Last round of the year. Didn't play stellar myself, but I wasn't too much of a hinderance to the group either. We played in a 4 person best ball (2 lowest net scores on each hole) and won by 5 strokes. It was a little awkward since I'd been somewhat vocal about sandbagging earlier in the year. Oh well, at least by next year nobody will even remember who I am. Have a great off season my fellow Canadians (both of you).
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 542
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I hit a 45, on a par 5 9 hole course. Lovely course and just keep going back. Had it not decided to start throwing it down, I'd have played another 18.
TOP - HOLE
MIDDLE - PAR
BOTTOM - SCORE
It's annoying 3 putting. I do well to get onto the green, but putting is driving me insane at the minute.
I'm proud to say that I have went from a 26 hcp to 17.6 hcp in the past 3 mths. I used to play all the time years ago. Then life took over. Didn't play for 12 years. Just started back last Fall and it was like starting all over again. Bought some PING G20 irons and have been playing about 1 or 2 times a week. Heading to Panama City this week for golf and relaxation.
St Andrews Golf.......The Joe Jemsek Course this morning.
Played from the blues. (tips) 6770 yds 72.0/122
I played the Hex Black tour for the first time and really liked it. Didn't play all that great on the front. (Tee'd off just before sunrise. Was still a bit cold) Putted like crap all day. Some greens still had enough dew on them to give the ball a rooster tail. Other greens were as dry as a bone. Never could figure out speeds. Did manage to salvage a decent round on the backside.
Ended up with a 94 for the day. Lost to my buddy who shot 89.
Of course it's the end of the season and I'm finding a fantastic improvement ramp over the last couple weeks.
9 holes on Saturday - 44
18 holes on a legit par 72 course (not some short/easy exec course, probably a decent middle length/middle difficult course, on Sunday - front was a 40 which I would take ANY day of the week. the back was a 37!!! Sometimes there are days where things just keep going right - this time it was approach shots and putting - even the driver was good, when I missed, it wasn't by much compared to normal. This is the best 18 I've shot this year. I'm typically 88/89 on this course. And it was even kind of windy which normally throws me way off.
I like my new driver. And the lessons I've learned in the last few weeks about club choices and swing path.
practice is now two main items -
1 - more driver debugging (I'm so close and I like my new driver a lot) - I'm a little shorter than my last driver, but the shots are straighter in general - first use here, hadn't even hit the range with it. And shorter could just be the windy day.
2 - that "under 50 yards up to the fringe" shooting - I really have no clue. I am choosing to putt from the very fringe instead of chip/pitch and that seem to be a MUCH better choice. but the rest of it, I'm guessing on my club/shot choice - chip it up with a 7/8i vs pitch it with the SW or PW, etc etc etc. on the little short shots (within 20 feet of the green edge) are even worse. Lessons this winter I'm hoping. But I played with it a lot this time and learned a few things too (hit the official shot, but then take a few balls and just try the other options to compare).
I played Rammler yesterday, I hit over 100 again. It was my first time out since the end of July (newborn at home). my first 4 holes were pathetic, it was like I hadn't learned a thing in the past year, then I started relaxing and hitting some decent shots. Then at 8 I caught up to the pack. A hole with a foursome teeing off and three guys behind them. They didn't let me play through even though I was by myself and I trailed these people all day after. I was getting frustrated by it even though I knew I shouldn't.
76 (par 72 course, 6800 yds). I was even up to 16th hole. I was debating whether to hit a 3 iron on the 17th hole because it's down hill and only 380 yds. Against my good judgment, I decided to go with the driver since I was hitting it well all day. Lo and behold, I hit a draw and the ball trickles into the native rough. Ended up with a triple bogey on the 17th and 3 putted 18th for +4!
Except for the last two holes, it was a great day--4 bogeys and 4 birdies for 16 holes.
Gotta work on my accuracy, seems pretty clear that more GIR will lead to lower scores.
I was hitting some laser beams today at the flag... My approach on 16 was inches from going in... All three birds were inside 5ft.
I hit a decent approach on the 2nd out of the rough, but just picked a little too much club and it flew out of the rough better than I thought it would. Ended up in the trap - short sided with a terrible lie. I tried to dig it out, but it came out with no spin and ran through the narrow green into the bunker on the opposite side. Walked away with a dub. Then on the next box, proceeded to block a 3W off the tee into the lateral hazard. Took a drop, hit a wedge to 5ft, and missed the putt.
Overall, my misses weren't bad at all. I just failed to hit the right distance on a few holes - came up short a few times. And then didn't shape the shot as much as I thought I would on a few. I'm pretty pleased with today's round. I hit some great shots.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 2015 The Honda Classic Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Male Scratch Golfer on the LPGA Tour 6 minutes ago
- › Winter Depression Thread 13 minutes ago
- › What irons? 19 minutes ago
- › What do you think is the most important club in the bag? 23 minutes ago
- › Adjustable loft hybrid for mid-high handicap 40 minutes ago
- › Masters ticket lottery 46 minutes ago
- › Joost Luiten 48 minutes ago
- › Worst Shot You've Ever Witnessed (not by you, unless yours is the... 58 minutes ago
- › To golfers who score in the 70s - What's your story? 58 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes