Played last Sunday...winter golf....and had a 39 on the front and 40 on the back for a 79. Short game is hurting from not being able to play during the week this time of year.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Copied from forum because there was an advice to put my review on this page for other players who want to try SwingTalk. Wish it helps your...
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
This is a great course and is the home of may First Tee league and team events for some local high schools. The practice facility is all grass, and if you need to hone your irons this is the place...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 546
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Shot a 74 on Sunday! Best round I've ever played. Shot a 74 once years ago but it was largely luck, with a lots of 160 yard punch slices out of the trees up on the green and whatnot. Still a pretty easy course though, 71.9/119, with the difficulty points coming mostly from distance, 6,805 yards. Lots of huge greens and fairways.
But I felt in control for the first time ever. Two 3-putt bogeys on the first 4 holes, then as I tired mentally I had my only two really old-style misses leading to bogeys on 15 and 17, but I played -2 through the middle ten holes and just totally felt in control all day. And after those two bad irons on 15 and 17, recovered on a long par 5 on 18 hitting a good drive, slightly pushed 7i, solid wedge, barely missed birdie putt. Just felt incredible.
Played today at Desert Dunes in Desert Hot Springs (quickly becoming one of my favorite courses) and shot 83 from the white tees (par 72, 71.7/128)...
I birdied the first, bogeyed the second and then had a string of four pars until I made a 9 on the par 4 7th (that hurt). I made a double on the par 3 eighth and then was able to shake it off and make 4 bogeys and 6 pars from there. I had a couple of good birdie looks on the back but couldn't convert. I can't complain too much though, overall a good day.
It was Tuesday... I shot a 97 at Bear's Best in Atlanta. First time I've been on a golf course since August, and with the arrival of the triplets on October 20th, it was the first time I've had a club in my hands in a couple of months. Fought a nasty push all day, but was money with the driver. Hit over 70% of the fairways, but only hit two greens. And, the push tended to put me into some nasty spots near the greens... awkward hanging lies and short sided. Contact was good though. Other than two mishits and a fat fairway bunker shot, I struck the ball pretty well. Also, my putting was decent, I just didn't put myself in very good positions with my irons.
Playing again on Sunday at Heritage, so hopefully I'll have it worked out by then.
Aaaah yes, winter golf! I played today and it was 40degrees on the first tee and 43 degrees when we finished. It was one of those dark-dreary-wet days with no wind. It rained last night and the course played very long and the greens had a thick coating of dew throughout the entire round. The air was very cold, damp, and heavy, but it was reasonably comfortable thanks to the calm wind conditions.
I scored a great round that came from completely out of nowhere because I've been playing like sh!t lately. I guess I rolled out of the correct side of the bed this morning....LOL
The course: 72.5CR 137slope......par36-36=72...The Score: 37-34=71 (-1).......... 9 fairways.....13GIR....29putts with 5 birdies. Today was a very pleasant surprise!!! Golf, whatta' crazy game.....I beat my round from the previous day by 10 strokes. LOL
79 @Mile Square Players Course.
Couldn't convert any of the birdie opportunities i had and made double bogey on 18 after going in the water off the tee.
Still felt like i held the round together when i wasnt hitting the ball that great. Made some nice putts.
It was 75 and sunny in Myrtle Beach today, so I took advantage of the great December golf rates and squeezed in a round at a course I had not played before.
SandPiper Bay in Calabash, NC.
Struggled all day off the tee, only hit 5 FAIRWAYS. This place has a TON of water. Shot 43-45 with 6 pars and 8 bogies (the rest were 'others'). Putted pretty well, but spraying it off the tee was making it tough to make pars today. At least the weather was nice. And the course was in great shape.
Then on Monday I played Primm Valley Golf Club- Dessert course. Wow, another awesome course, can't wait to play the Lakes course. I shot a 107 from the whites, Still trying to get under 100 . I'll get there at some point, at lest I sure hope so
Played a full 9 holes for the first time in a while. One of the golf course employees was playing with me and keeping score so I was just focusing on making good swings and maintaining my inclination since it's been a while and that's always the first thing to go when my body isn't well conditioned. Shot low 40 something on the front nine. Didn't strike it too poorly, maybe 7/10, but the course was just so tight. Some of my landing areas were < 15 yards wide. Back 9 started getting hot and we only got in 5 more holes before it got dark. -2 on the par 5's. They have a really long one that takes a 300+ yard drive over some trees followed by a 250 yard level shot. No hazards anywhere, just long and tight. Nailed the drive perfectly and had a green light special from the center. Smooth 3-wood to the green. It felt so easy, but he said in all the years he's been there he's never actually seen someone get on that green in two. That struck me as odd, but stroked the ego nonetheless. It was great fun.
Played hookie from work yesterday and played golf. Shot 73 (par 71). I finally started hitting it better yesterday after a couple of garbage rounds the past couple of weeks. It's amazing how one little thing can ruin your whole swing. The funny thing is, the wife told me what I was doing wrong and I didn't believe her.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › My Swing (cipher) 6 minutes ago
- › Can't find ball 22 minutes ago
- › How To Improve My Handicap in 21 Days... 34 minutes ago
- › Why am I hitting TaylorMade Aeroburner much farther? 34 minutes ago
- › What do you think my chances are going pro 45 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Nosevi) 54 minutes ago
- › My Swing (parlor) 1 hour ago
- › Baba Booey! 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Fowler gets a Hole in One, buys Beer! 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Shorts / Belt Question 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes