or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Announcements & Tech Support › "Established Member" Usergroup
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Established Member" Usergroup - Page 2

post #19 of 101

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Originally Posted by iacas View Post
You have 10. You don't have 0. So no, you're wrong, and my statement about starting with 10 is correct.
Where in the control panel can I keep track of my reputation level?
post #20 of 101
Thread Starter 

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Originally Posted by alockrem View Post
Where in the control panel can I keep track of my reputation level?
Very bottom, the reputation area. Mine says (to the right) "134 point(s) total". The reputation comments are below it.
post #21 of 101

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Where do I go to edit my signature?
post #22 of 101

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Originally Posted by BeGoodJohnny View Post
Where do I go to edit my signature?
"USER CP" on the top left corner.
post #23 of 101

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

What is the difference between Rep Power and Reutation Level?
post #24 of 101
Thread Starter 

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Originally Posted by Jeepthrills View Post
What is the difference between Rep Power and Reutation Level?
I think that's been answered already. But here's a short version:

Rep Power - a measure of your ability to affect the reputation level of others.

Reputation Level - a measure of how good your reputation is.
post #25 of 101

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Sorry, I haven't used a forum much before and I just can't figure out where to find my reputation status. I clicked on User CP in the top left corner and have looked all around for my reputation status. I can't find it anywhere.

Where exactly should I be looking?
post #26 of 101
Thread Starter 

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Originally Posted by wengerlaw View Post
Sorry, I haven't used a forum much before and I just can't figure out where to find my reputation status. I clicked on User CP in the top left corner and have looked all around for my reputation status. I can't find it anywhere.

Where exactly should I be looking?
This too has already been answered.

If you visit this page, http://thesandtrap.com/forum/usercp.php , it will tell you how many reputation points you have. Your reputation power is displayed on each of your posts (yours is 1 currently).

That means you could affect my reputation by a total of one point, good or bad. Everyone starts with 10 reputation points.
post #27 of 101

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Originally Posted by iacas View Post
If you visit this page, http://thesandtrap.com/forum/usercp.php , it will tell you how many reputation points you have.

I have been to this page and there is nothing there about reputation points. It has a listing of recent threads I have subscribed to and a table of various options and settings on the left side. I have been through all of these options and don't see anything about reputation.
post #28 of 101
Thread Starter 

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Originally Posted by wengerlaw View Post
I have been to this page and there is nothing there about reputation points. It has a listing of recent threads I have subscribed to and a table of various options and settings on the left side. I have been through all of these options and don't see anything about reputation.
Yes, there is.
LL
post #29 of 101

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Originally Posted by iacas View Post
Yes, there is.
I haven't been able to find the reputation section either. Maybe it's just easy to overlook; either way, here's a screen cap of what my user cp looks like:
LL
post #30 of 101

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

My screen looks the same as jeffr92. Maybe we have the screen view set up wrong?
post #31 of 101
Thread Starter 

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Originally Posted by wengerlaw View Post
My screen looks the same as jeffr92. Maybe we have the screen view set up wrong?
OK, so you don't see it because you've not received any reputation comments yet, in which case your rep total can't be under 10 because the only way it could drop would be to receive negative reputation (comments).

Let's move on now.
post #32 of 101

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Ok here is how it works.....you will not see a reputation section in the user CP if you have not had anyone provide feedback(points) on your reputation (positive or negative). Once you have a person give you a reputation point that panel will display in your user CP.

This explains why jeffr92 can not see the panel in his user CP...because he hasn't received any points - positive or negative.

Erik sees it because he has tonnes of positive reputation points and again it is different than the rep power located with your avatar each time you post.

I just received a positive point and can now see the panel in my User CP

Hope this helps clear things up.
post #33 of 101

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Originally Posted by putterboy View Post
Ok here is how it works.....you will not see a reputation section in the user CP if you have not had anyone provide feedback(points) on your reputation (positive or negative). Once you have a person give you a reputation point that panel will display in your user CP.

This explains why jeffr92 can not see the panel in his user CP...because he hasn't received any points - positive or negative.

Erik sees it because he has tonnes of positive reputation points and again it is different than the rep power located with your avatar each time you post.

I just received a positive point and can now see the panel in my User CP

Hope this helps clear things up.
That's weird.. I have 0 reputation points, and I can view my User CP?
post #34 of 101
Thread Starter 

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Originally Posted by trutrojan8 View Post
That's weird.. I have 0 reputation points, and I can view my User CP?
Again, you have 10 reputation points. You have 0 reputation power. They're different.

And of course you can see your user control panel. What you can't see is one of the PANELS in your user control panel that displays reputation comments.
post #35 of 101

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Originally Posted by iacas View Post
Again, you have 10 reputation points. You have 0 reputation power. They're different.

And of course you can see your user control panel. What you can't see is one of the PANELS in your user control panel that displays reputation comments.

what is the difference between points and power?
post #36 of 101
Thread Starter 

Re: "Established Member" Usergroup

Originally Posted by Dent View Post
what is the difference between points and power?
Scroll up a little or something.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Announcements & Tech Support
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Announcements & Tech Support › "Established Member" Usergroup