I had a pretty good 9 holes today. Had 44 shots.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
Copied from forum because there was an advice to put my review on this page for other players who want to try SwingTalk. Wish it helps your...
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 552
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
The course played really long today because the temps were in the 30s and the fairways were completely saturated. Not only were the balls not flying far because of the cold, but they were plugging in the fairways...LOL....to add insult to injury.
I only played 16 holes..........73.2CR 141slope...........I skipped 2 holes to get past a couple of 4-somes and the rest of the course was pretty empty. Shockingly, my ball striking was very clean today. I hit several greens in spite of longer approaches, and made a couple putts. I was +4 through 16 holes and made 2 birdies. My game is slowly coming around...........
Played at Ridge Creek and shot a 93 from the whites, not good considering the low slope and rating. Had one of my worst days putting in my life. I think I 3 putted maybe 4 times, including one when I was about 12 feet away for birdie and ended with a bogey. I had about 7 penalty strokes for unplayables and deep fescue which they were having us play as a lateral hazard. Only hit 2 shots that felt good all day. I was never comfortable at any moment today. Oh well, I'll take the good with the bad.
On Saturday, I played the best round of golf I ever have. I played at my home course in Ninety Six, SC. Great weather and very quick greens.
I scored an 86 with 7 GIRs, 2 birdies, and 3 pars. I was GIR on 3 of the 4 par 3's, most of which are really difficult. The 3 I hit GIR were around 175 to 185 yards each, and the only one I missed was a 160 yarder. Go figure, huh?
Anyway, I hit my approaches much better than I ever have, but still struggled getting off the tee. Also, I didn't take advantage of the par 5's, triple bogeying 2 of 3 (the other being a birdie)
Looking forward to warmer days ahead, and hopefully lower scores!
Went to the TItleist new Pro V series release day at Spring Valley in Clayton South, beautiful course but not very beautiful golf. They only organized 9 holes for us and I was only 1 of 2 non-pga professionals there. Didn't make too much of an ass out of myself only really hit 3 bad shots but shot a 40.
I went out and played nine today after school, I played absolutely terrible in my eyes. I shot a 41, which doesn't sound bad at first, but I only hit 2 fairways and 2 greens. On the 3rd, a downhill 150 yard par 3 with a TINY green, I hit a pitching wedge dead at the pin, about 10 feet short, and 3 putted. Did the same thing on the other par 3. Everything for me was terrible today except distance.
Stone Canyon.......73.2CR 141Slope Course par is 72.....................I scored my 2nd round of the year: 42-39=81
Temps were 41 degrees on first tee and 51degrees on completion with a 13mph breeze. The course was wet and played like it was ten miles long!! The golf ball was not carrying and to add insult to injury.....there was no roll either.... LOL.I had some crazy long approaches into greens. I was +7 solely due to penalties from the tee. I hit my driver well, but there are some very challenging tee shots and I paid dearly with a few near misses. I hit my irons crisply so even though I didn't score as well as I hoped, I felt like I played well. I'm feeling good about my game right now....it's coming along. Today could have been a REALLY big number if I wasn't hitting the ball well.
Shot a 49/37 for an 86 yesterday. Basically where I am on avg (mid 80s). The encouraging part, I hit some of the best 5 and 6 iron shots ever. I figured out a set up that was working on the 8th hole and used it all the way through the final 9. Essentially I lowered my back shoulder more than usual at set up. I also hit some of my best PW shots because of this. Seems like every round I figure out something near the end of the front 9 and/or back 9 and wished I could go back and play 18 again, lol.
Had some trouble with the driver using my new modified overlap grip, but I expected that since I hadn't practice any shots using driver with the new grip.
Played yesterday. Same shortened course as i played Monday (5400 yrd). Hit the par 5, 17th hole (460 yd) in 2 again, expect this time i didn't 3 putt for par. Instead i holed it for a big bird. Hit the rbz 3 wood of the tee then i hit my approach shot to 4 feet, with a 3 hybrid, and holed the putt for 3. That is my first eagle of 2013. I know its not a long hole, but it still feels good!
I shot 43-36 for a 79 on a par 70 track. It could have been better (obviously). It was a windy day, that gave me problems with hitting GIR, and i couldn't scramble for the life of me. I figure out the wind enough to hit greens on the back, or it would of been 86-87 instead.
I might be teeing it up again today, so we'll see how she goes.
I played Thursday and gutted a score out of the cold mud...LOL Stone Canyon: 73.2CR 141slope. 10mph breeze and temps were in the high 30s...........the course once again felt like it was 10 miles long. I didn't hit the ball as well, but I didn't lose as many tee shots. 41-39=80 was the result. I'm hitting the ball so short right now, that he course is just brutal. I could always play shorter tees this time of year, but I can't bring myself to do it. LOL
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Pure grips...slippery? 1 minute ago
- › Lost Ball Rule is Stupid 2 minutes ago
- › My Swing (TBennettGolf) 4 minutes ago
- › First Hole in One 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits Discussion Thread 15 minutes ago
- › What Do You Do for a Living? 24 minutes ago
- › Jack or Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer? 30 minutes ago
- › Why am I hitting TaylorMade Aeroburner much farther? 30 minutes ago
- › Pulling 3-hybrid (hitting left), I hit my 3-wood straight, Time for... 35 minutes ago
- › My Swing (AbsoluteTruths) 38 minutes ago
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes