Played last Sunday...winter golf....and had a 39 on the front and 40 on the back for a 79. Short game is hurting from not being able to play during the week this time of year.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 546
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Shot a 74 on Sunday! Best round I've ever played. Shot a 74 once years ago but it was largely luck, with a lots of 160 yard punch slices out of the trees up on the green and whatnot. Still a pretty easy course though, 71.9/119, with the difficulty points coming mostly from distance, 6,805 yards. Lots of huge greens and fairways.
But I felt in control for the first time ever. Two 3-putt bogeys on the first 4 holes, then as I tired mentally I had my only two really old-style misses leading to bogeys on 15 and 17, but I played -2 through the middle ten holes and just totally felt in control all day. And after those two bad irons on 15 and 17, recovered on a long par 5 on 18 hitting a good drive, slightly pushed 7i, solid wedge, barely missed birdie putt. Just felt incredible.
Played today at Desert Dunes in Desert Hot Springs (quickly becoming one of my favorite courses) and shot 83 from the white tees (par 72, 71.7/128)...
I birdied the first, bogeyed the second and then had a string of four pars until I made a 9 on the par 4 7th (that hurt). I made a double on the par 3 eighth and then was able to shake it off and make 4 bogeys and 6 pars from there. I had a couple of good birdie looks on the back but couldn't convert. I can't complain too much though, overall a good day.
It was Tuesday... I shot a 97 at Bear's Best in Atlanta. First time I've been on a golf course since August, and with the arrival of the triplets on October 20th, it was the first time I've had a club in my hands in a couple of months. Fought a nasty push all day, but was money with the driver. Hit over 70% of the fairways, but only hit two greens. And, the push tended to put me into some nasty spots near the greens... awkward hanging lies and short sided. Contact was good though. Other than two mishits and a fat fairway bunker shot, I struck the ball pretty well. Also, my putting was decent, I just didn't put myself in very good positions with my irons.
Playing again on Sunday at Heritage, so hopefully I'll have it worked out by then.
Aaaah yes, winter golf! I played today and it was 40degrees on the first tee and 43 degrees when we finished. It was one of those dark-dreary-wet days with no wind. It rained last night and the course played very long and the greens had a thick coating of dew throughout the entire round. The air was very cold, damp, and heavy, but it was reasonably comfortable thanks to the calm wind conditions.
I scored a great round that came from completely out of nowhere because I've been playing like sh!t lately. I guess I rolled out of the correct side of the bed this morning....LOL
The course: 72.5CR 137slope......par36-36=72...The Score: 37-34=71 (-1).......... 9 fairways.....13GIR....29putts with 5 birdies. Today was a very pleasant surprise!!! Golf, whatta' crazy game.....I beat my round from the previous day by 10 strokes. LOL
79 @Mile Square Players Course.
Couldn't convert any of the birdie opportunities i had and made double bogey on 18 after going in the water off the tee.
Still felt like i held the round together when i wasnt hitting the ball that great. Made some nice putts.
It was 75 and sunny in Myrtle Beach today, so I took advantage of the great December golf rates and squeezed in a round at a course I had not played before.
SandPiper Bay in Calabash, NC.
Struggled all day off the tee, only hit 5 FAIRWAYS. This place has a TON of water. Shot 43-45 with 6 pars and 8 bogies (the rest were 'others'). Putted pretty well, but spraying it off the tee was making it tough to make pars today. At least the weather was nice. And the course was in great shape.
Then on Monday I played Primm Valley Golf Club- Dessert course. Wow, another awesome course, can't wait to play the Lakes course. I shot a 107 from the whites, Still trying to get under 100 . I'll get there at some point, at lest I sure hope so
Played a full 9 holes for the first time in a while. One of the golf course employees was playing with me and keeping score so I was just focusing on making good swings and maintaining my inclination since it's been a while and that's always the first thing to go when my body isn't well conditioned. Shot low 40 something on the front nine. Didn't strike it too poorly, maybe 7/10, but the course was just so tight. Some of my landing areas were < 15 yards wide. Back 9 started getting hot and we only got in 5 more holes before it got dark. -2 on the par 5's. They have a really long one that takes a 300+ yard drive over some trees followed by a 250 yard level shot. No hazards anywhere, just long and tight. Nailed the drive perfectly and had a green light special from the center. Smooth 3-wood to the green. It felt so easy, but he said in all the years he's been there he's never actually seen someone get on that green in two. That struck me as odd, but stroked the ego nonetheless. It was great fun.
Played hookie from work yesterday and played golf. Shot 73 (par 71). I finally started hitting it better yesterday after a couple of garbage rounds the past couple of weeks. It's amazing how one little thing can ruin your whole swing. The funny thing is, the wife told me what I was doing wrong and I didn't believe her.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 13 minutes ago
- › Vote on the 2015 Newport Cup Team Colors 17 minutes ago
- › TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing 18 minutes ago
- › What if Iron Byron or some other Golf Robot hit all your long shots? 28 minutes ago
- › Wedge gap distances 36 minutes ago
- › Male Scratch Golfer on the LPGA Tour 55 minutes ago
- › Pinehurst in April 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Do you remember all of your shots in a round? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › The "Ball Under a Foot of Water" Challenge 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Topping short irons and hooking long irons .. arghhh!!! 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes