or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread - Page 2

post #19 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by catfell View Post
Just playing devil's advocate here, but a putter that you feel confident will aid in scoring more than a driver you feel confident in.

So maybe we should be spending more on putters than drivers?
.
Well, its hard to put when you're OB and still 200 yards out isn't it?
post #20 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by Cody View Post
Well, its hard to put when you're OB and still 200 yards out isn't it?
And it's hard to drive the ball when you know you'll four putt. It can work both ways. People say "drive for show, putt for dough." I honestly believe it's "drive for dough, putt for dough."
post #21 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by bogeyhitter25 View Post
If you have $200 or more to spend on a Scotty Cameron, I'd say do it. They're remarkable clubs. But other good names are Guerrin Rife, and Yes! putters that are a little less than SCs but are still great clubs.
I have had all of the above. I like Yes the most.
post #22 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by catfell View Post
Well, if you divide the price of a club by the number of strokes you take with it, your putter will be amortized far more quickly than any other club in your bag.
Yeah but there is a bigger difference between a 100 dollar and 300 dollar drivers than there is btw a 100 and 300 dollar putter. For ~100 you could git something with the exact same shape (i.e. a ping anser) just a different name. For a 100 dollar driver you'd end up with a pos noname like ram instead of whatever $300 OEM you want.
post #23 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Well I went to the course today to demo putters and I tried ping;oddessy,and three different scottys. Scottys won hands down they didnt even compare I thought I could control the speed with the scottys so well and thats most of putting right. Scotty carmon Here we come.
post #24 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by mochila View Post
Yeah but there is a bigger difference between a 100 dollar and 300 dollar drivers than there is btw a 100 and 300 dollar putter. For ~100 you could git something with the exact same shape (i.e. a ping anser) just a different name. For a 100 dollar driver you'd end up with a pos noname like ram instead of whatever $300 OEM you want.
its not just head shape

ping answer vs. a scotty newport

balance, weight, feel off the face... scotty wins hands down
post #25 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by DDBowdoin View Post
its not just head shape

ping answer vs. a scotty newport

balance, weight, feel off the face... scotty wins hands down
First of all...

I heard that the Ping Anser G5i had the same 'patent' design as the Scotty Cameron? Any truth to that? One of the model's look similar...

Second of all, 'Scotty wins hands down...' I have a putter I picked up for 30 dollars (new), and I am putting great with it. Honestly, it's whatever you feel confident and can make a smooth, and confident stroke with...Just because it's a Scotty Cameron doesn't mean I'm going to putt better with - that's what people don't seem to understand. I've had 29 and 30 putts my last two rounds with my Tour Edge 30 dollar putter - do you think I'd get any lower with a Scotty Cameron? Probably not. The biggest thing you gain with a Scotty isn't just the design, the nice look, feel, etc. its the confidence knowing you have the most expensive piece of equipment out there...which in turn helps your putting.
post #26 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Having the most expensive putter doesn't necessarily help with putting, it actually puts more pressure on you to show that this isn't just an extravagance. When I used my Scotty my friend said, "it's a great putter . . . probably too good!" He was right. Now I use the TM Monza Spider and I feel its a far better putter for me.
post #27 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

I'd feel like a moron three putting with a scotty
post #28 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by nico002 View Post
I'd feel like a moron three putting with a scotty
LOL! Exactly!
post #29 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

i dont see why people think it is such a big deal to drop 300 dollars on a putter.

You use a putter on every single hole that you play. There is no other club in your bag that you can say that about. If you can drop 400+ on a driver then why cant you drop 300 on a putter?

yes, it is true that you can buy a less expensive putter and put well with it. Before i got my scotty i had a ping g5i b60 putter i got for $114. And that is fine, it was a lower priced putter and it worked great. But i still dont see why some people look down on paying 300 for a putter.

i mean you can pay 100 dollars for a driver and hit it just as well as you hit a 400 dollar driver, so i dont see why its any different for a putter :/



Anyway, I love my scotty. And i think that it was definatly worth it.
post #30 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by nico002 View Post
I'd feel like a moron three putting with a scotty
Originally Posted by RX Phoenix View Post
LOL! Exactly!

Id feel like a moron three putting with any putter...
post #31 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by BeaSt View Post
Id feel like a moron three putting with any putter...

Here's the thing: With a Scotty 3 putt, you can't blame the putter, it's got to be just a crappy Indian doing the putting!

With a (for example) Spider 3 putt, everyone looks at the putter and says, "I don't know why you don't 3 putt every time with that thing."

the Scotty carries such high expectations, people expect you to be a great putter if you have a Scotty. And a 3 putt seems disgraceful. With the other example, you can shrug off a 3 putt, and then feel like you are exceeding expectations when you putt well.
post #32 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Look at it this way, theres a lot of pros who play Scotty Cameron putters who arent sponsored by SC.
If the Cameron wasnt any better, dont think think theyd play the putter that the company who sponsors them makes, instead of paying for a Cameron with their own money?
IMO, a Cameron is well-worth the money, but to each their own.
post #33 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by FlopShotArtist View Post
Both. Most of the time, if you have a Scotty Cameron, you'll feel more confident. The more confident you feel, the more putts you'll make.
I agree. If you feel like you have a putter that will put it in the hole, go with the putter. To me, they feel extremely pure and roll the ball just as well as the taylormade AGSI+ insert. It never comes off too hot, and that makes fast greens alot easier. And just the name will put confidence in your head, and that will lead to a more pure stroke.
post #34 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by RX Phoenix View Post
Here's the thing: With a Scotty 3 putt, you can't blame the putter, it's got to be just a crappy Indian doing the putting!

With a (for example) Spider 3 putt, everyone looks at the putter and says, "I don't know why you don't 3 putt every time with that thing."

the Scotty carries such high expectations, people expect you to be a great putter if you have a Scotty. And a 3 putt seems disgraceful. With the other example, you can shrug off a 3 putt, and then feel like you are exceeding expectations when you putt well.
Thats ridiculous

People who blame the putter are just making excuses... that shouldnt be a reason not to buy a scotty cameron...

For any avid golfer, a 3 put should be disgraceful weather you are using a scotty cameron or you are using an old ray cook putter. I have used both cheap and expensive putters.. and i didn't shrug off a 3 putt with either.


lol.. even putters get stereotyped
post #35 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by BeaSt View Post
Thats ridiculous

People who blame the putter are just making excuses... that shouldnt be a reason not to buy a scotty cameron...

For any avid golfer, a 3 put should be disgraceful weather you are using a scotty cameron or you are using an old ray cook putter. I have used both cheap and expensive putters.. and i didn't shrug off a 3 putt with either.


lol.. even putters get stereotyped
Just keep in mind that golf can be a somewhat 'ridiculous' game.
How one keeps a mental edge is very important. If a Scotty does that for you great, I've found it does the opposite, and I'm talking about subtle feelings of confidence and how to manage them. For me, Cameron=too much pressure to justify the club being in the bag.

When I used the Cameron the other players were always watching to see if I would putt fantastic, in their minds this putter was supposed to be so great that how could anyone use it and not putt fantastic. I never could live up to the expectations of others for this putter.
post #36 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by TitleistWI View Post
Look at it this way, theres a lot of pros who play Scotty Cameron putters who arent sponsored by SC.
If the Cameron wasnt any better, dont think think theyd play the putter that the company who sponsors them makes, instead of paying for a Cameron with their own money?
IMO, a Cameron is well-worth the money, but to each their own.
Do you honestly think that even the most expensive scotty cameron putter puts the slightest dent in a tour pro's cash at all?

Scotty Cameron makes good putters but Odyssey makes good putters as well and alot of pro's use odyssey as well.

I know mickelson and mediate both use them, and so did anika.

Also i never felt ANYTHING special from a scotty cameron, infact, i didn't like it. I tried it striaght up vs multiple odysseys and pings. I was ready to drop the money after all the hype. Just didn't like it odyssey felt way better and ping didnt have any mallets that i liked.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread