Going back and analyzing my round Sunday, I think the change in driver loft and shaft I made appears to have been a good one. I was using a TM burner TP 10.5 with a 56 gram fujikura shaft on it. While I was pretty consistent with it, I think it may have been a bit light, resulting in some high flight with soft landings and little roll. I was ending up with around 245-260 yards with it on a flushed shot, while hitting my 3-wood about 240. Also, the face was a slight bit closed on the TM, which is not conducive to my tendency to go left on a bad swing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
This is a great course and is the home of may First Tee league and team events for some local high schools. The practice facility is all grass, and if you need to hone your irons this is the place...
If you are going there for a fun and short weekend round, you can usually finish up on 2 hours or less depending upon how many golfers are playing. My kids and I used to play this course once a...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 545
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Yes, a hole in one! On No. 13 at the Hogan Park Quail Course in Midland, Texas, at 4:07pm on Thursday, November 22nd, and I have a witness - my wonderful wife. We drove to Midland to spend Thanksgiving with mother, had a huge meal earlier and decided to get out and take advantage of the great weather. There aren't many obstacles out here in West Texas and with the grass dry as bone, the ball will role a long way. Anyway, it was a 145 yard par 3 with a slight left to right breeze. I took out my 6 iron thinking I would swing easy. Actually I hit it a little fat but the ball hit the middle of the green and because of the slope rolled straight back into the hole. And I finished the round with a 91 - not bad for a old hacker. My wife says now I'm REALLY going to be difficult to get along with.
Some of me is still there; today was my third-ever-in-my-life two-birdie round. Both par-5s, and both were a good wedge and then a medium putt (about 10-12 feet each).
However, the doubles and triples added up and I ended up with a 99. Nine holes of bogey-or-better and nine of double and triple (although not consecutively for either...
What this really reminded me is that, since I can't get to the range after work, I'm going to have to start going before work.
Ready to hang myself, can't shake the 41-44 curse. Today another 9 hole outing at 43 and again I played better than that. I don't get it. I've been working on my putting and most days I am pretty solid. Today I hit 5 of 9 GIR and 3 putted every one. Besides one in a trap on a par 3, which I rolled up to within 18" of the cup for a 1 putt, the other 3 missed were on the fringe. I effed those up with the putter too. I may as well miss the greens completely because I can knock it closer with a chip than a long putt. My lone birdie was the result of a chip that hit the pin. Typicall BS corrections and faulty distance control. If it rolls past I leave the next one short and vice versa. A few lipped out but dang this is irritating because my iron play is really good.
First time playing this course: par 72, 71.3 rating, slope 124. Shot 91 with 33 putts but I missed a 3' putt for birdie on 17. Had a bit of rust on my short game: a couple of pitch shots flew the greens. Also shot 7 over on the par 3s... Seven pars though, which I'm happy about.
I hit 3 fairway's and 4 GIR, but most importantly, ZERO penalty strokes! Not one lateral miss or OB. I am glad to see my swing changes are working; still have a lot of work to do yet. Overall, very pleased with the round.
Played yesterday, not really keeping score because we aren't posting anymore and we were just playing a friendly better-ball match. Picked up when it didn't matter and moved on to the next hole and got done pretty quickly.
Couldn't drive the ball out of my shadow all day but my irons and short game were on. Probably the best day I had with the short game all season. Great timing, eh? If I could have chipped and pitched like that all year I probably would have broken 80 a few times.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Who is your golf buddy? 37 seconds ago
- › Maintaining the Flying Wedge 1 minute ago
- › My fellow douchebags... How Douchey is Your Favorite Summer Sport?... 13 minutes ago
- › My Swing (oudrees) 16 minutes ago
- › Low punch cut 18 minutes ago
- › Custom Fittings are OVERRATED? 23 minutes ago
- › Pure grips...slippery? 25 minutes ago
- › Funny/Bizzare Internet Stuff 28 minutes ago
- › Chiropractor recommendation / 2nd opinion anyone? 35 minutes ago
- › Tiger Woods and Chris Como spliting? 37 minutes ago
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes