or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Average Distances... How far do you hit each club? and don't lie...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Average Distances... How far do you hit each club? and don't lie... - Page 86

post #1531 of 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealR View Post
 

ok...how do I insert a video?

The pic (avatar) is from a video my pro took (7 iron).

thx

 

You emailed it, btw, and I replied to tell you that you can't email videos.

 

I can also tell you that in no way is that video "proof" of anything… It's just your downswing. And it's not even a very good downswing, to be honest (see the spoiler tags). But please post it to YouTube as I mentioned, because… it should be quite entertaining. In no way do you hit your 7-iron 250 yards under anything approaching normal conditions. I'd wager you typically fail to break even a much lower number.

 

Sneak Peek (Click to show)

 

 

 

I hope you stick around, if you're able to deal with the blows that are almost certainly coming your way. And this assumes I've read everything properly: that you claim you hit your 7-iron 250+ yards high on that list.

post #1532 of 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

You emailed it, btw, and I replied to tell you that you can't email videos.

 

I can also tell you that in no way is that video "proof" of anything… It's just your downswing. And it's not even a very good downswing, to be honest (see the spoiler tags). But please post it to YouTube as I mentioned, because… it should be quite entertaining. In no way do you hit your 7-iron 250 yards under anything approaching normal conditions. I'd wager you typically fail to break even a much lower number.

 

Sneak Peek (Click to show)

 

 

 

I hope you stick around, if you're able to deal with the blows that are almost certainly coming your way. And this assumes I've read everything properly: that you claim you hit your 7-iron 250+ yards high on that list.

 

Oh wow, it doesn't even look like he transfers any weight until after he hits the ball. 250+ with a 7 iron using only arm strength. Doesn't add up. 

post #1533 of 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

You emailed it, btw, and I replied to tell you that you can't email videos.

 

I can also tell you that in no way is that video "proof" of anything… It's just your downswing. And it's not even a very good downswing, to be honest (see the spoiler tags). But please post it to YouTube as I mentioned, because… it should be quite entertaining. In no way do you hit your 7-iron 250 yards under anything approaching normal conditions. I'd wager you typically fail to break even a much lower number.

 

BTW, I have met D1 college seniors who do hit their 7i over "180 yards". IDK how far it actually goes, because I lose sight of the ball because of the distance and the height it goes.

post #1534 of 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post
 

 

Oh wow, it doesn't even look like he transfers any weight until after he hits the ball. 250+ with a 7 iron using only arm strength. Doesn't add up.

 

Flippy, flat turn, little rotation, poor weight transfer.   Sadly it looks a lot like my 7-iron.....  :8)

 

.....the one that I consider 157 to be the stock number.

post #1535 of 1918

 

 

Side note:

..48 yrs old

..235 lbs (105kg)

..30 years in gymns (power more than body building..max bench was 185kg..one rep tho)..though very little in last 7 years.

..20 years martial arts (Taekwondo and kick boxing).

..provincial (State I guess for USA) swimming.

 

Seems some people are calling me a liar...and that is most def. not the case. not even a single meter of exaggeration.

 

Agree a bit flippy..arm strength etc..this vid was a month  (Nov 14th 2013) after getting back into golf after some 30 years away from it. But with a lot of tuition it is improving.

 

Also..took national seniors long drive 3 weeks ago. 307.8m into the wind on boggy fairway without LD club..just normal Titleist 910.

:)

post #1536 of 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealR View Post
 

https://vimeo.com/93380400

 

 

Side note:

..48 yrs old

..235 lbs (105kg)

..30 years in gymns (power more than body building..max bench was 185kg..one rep tho)..though very little in last 7 years.

..20 years martial arts (Taekwondo and kick boxing).

..provincial (State I guess for USA) swimming.

 

Seems some people are calling me a liar...and that is most def. not the case.

 


You can still see the blur of the ball just after impact. The blur indicates that the camera is not a high speed type, and the fact that you can see it means the ball is most likely not going ~150mph. Plus your driver SS would need to be going 144mph to hit a 7i 220 much less 250.

 

Pretty much faster than any pro.

 

I'm not going to call you a liar because you probably do hit the ball far, just not as far as you think.


Edited by Lihu - 4/30/14 at 11:52am
post #1537 of 1918

You're going to have a post a better video than that... 

post #1538 of 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealR View Post

https://vimeo.com/93380400


Side note:
..48 yrs old
..235 lbs (105kg)
..30 years in gymns (power more than body building..max bench was 185kg..one rep tho)..though very little in last 7 years.
..20 years martial arts (Taekwondo and kick boxing).
..provincial (State I guess for USA) swimming.

Seems some people are calling me a liar...and that is most def. not the case. not even a single meter of exaggeration.

Agree a bit flippy..arm strength etc..this vid was a month  (Nov 14th 2013) after getting back into golf after some 30 years away from it. But with a lot of tuition it is improving.

Also..took national seniors long drive 3 weeks ago. 307.8m into the wind on boggy fairway without LD club..just normal Titleist 910.
:)

Your hands are almost BEHIND the ball at impact! So, you are claiming to hit your 7 iron 250+ yds with a pronounced casing motion? Funny...
post #1539 of 1918
April Fools was almost a month ago pal.-You arent gon' fool anyone here with that.
Show us a TrackMAN readout or something.

I think you might be confusing the nubmers 2 and 1.

2 is the bigger number and looks like this: 2-1 is the smaller number and looks like this: 1

140m Id believe.
post #1540 of 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealR View Post
 

Seems some people are calling me a liar...

We don't think you are a liar, just very, very mistaken.

post #1541 of 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

We don't think you are a liar, just very, very mistaken.

 

:-$

post #1542 of 1918

Well..range finder says I am accurate.

Those swing machines at GolfersWorld say same.

Just posted what is. No more no less.

 

and 307.8m Is recorded at  Quantum Long Driving.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quantum-Driving/250085767884

 

the younger guys with LD clubs get a lot more.  Getting mine next wed...should add 33yds flight and 10yds roll. It is fun. and can bring the family..picnic..no walking etc.

post #1543 of 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealR View Post

Well..range finder says I am accurate.
Those swing machines at GolfersWorld say same.
Just posted what is. No more no less.

and 307.8m Is recorded at  Quantum Long Driving.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quantum-Driving/250085767884

the younger guys with LD clubs get a lot more.  Getting mine next wed...should add 33yds flight and 10yds roll. It is fun. and can bring the family..picnic..no walking etc.

Okay, I could be wrong. . . The probability of catching the ball in that frame is pretty remote at 150mph and only 30fps.
post #1544 of 1918

better ..more complete than the cropped one prev. submitted.

 

post #1545 of 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealR View Post
 

Well..range finder says I am accurate.

Those swing machines at GolfersWorld say same.

Just posted what is. No more no less.

 

and 307.8m Is recorded at  Quantum Long Driving.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quantum-Driving/250085767884

 

the younger guys with LD clubs get a lot more.  Getting mine next wed...should add 33yds flight and 10yds roll. It is fun. and can bring the family..picnic..no walking etc.

I'm not going to call you a liar, because there are people that can hit the ball far.  My only question is what is your averages, not your best.  All your listing is your best drives.  Also, are these distances your talking about on the course in the fairway drives or on a range where direction doesn't matter?  Most world long distance drive champs won't hit a fairway very often swinging at those speeds.

post #1546 of 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 

 

BTW, I have met D1 college seniors who do hit their 7i over "180 yards". IDK how far it actually goes, because I lose sight of the ball because of the distance and the height it goes.


I know one guy that might be able to hit a 7 iron over 225 yards (or in that neighborhood) but he really de-lofts his clubs. His trajectory on a 7 iron is about like mine on a 3 iron.

 

I'm not sure how far he could hit a 7 iron if he really wanted to see how far he could hit it, but if I had to bet an over/under for 225 yards I would bet over.

 

I was in a tournament one time that had a "long drive" hole (straight away 500 yards) and I hit a pretty good one so when I got to my ball I looked around for the sign to see if I had any chance. Finally I saw the sign waaaay down the fairway and inside of the 100 yard marker.

 

As soon as I saw the sign I knew who had hit it. (Damn!)

 

Edit: BTW when he hits the ball his mechanics look nothing like @NealR's.

post #1547 of 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealR View Post

better ..more complete than the cropped one prev. submitted.

https://vimeo.com/93384397
Does not look even close to a 250 yard 7 iron swing.
post #1548 of 1918

It was shot with a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone.

Those who disbelieve..well they have that right..they don't know me, never played with me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Average Distances... How far do you hit each club? and don't lie...