Re: Your 2009 Personal (Golf) Goals1. Implement a training regime, which is:
Monday: short game work 1.5 hrs - work on 50 yards and in
Tuesday: lesson or indoor simulator, minimum 1 hr work on approach shots, 51-150 yds
Wednesday: Short game work 1.5 hrs focus on putting
Thursday: if I took a lesson tuesday, indoor simulator for minimum 1 hr. If I didn't take a lesson, either lesson or simulator, work on driving and long shots
Friday: Relax, hit into net
Saturday: Driving Range, sand play, putting, then 9/18 holes
Sunday: If I didnt play saturday, play today
Also: Alternate every other day between Isometric training (Monday Wednesday Friday Sunday) and Bench Presses (Tuesday Thursday Saturday)
2. Get 80% of shots from 50-150 yards within 20 feet of pin - losing a lot of strokes here. everything not within 20 feet should still be on green or JUST off.
3. 80% of shots within 50 yards within 10 feet of pin. This should save LOTS of strokes.
4. Putting - from 20 ft, 2/5 in hole and the rest within 3 feet, from 10 feet 3/5 in hole, rest within 3 ft, from 5 feet everything in hole.
5. Tournaments - break 90 to qualify for WJGA tournaments in June.
6. Make the JV team as a freshman
7. Hdcp - Get down below a 15 hdcp
8. Distance - incrase all clubs by minimun 20 yds - 5 iron 170, driver 215ish, etc.
wow that's a lot...