am. Have a great off season my fellow Canadians (both of you).
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
Copied from forum because there was an advice to put my review on this page for other players who want to try SwingTalk. Wish it helps your...
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 542
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I hit a 45, on a par 5 9 hole course. Lovely course and just keep going back. Had it not decided to start throwing it down, I'd have played another 18.
TOP - HOLE
MIDDLE - PAR
BOTTOM - SCORE
It's annoying 3 putting. I do well to get onto the green, but putting is driving me insane at the minute.
I'm proud to say that I have went from a 26 hcp to 17.6 hcp in the past 3 mths. I used to play all the time years ago. Then life took over. Didn't play for 12 years. Just started back last Fall and it was like starting all over again. Bought some PING G20 irons and have been playing about 1 or 2 times a week. Heading to Panama City this week for golf and relaxation.
St Andrews Golf.......The Joe Jemsek Course this morning.
Played from the blues. (tips) 6770 yds 72.0/122
I played the Hex Black tour for the first time and really liked it. Didn't play all that great on the front. (Tee'd off just before sunrise. Was still a bit cold) Putted like crap all day. Some greens still had enough dew on them to give the ball a rooster tail. Other greens were as dry as a bone. Never could figure out speeds. Did manage to salvage a decent round on the backside.
Ended up with a 94 for the day. Lost to my buddy who shot 89.
Of course it's the end of the season and I'm finding a fantastic improvement ramp over the last couple weeks.
9 holes on Saturday - 44
18 holes on a legit par 72 course (not some short/easy exec course, probably a decent middle length/middle difficult course, on Sunday - front was a 40 which I would take ANY day of the week. the back was a 37!!! Sometimes there are days where things just keep going right - this time it was approach shots and putting - even the driver was good, when I missed, it wasn't by much compared to normal. This is the best 18 I've shot this year. I'm typically 88/89 on this course. And it was even kind of windy which normally throws me way off.
I like my new driver. And the lessons I've learned in the last few weeks about club choices and swing path.
practice is now two main items -
1 - more driver debugging (I'm so close and I like my new driver a lot) - I'm a little shorter than my last driver, but the shots are straighter in general - first use here, hadn't even hit the range with it. And shorter could just be the windy day.
2 - that "under 50 yards up to the fringe" shooting - I really have no clue. I am choosing to putt from the very fringe instead of chip/pitch and that seem to be a MUCH better choice. but the rest of it, I'm guessing on my club/shot choice - chip it up with a 7/8i vs pitch it with the SW or PW, etc etc etc. on the little short shots (within 20 feet of the green edge) are even worse. Lessons this winter I'm hoping. But I played with it a lot this time and learned a few things too (hit the official shot, but then take a few balls and just try the other options to compare).
I played Rammler yesterday, I hit over 100 again. It was my first time out since the end of July (newborn at home). my first 4 holes were pathetic, it was like I hadn't learned a thing in the past year, then I started relaxing and hitting some decent shots. Then at 8 I caught up to the pack. A hole with a foursome teeing off and three guys behind them. They didn't let me play through even though I was by myself and I trailed these people all day after. I was getting frustrated by it even though I knew I shouldn't.
76 (par 72 course, 6800 yds). I was even up to 16th hole. I was debating whether to hit a 3 iron on the 17th hole because it's down hill and only 380 yds. Against my good judgment, I decided to go with the driver since I was hitting it well all day. Lo and behold, I hit a draw and the ball trickles into the native rough. Ended up with a triple bogey on the 17th and 3 putted 18th for +4!
Except for the last two holes, it was a great day--4 bogeys and 4 birdies for 16 holes.
Gotta work on my accuracy, seems pretty clear that more GIR will lead to lower scores.
I was hitting some laser beams today at the flag... My approach on 16 was inches from going in... All three birds were inside 5ft.
I hit a decent approach on the 2nd out of the rough, but just picked a little too much club and it flew out of the rough better than I thought it would. Ended up in the trap - short sided with a terrible lie. I tried to dig it out, but it came out with no spin and ran through the narrow green into the bunker on the opposite side. Walked away with a dub. Then on the next box, proceeded to block a 3W off the tee into the lateral hazard. Took a drop, hit a wedge to 5ft, and missed the putt.
Overall, my misses weren't bad at all. I just failed to hit the right distance on a few holes - came up short a few times. And then didn't shape the shot as much as I thought I would on a few. I'm pretty pleased with today's round. I hit some great shots.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › My Swing(viktoriousBIG) 4 seconds ago
- › Best Round of My Life 2 minutes ago
- › Ball Actually "Pinched" Against Ground or Not 6 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015) 8 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Jeremie Boop) 13 minutes ago
- › John Daly for Ryder Cup Captain? 19 minutes ago
- › Good value ball 21 minutes ago
- › First Hole in One 22 minutes ago
- › Loosing grip 33 minutes ago
- › What courses are on your British Isles Bucket List? 33 minutes ago
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes