I had a pretty good 9 holes today. Had 44 shots.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I thought the book was well thought out. It dispels some long held myths about the golf game, but also shows you why they are myths instead of just telling you. It really takes game management...
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 552
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
The course played really long today because the temps were in the 30s and the fairways were completely saturated. Not only were the balls not flying far because of the cold, but they were plugging in the fairways...LOL....to add insult to injury.
I only played 16 holes..........73.2CR 141slope...........I skipped 2 holes to get past a couple of 4-somes and the rest of the course was pretty empty. Shockingly, my ball striking was very clean today. I hit several greens in spite of longer approaches, and made a couple putts. I was +4 through 16 holes and made 2 birdies. My game is slowly coming around...........
Played at Ridge Creek and shot a 93 from the whites, not good considering the low slope and rating. Had one of my worst days putting in my life. I think I 3 putted maybe 4 times, including one when I was about 12 feet away for birdie and ended with a bogey. I had about 7 penalty strokes for unplayables and deep fescue which they were having us play as a lateral hazard. Only hit 2 shots that felt good all day. I was never comfortable at any moment today. Oh well, I'll take the good with the bad.
On Saturday, I played the best round of golf I ever have. I played at my home course in Ninety Six, SC. Great weather and very quick greens.
I scored an 86 with 7 GIRs, 2 birdies, and 3 pars. I was GIR on 3 of the 4 par 3's, most of which are really difficult. The 3 I hit GIR were around 175 to 185 yards each, and the only one I missed was a 160 yarder. Go figure, huh?
Anyway, I hit my approaches much better than I ever have, but still struggled getting off the tee. Also, I didn't take advantage of the par 5's, triple bogeying 2 of 3 (the other being a birdie)
Looking forward to warmer days ahead, and hopefully lower scores!
Went to the TItleist new Pro V series release day at Spring Valley in Clayton South, beautiful course but not very beautiful golf. They only organized 9 holes for us and I was only 1 of 2 non-pga professionals there. Didn't make too much of an ass out of myself only really hit 3 bad shots but shot a 40.
I went out and played nine today after school, I played absolutely terrible in my eyes. I shot a 41, which doesn't sound bad at first, but I only hit 2 fairways and 2 greens. On the 3rd, a downhill 150 yard par 3 with a TINY green, I hit a pitching wedge dead at the pin, about 10 feet short, and 3 putted. Did the same thing on the other par 3. Everything for me was terrible today except distance.
Stone Canyon.......73.2CR 141Slope Course par is 72.....................I scored my 2nd round of the year: 42-39=81
Temps were 41 degrees on first tee and 51degrees on completion with a 13mph breeze. The course was wet and played like it was ten miles long!! The golf ball was not carrying and to add insult to injury.....there was no roll either.... LOL.I had some crazy long approaches into greens. I was +7 solely due to penalties from the tee. I hit my driver well, but there are some very challenging tee shots and I paid dearly with a few near misses. I hit my irons crisply so even though I didn't score as well as I hoped, I felt like I played well. I'm feeling good about my game right now....it's coming along. Today could have been a REALLY big number if I wasn't hitting the ball well.
Shot a 49/37 for an 86 yesterday. Basically where I am on avg (mid 80s). The encouraging part, I hit some of the best 5 and 6 iron shots ever. I figured out a set up that was working on the 8th hole and used it all the way through the final 9. Essentially I lowered my back shoulder more than usual at set up. I also hit some of my best PW shots because of this. Seems like every round I figure out something near the end of the front 9 and/or back 9 and wished I could go back and play 18 again, lol.
Had some trouble with the driver using my new modified overlap grip, but I expected that since I hadn't practice any shots using driver with the new grip.
Played yesterday. Same shortened course as i played Monday (5400 yrd). Hit the par 5, 17th hole (460 yd) in 2 again, expect this time i didn't 3 putt for par. Instead i holed it for a big bird. Hit the rbz 3 wood of the tee then i hit my approach shot to 4 feet, with a 3 hybrid, and holed the putt for 3. That is my first eagle of 2013. I know its not a long hole, but it still feels good!
I shot 43-36 for a 79 on a par 70 track. It could have been better (obviously). It was a windy day, that gave me problems with hitting GIR, and i couldn't scramble for the life of me. I figure out the wind enough to hit greens on the back, or it would of been 86-87 instead.
I might be teeing it up again today, so we'll see how she goes.
I played Thursday and gutted a score out of the cold mud...LOL Stone Canyon: 73.2CR 141slope. 10mph breeze and temps were in the high 30s...........the course once again felt like it was 10 miles long. I didn't hit the ball as well, but I didn't lose as many tee shots. 41-39=80 was the result. I'm hitting the ball so short right now, that he course is just brutal. I could always play shorter tees this time of year, but I can't bring myself to do it. LOL
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Are lower end golf brands finally catching up? 4 minutes ago
- › Big Break Palm Beaches Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sketchers commercials with Matt Kuchar 5 minutes ago
- › What do you think is the most important club in the bag? 8 minutes ago
- › Keeping clubs looking like new 9 minutes ago
- › Winter Depression Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Does anyone still use "old" clubs on a regular basis? 19 minutes ago
- › My Swing (danL) 22 minutes ago
- › 2015 The Honda Classic Discussion Thread 24 minutes ago
- › The Tiger Woods/PED Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by oregongolfguy
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes