or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread - Page 4

post #55 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

well put shotstop... honestly, the worst ball I can play is an NXT quality ball (not necc. an nxt but a ball in the category)

every now and then I'll find a ball and just play it when I'm squeezing in holes before it gets dark and I just cant stop them... also the clicky feel off the putter faces really, really bothers me
post #56 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by coltonwill View Post
Even if they don't putt better than an Odyssey to justify the cost difference, you'll still be the envy of most people that you play with. Especially if you get a limited edition Napa valley or something ;)
My point EXACTLY
post #57 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by shotstop_10 View Post
well lets just say that I bought my scotty cameron for right around $150 did blow my money I dont think so. I dont think it matters is you send $1 or $1000 on a putter if you like it and it feels good to you then get it. If Pro-V arent worth it try hitting a Top Flite and then a Pro-V and see which one stops and spins back I know Top Flite arent going to do that like Pro-V's.
Well the Scotty putters I am referring to are the $300+ ones. And there are mid-range cost golf balls too ya know? It's funny watching you people get offended from MY OPINION.
post #58 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by DDBowdoin View Post
well put shotstop... honestly, the worst ball I can play is an NXT quality ball (not necc. an nxt but a ball in the category)

every now and then I'll find a ball and just play it when I'm squeezing in holes before it gets dark and I just cant stop them... also the clicky feel off the putter faces really, really bothers me
The clicky feel off the face? You think the sound or feel the ball makes at contact actually affects what your ball does? Impact is so instantaneous. Everything that sets up for impact determines what your ball does.
post #59 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by YogiTKE View Post
The clicky feel off the face? You think the sound or feel the ball makes at contact actually affects what your ball does? Impact is so instantaneous. Everything that sets up for impact determines what your ball does.
it affects the feel of my putter face... which affects my confidence standing over the ball

you can FEEL the difference between a 3 piece ball and a harder ball
post #60 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by DDBowdoin View Post
it affects the feel of my putter face... which affects my confidence standing over the ball

you can FEEL the difference between a 3 piece ball and a harder ball
So I can give you a 3 piece and a 2 piece ball, both unmarked, and you can tell me which one is which?
post #61 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

give me a Prov1 and an NXT and yes I am 100% positive I can tell the difference any day of the week
post #62 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by DDBowdoin View Post
give me a Prov1 and an NXT and yes I am 100% positive I can tell the difference any day of the week
Ok.
Coca-Cola/Pepsi test needed.
post #63 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by DDBowdoin View Post
give me a Prov1 and an NXT and yes I am 100% positive I can tell the difference any day of the week

Two things. First off, you can tell the difference strictly by looking at them. 2nd thing. I believe NXT Tours are 3 piece balls as well.
post #64 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by YogiTKE View Post
So I can give you a 3 piece and a 2 piece ball, both unmarked, and you can tell me which one is which?

And just about anyone of any skill level should be able to tell the difference on an approach shot between a 2 piece and a 3 piece ball. Im starting to question your 10 handicap, if you cannot tell the difference in spin.
post #65 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by joshtpa View Post
And just about anyone of any skill level should be able to tell the difference on an approach shot between a 2 piece and a 3 piece ball. Im starting to question your 10 handicap, if you cannot tell the difference in spin.
Of course you can tell the difference AFTER striking the ball. My point is that if it's not marked or dimpled differently, you couldn't tell the difference.
post #66 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Let's get back on topic here...
post #67 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by YogiTKE View Post
Let's get back on topic here...
That's ironic. And to put a cap on that side discussion, Yogi, feel is an incredible factor in putting. It's very easy to tell the difference between an NXT Tour and a Pro V1. And yeah, it can affect the putt. Some putters with softer inserts are tougher on long putts because you've gotta hit them so much harder, for example - that's a "feel" thing that affects putting performance.

Yogi, why are you acting as if you're personally offended that some people like to use a Scotty Cameron? I have my own reasons for playing them. Part of it is the artistic stuff, the craftsmanship, etc.

I don't buy a new putter every few days or even weeks or months. And I can't stand most of the insert putters. I can put just fine with just about anything, but I like to LOOK at a Scotty Cameron putter more than just about anything else.

So who are you to decide for me - or seemingly get offended - at what putter I choose to play?

FWIW (to all), the easy answer to this question, and in fact the ONLY answer to the question "Are Scotty Cameron Putters worth the price?" is "That's up to the guy who's looking to buy a putter."

That's it. It's awfully rude to tell someone else whether you think it's worth THEIR money. It's one thing to believe (and say) that you don't think it's worth it for you, but don't put your value judgments on others.

Threads like this are pretty pointless in light of that. If it's worth it to you, buy it. If it's not, don't. Does it matter if anyone else agrees with your decision? Not a bit.
post #68 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by YogiTKE View Post
Of course you can tell the difference AFTER striking the ball. My point is that if it's not marked or dimpled differently, you couldn't tell the difference.

Are you freaking kidding me??? That was not your point. Your whole point of this thread (your argument anyway) was that "you cannot tell the difference between SC putters and others, from the way they feel". Now you are going to say you were talking about the looks? Just like you were talking about the looks of Pro V1s and not how they play? Your words were "nobody under a 5 should play PV1". Not nobody under a 5 could tell the difference without hitting them. Now I definately am doubting your 10.
post #69 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by iacas View Post
That's ironic. And to put a cap on that side discussion, Yogi, feel is an incredible factor in putting. It's very easy to tell the difference between an NXT Tour and a Pro V1. And yeah, it can affect the putt. Some putters with softer inserts are tougher on long putts because you've gotta hit them so much harder, for example - that's a "feel" thing that affects putting performance.

Yogi, why are you acting as if you're personally offended that some people like to use a Scotty Cameron? I have my own reasons for playing them. Part of it is the artistic stuff, the craftsmanship, etc.

I don't buy a new putter every few days or even weeks or months. And I can't stand most of the insert putters. I can put just fine with just about anything, but I like to LOOK at a Scotty Cameron putter more than just about anything else.

So who are you to decide for me - or seemingly get offended - at what putter I choose to play?

FWIW (to all), the easy answer to this question, and in fact the ONLY answer to the question "Are Scotty Cameron Putters worth the price?" is "That's up to the guy who's looking to buy a putter."

That's it. It's awfully rude to tell someone else whether you think it's worth THEIR money. It's one thing to believe (and say) that you don't think it's worth it for you, but don't put your value judgments on others.

Threads like this are pretty pointless in light of that. If it's worth it to you, buy it. If it's not, don't. Does it matter if anyone else agrees with your decision? Not a bit.
I agree. I stated before I don't care what you do with your money. I was sharing why I don't feel it's worth it. It really is based on what's affordable to someone.
post #70 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by joshtpa View Post
Are you freaking kidding me??? That was not your point. Your whole point of this thread (your argument anyway) was that "you cannot tell the difference between SC putters and others, from the way they feel". Now you are going to say you were talking about the looks? Just like you were talking about the looks of Pro V1s and not how they play? Your words were "nobody under a 5 should play PV1". Not nobody under a 5 could tell the difference without hitting them. Now I definately am doubting your 10.
You're an idiot and rude. Done talking to you. You obviously are here to argue and fight about something that I was sharing my feelings on. It's funny I received comments from members who shared my opinion but wouldn't say so publicly.
post #71 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Im an idiot huh? THank you young man. I will have to check my intelligence again next time. Not here to argue, more to have intelligent conversations about golf. You sir were arguing something that is just not true. Your "facts" were immediately disputed and you got defensive and starting making stuff up.
post #72 of 586

Re: Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Originally Posted by YogiTKE View Post
So I can give you a 3 piece and a 2 piece ball, both unmarked, and you can tell me which one is which?
Are you serious????? You mean to tell me that you cannot tell the difference between something like a ProV and a TopFlite on the putting green? There is absolutely no comparison. This thread is becoming littered with your ignorance........
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread