Shot an 89(tied my lowest round) today at Belmont CC, my home course. Hit 8 GIR, 1 or 2 putted every hole. Wedges, chipping were both great. Like always my issues today came off the tee box. I got 9-pars, had 4 legit chances at birdies, just barely missed 3 of them. HDCP will be coming down again. Woohoo!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
I’ve played over 10 rounds with these grips and I can’t say enough how much like these grips. It fits perfect in my hand, has a great feel and the reduced tapered end makes it easy to maintain...
Overall the Talon is a great glove. When looking for a great glove, it’s all about the fit to the hand, the feel and grip on the club and lastly comfort. The Talon glove had two of the three...
I picked up this book after it was posting for discussion in the Reading Room section of The Sand Trap. James Sieckmann is a former PGA Pro who turned to coaching. His methods were developed...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 550
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Today I posted an 86 at Green Valley Golf Club in Denver Colorado. Not close to my best round of 78 but I did however do something that has eluded me for 10 years. I posted my first ever EAGLE!!! I have had countless birdies but for some strange reason eagle has always been out of reach. Hole #4 tee shot with a 7 iron. Then pulled a 60 degree wedge (vokey) had a 60 foot pitch that I tried to kill on the front of the green and the ball did just as I had asked it to. 1 hop and nothing but net. I was in such shock that it took me a couple seconds to figure out that I had just done what had previously been impossible. Temperature at tee time 36 degrees outside. Now I only wish that I wasn't playing with an orange Bridgestone e6 because it looks like crap on my display case, but with snow still on the fairways and bunkers a bright orange ball is vital those white balls are hard to find in the white stuff!!!!!!!!!
One of the most embarrassing rounds of golf I've experienced in a long time. Six three putts. 40 putts total.
It was the first time I've played this course, which is an hour + away from my place. And I really wasn't too excited to play it considering it was a haul to the course, and the forecast called for rain all day. But I needed to get a practice round in before a tournament next weekend that I'm scheduled to play.
We had an 8 AM tee time... I pulled into the course a 7:45. I walked onto the first tee without hitting a ball or rolling a putt... And it took me some time to get comfortable rolling the rock on wet greens (It's rained the last 3 days). But even when I finally got the speeds of the greens figured out, and started using my Aimpoint charts... I still couldn't make a bird or par save from over 5ft. The longest putt I made all day was a 3' putt. Makes me sick... I burned so many edges, and nothing was falling. I was ice cold. I just hope that I can get it figured out before next weekend!?!
The bright side is that it was all on 5 holes. (4 triples and a double - otherwise 4 over par on the other 13 holes). The other bright side is that I drove the ball well today (usually the cause for my poor rounds). If you count the first cut, I hit 11 of 14 fairways.
The REALLY bright side ... I carded an eagle today! Par 5, decent drive into right rough (only in name ... lie was as nice as if in the fairway) Leaving myself 215 to the pin, big bunker directly in front of me so its a blind shot, except there's a power pole in the distance perfectly in line with my target. Hit a perfect 4 iron to about 20 feet. Putt was in the whole way ... very nice feeling on an otherwise doodoo day. It helped that I birdied this hole yesterday from almost the exact same line from 30 feet. :)
Temps were 28* when I teed off and only reached 40* by end of the game.
My drives were incredible (for me) for the 1st time ever due to a lot of TV practice. 270 yds and straight until #15 and I started topping/hooking like it was my goal in life.
An honest 99.
Holy crap......................I kept score for the first in 2013!!!! LOL.....................oh my
I played the easy FRONT tees.....(ok, not really that easy)...but I didn't play the tips. I played 1 set forward.....73.2CR 141slope...............it was freaking MFKN cold and windy, and I honestly played pretty good with all things considered!! It was cold and nasty....................thre wind was howling!!
A traditional par 72 course....... I had four 3-putts.........the greens are very fast even if for winter greens. My new home course greens have big slopes...so I need to learn to putt. Overall....I played OK, but the greens are a huge challenge.
I played the course well....the greens beat me to a pulp. I have a membership.......so I will defeat this course!!!!!!!!!!.....(in due time)...LOL
Third time out in 2013 but first time to complete 9 holes. Every other time the course was open and I had time I bailed after 3 holes due to too much snow and other bad conditions. Anyway it was rough but I managed 42 before calling it a day. It was also the first time I played the irons I used so there were a few WTF moments. Made a few pars, a birdie, 2 real ugly double bogies and my usual string of bogies that could have been prevented. Should have played yesterday, best weather of the year, but didn't feel right.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Tips for the (very) high handicap golfer 30 minutes ago
- › Ping i5 irons 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Intellectual Property - IP 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Paula Creamer wants a Women’s Masters at Augusta [SB Nation] 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › AimPoint Green Reading 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Ben Crane Intentionally Drives Wrong Fairway 3 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Need golf grip intervention 4 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Had Golf Lessons Now... 4 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › You/he/she is a true golfer because .... 4 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › How to truly measure driving accuracy! 4 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by meenman
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest