or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Average Distances... How far do you hit each club? and don't lie...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Average Distances... How far do you hit each club? and don't lie... - Page 61

post #1081 of 1495

yes i think i will have to use and x stiff driver and a lower loft because my spin rate is high etc on Thursday im going to a demo day and i am going to use and x stiff driver, my pro recommended that i book a club fitting but there wasn't any spaces.

 

I dont know how fast my swing speed the only club i have some numbers is on my 3 wood:

20130817_102701_resized_1.jpg

the red ones are from my callaway x-hot fairway and the blue are various different ones and they were going into a water hazard on the left side of the course on the sim.

 

I dont know how fast my ss is but 120 is really fast and my slow and controlled tempo swing makes my 7 iron go that far! im very surprised that changing a grip could make such a difference to my game!

post #1082 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1998bunker View Post

I'm 14, 5'2" no idea how I get my power

62*-75
56*-105
52*-115
47*-130
Pw-140
9- 150
8-160
7-170
6- 180
5- 190
4-200
4h-215
3w-230(4inches short for accuracy...gonna change)
Driver-280(not consistent)

What degree is your PW?

Also, what clubs do you use? Shouldn't need to have a 47 degree and a PW as they should roughly be the same loft
post #1083 of 1495

I posted this in another thread but it bears repeating here:

 

post #1084 of 1495

That's exactly what my 6/7 iron swing speed is according to Golf Galaxy! 

 

Erik, why aren't I a pro yet?! b2_tongue.gif

post #1085 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

Erik, why aren't I a pro yet?! b2_tongue.gif

 

Uhm… Declare yourself to be one, and you will be one. That part is easy. a3_biggrin.gif

post #1086 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizunoPez View Post


What degree is your PW?

Also, what clubs do you use? Shouldn't need to have a 47 degree and a PW as they should roughly be the same loft


Well when i posted that I hadent gotten my wedges bent to those degrees yet but my pw is 45- and i had my 52 bent to 49 because it has a soft tip and goes very high- my pw is a big cavity back so i get a much bigger smash factor..my 49 is a blade like a standard wedge so does go as far if i miss hit it

post #1087 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

I posted this in another thread but it bears repeating here:

 


what i dont understand is that at the top of the page they get more distance than me but but at the bottom i hit it farther? I know it cant be they swing softer as they get lower because i do and i get the same distnce

post #1088 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1998bunker View Post


what i dont understand is that at the top of the page they get more distance than me but but at the bottom i hit it farther? I know it cant be they swing softer as they get lower because i do and i get the same distnce


ok i take that back- only the wedge and 9 i am longer 8 i am same and from there they get like 2 more yards a club accumulating. Dont understand that should they hit there shorter clubs much farther?

post #1089 of 1495

ive been going it to the range a lot lately.

 

My pro suggested i hit the range everyday for 2 weeks and hit at least 100 balls a day, following this advice everything is going really well especially now im used to the new grip

 

I hit my mid and high irons the same distances and new replicate certain shots at certain distances for instance at the range today my 8,9 iron were going past the 170 yard marker, yet when it comes to a 6 iron i can barely seem to get to roll past 180/190 given my recent boost in confidence and distance which all stem from the altered grip. 

post #1090 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1998bunker View Post


what i dont understand is that at the top of the page they get more distance than me but but at the bottom i hit it farther? I know it cant be they swing softer as they get lower because i do and i get the same distnce
Probably because they swing at about 70-75% to gain accuracy with their scoring clubs.
post #1091 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post


Probably because they swing at about 70-75% to gain accuracy with their scoring clubs.


i know but i do too and it goes just as far

post #1092 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1998bunker View Post


i know but i do too and it goes just as far

Amazing how in 4 weeks you have have got all of this down.

Not to mention your confidence in thinking that you hit it farther than the  the PGA Tour average with some clubs.

Rather than realising you're wrong, or seriously delofting, you affect a wide-eyed wonderment in looking for an explanation.

 

Still waiting for details about these "tournaments" and "tourneys" you have been in in your month long return to the game.

post #1093 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

Amazing how in 4 weeks you have have got all of this down.
Not to mention your confidence in thinking that you hit it farther than the  the PGA Tour average with some clubs.
Rather than realising you're wrong, or seriously delofting, you affect a wide-eyed wonderment in looking for an explanation.

Still waiting for details about these "tournaments" and "tourneys" you have been in in your month long return to the game.
Right or wrong, you have to admit that he has a pretty good looking pose at the top. (assuming his avatar is him) a1_smile.gif
post #1094 of 1495

Maybe he has stronger lofted irons?

 

Or I keep going back to the other answer, that they don't hit it as far as they think they do.  220 yard 7 irons (190 carry?) are pretty other worldly.

post #1095 of 1495
W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

Amazing how in 4 weeks you have have got all of this down.
Not to mention your confidence in thinking that you hit it farther than the  the PGA Tour average with some clubs.
Rather than realising you're wrong, or seriously delofting, you affect a wide-eyed wonderment in looking for an explanation.

Still waiting for details about these "tournaments" and "tourneys" you have been in in your month long return to the game.
well lets see, back when I was a 7 hdcp I played In a tourney I would have won had it not been for an 8 on 17, I played in one i would have won bad it not been an 8-8 finish(about to be a storm, on the beach, my low point before swing changes, then I began working on my swing and a week later won, now 2 weeks later I'm just about done with my swing changes and my short game improved a Ton so I suspect I'm a 0-3 hdcp
post #1096 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

Right or wrong, you have to admit that he has a pretty good looking pose at the top. (assuming his avatar is him) a1_smile.gif
That was the biginning of the swing changes I fixed the shut club face and other things
post #1097 of 1495

Shorty - I think you are confusing nick1998 with our good friend Kelzzy, the gangsta wannabe from California. Although there are lots of similarities. Both are 14, both hit it further than most PGA Tour players, and both have a very high opinion of their golfing prowess.  I'd like to see a match between the two.....

post #1098 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post

Shorty - I think you are confusing nick1998 with our good friend Kelzzy, the gangsta wannabe from California. Although there are lots of similarities. Both are 14, both hit it further than most PGA Tour players, and both have a very high opinion of their golfing prowess.  I'd like to see a match between the two.....
Unless they make nationals, it would be tough for them. One is in NorCal and one in SC.

Who knows, it might happen. They both seem strong, and confident.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Average Distances... How far do you hit each club? and don't lie...