Going back and analyzing my round Sunday, I think the change in driver loft and shaft I made appears to have been a good one. I was using a TM burner TP 10.5 with a 56 gram fujikura shaft on it. While I was pretty consistent with it, I think it may have been a bit light, resulting in some high flight with soft landings and little roll. I was ending up with around 245-260 yards with it on a flushed shot, while hitting my 3-wood about 240. Also, the face was a slight bit closed on the TM, which is not conducive to my tendency to go left on a bad swing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Bridgestone E6 – A High Handicappers Look At The E6 First off, thank you Mike and Eric for giving me the opportunity to review the E6 and thanks for the free balls. When I was giving this...
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
I was given a pair of the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoes for the purpose of writing a review. My previous experience with golf shoes is a couple of pairs of FootJoys and a couple of pairs of...
I bought these when I was still playing baseball and considering getting back into golf. Had them for about 8 months and they were decent enough and they worked. After about 7 ish months though of...
There's probably not much I can say about this book that hasn't already been addressed in either these other reviews or the myriad forums on the website. With that said, let me offer some insights...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 545
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Yes, a hole in one! On No. 13 at the Hogan Park Quail Course in Midland, Texas, at 4:07pm on Thursday, November 22nd, and I have a witness - my wonderful wife. We drove to Midland to spend Thanksgiving with mother, had a huge meal earlier and decided to get out and take advantage of the great weather. There aren't many obstacles out here in West Texas and with the grass dry as bone, the ball will role a long way. Anyway, it was a 145 yard par 3 with a slight left to right breeze. I took out my 6 iron thinking I would swing easy. Actually I hit it a little fat but the ball hit the middle of the green and because of the slope rolled straight back into the hole. And I finished the round with a 91 - not bad for a old hacker. My wife says now I'm REALLY going to be difficult to get along with.
Some of me is still there; today was my third-ever-in-my-life two-birdie round. Both par-5s, and both were a good wedge and then a medium putt (about 10-12 feet each).
However, the doubles and triples added up and I ended up with a 99. Nine holes of bogey-or-better and nine of double and triple (although not consecutively for either...
What this really reminded me is that, since I can't get to the range after work, I'm going to have to start going before work.
Ready to hang myself, can't shake the 41-44 curse. Today another 9 hole outing at 43 and again I played better than that. I don't get it. I've been working on my putting and most days I am pretty solid. Today I hit 5 of 9 GIR and 3 putted every one. Besides one in a trap on a par 3, which I rolled up to within 18" of the cup for a 1 putt, the other 3 missed were on the fringe. I effed those up with the putter too. I may as well miss the greens completely because I can knock it closer with a chip than a long putt. My lone birdie was the result of a chip that hit the pin. Typicall BS corrections and faulty distance control. If it rolls past I leave the next one short and vice versa. A few lipped out but dang this is irritating because my iron play is really good.
First time playing this course: par 72, 71.3 rating, slope 124. Shot 91 with 33 putts but I missed a 3' putt for birdie on 17. Had a bit of rust on my short game: a couple of pitch shots flew the greens. Also shot 7 over on the par 3s... Seven pars though, which I'm happy about.
I hit 3 fairway's and 4 GIR, but most importantly, ZERO penalty strokes! Not one lateral miss or OB. I am glad to see my swing changes are working; still have a lot of work to do yet. Overall, very pleased with the round.
Played yesterday, not really keeping score because we aren't posting anymore and we were just playing a friendly better-ball match. Picked up when it didn't matter and moved on to the next hole and got done pretty quickly.
Couldn't drive the ball out of my shadow all day but my irons and short game were on. Probably the best day I had with the short game all season. Great timing, eh? If I could have chipped and pitched like that all year I probably would have broken 80 a few times.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Here’s Who Vegas Is Picking to Win the Masters 16 minutes ago
- › 2015 Masters Discussion Thread 37 minutes ago
- › Footwork 39 minutes ago
- › Winter Depression Thread 42 minutes ago
- › Counterfeit Vokey wedges 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Help Bill Choose a Golf Ball 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › The problem with genuine clubs 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › LPGA Kia Classic 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Cheap Kitchen Units UK 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Commercial 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by No Mulligans
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by meenman
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by cliffj
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes