or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Jack or Tiger: Who's the greatest
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jack or Tiger: Who's the greatest - Page 236

Poll Results: Tiger or Jack: Who's the best?

 
  • 70% (1618)
    Tiger Woods is the man
  • 29% (692)
    Jack Nicklaus is my favorite
2310 Total Votes  
post #4231 of 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by club ho View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleback View Post
 

Gee, wouldn't it be great if we could have a 235 page thread discussing every detailed aspect of this issue?

 

Oh, wait . . . 

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PARTICIPATE YOU KNOW.

 

I JUST HAVE NEVER SEEN THE THERE NUMBERS CATEGORY BY CATEGORY BEFORE. THE FACT IS THAT THERE IS REALLY NO CONTEST AND TIGER IS ONLY 38.

 

Yelling on the interwebz really isn't necessary. Ironically, neither is this thread. 

post #4232 of 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post
 

 

Yelling on the interwebz really isn't necessary. Ironically, neither is this thread. 

WHO IS YELLING?

 

DO YOU MEAN BECAUSE I AM USING CAPS? SORRY I JUST MISPLACED MY READERS AND IT IS EASIER FOR ME TO READ WHAT I WRITE. GETTING OLD SUCKS LOL!

post #4233 of 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by club ho View Post
 

DO YOU MEAN BECAUSE I AM USING CAPS? SORRY I JUST MISPLACED MY READERS AND IT IS EASIER FOR ME TO READ WHAT I WRITE. GETTING OLD SUCKS LOL!

 

Hold Crtl and Shift, then hit "+" on your keyboard.

post #4234 of 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by club ho View Post
 

WHO IS YELLING?

 

DO YOU MEAN BECAUSE I AM USING CAPS? SORRY I JUST MISPLACED MY READERS AND IT IS EASIER FOR ME TO READ WHAT I WRITE. GETTING OLD SUCKS LOL!

 

HAHA, I just thought of this guy,

 

 

 

Oh and by the way, next time please do a search for a topic. If your post is relevant to a previously made topic that has not been locked post it there. It really does help keep the forum from getting to cluttered. We don't need 10 different Jack versus Tiger threads started. 

post #4235 of 4273

Jack is the best...because I say so.

post #4236 of 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

HAHA, I just thought of this guy,

 

 

 

Oh and by the way, next time please do a search for a topic. If your post is relevant to a previously made topic that has not been locked post it there. It really does help keep the forum from getting to cluttered. We don't need 10 different Jack versus Tiger threads started.

 

BE NICE TIMOTHY I KNOW IS HARD FOR YOU. NOW WHERE ARE MY DAMN READING GLASSES?

post #4237 of 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
 

Jack is the best...because I say so.

You don't really believe that. I know you're a Tiger guy. 

post #4238 of 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post
 

You don't really believe that. I know you're a Tiger guy.

You were supposed to play along...;-)

post #4239 of 4273

Sorry sir.:whistle:

post #4240 of 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post
 

 

Hold Crtl and Shift, then hit "+" on your keyboard.

NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN WHAT WILL THAT DO?

post #4241 of 4273

It will stop you from yelling!! 

post #4242 of 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by club ho View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post
 

 

Hold Crtl and Shift, then hit "+" on your keyboard.

NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN WHAT WILL THAT DO?

 

It'll zoom in on your internet browser so everything is easier to see.

post #4243 of 4273

Massive problem is that you didn't check your work.  The Euro tour wins in effect double count all of Tiger's WGC's & Majors.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/players/playerid=218/wins/index.html

 

 

Sooooo......if you want to take away 31 of those Euro tour wins then by your own argument parameters, Jack is the greatest.

 

As you said, the numbers don't lie.

post #4244 of 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

It will stop you from yelling!! 

Good news I just found my readers behind my chair! Sorry I hope I didn't hurt your ears. 

 

As I understand it you have your panties in a bunch because I started this new thread. My apologies but if I had seen the 235 page thread I would have just entered the lop sided numbers comparison there. I believe there should be a board moderator who can morph this thread with the original thread or so my friends tell me.

post #4245 of 4273

 

 

Or if you look at the top of the screen. There is nice search bar. Unlike other forums which tend to hide their search bar. This forum clearly gives you ample room to input your search. 

 

 

 

Wait look, I gave it a try. Three words, and see what thread is at the top. Wonder how long it took me to do this, oh about 10 seconds. Yep, so instead of wasting the moderators time to follow people around merging threads. How those who post just stop being lazy. 

post #4246 of 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron View Post
 

Massive problem is that you didn't check your work.  The Euro tour wins in effect double count all of Tiger's WGC's & Majors.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/players/playerid=218/wins/index.html

 

 

Sooooo......if you want to take away 31 of those Euro tour wins then by your own argument parameters, Jack is the greatest.

 

As you said, the numbers don't lie.

Ah I see well there is only one catch I used the same additional 18 majors for Jack so you have to take that off of his number as well. Also there was no mention of any European tour wins for jack by wikipedia. Add that to the 10 champions tour wins which tiger does not qualify for yet and you have 28 that should be taken off Jacks numbers and we are back where we started from. Also TIger is just 38. So you are right the numbers do not lie we agree! Tiger is # 1

post #4247 of 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

 

Or if you look at the top of the screen. There is nice search bar. Unlike other forums which tend to hide their search bar. This forum clearly gives you ample room to input your search. 

 

 

 

Wait look, I gave it a try. Three words, and see what thread is at the top. Wonder how long it took me to do this, oh about 10 seconds. Yep, so instead of wasting the moderators time to follow people around merging threads. How those who post just stop being lazy. 

Thank you for the valuable lesson hence forth I will try to remember that. That's what I like about life you learn something everyday!  Even at my age. You have to give us old timers break lad.  This new technology can at times be overwhelming.

post #4248 of 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by club ho View Post
 

Ah I see well there is only one catch I used the same additional 18 majors for Jack so you have to take that off of his number as well. Also there was no mention of any European tour wins for jack by wikipedia. Add that to the 10 champions tour wins which tiger does not qualify for yet and you have 28 that should be taken off Jacks numbers and we are back where we started from. Also TIger is just 38. So you are right the numbers do not lie we agree! Tiger is # 1

Not really as you just pointed out that you tripled counted Tiger's majors (PGA + Euro + Majors).  So take another 14 off Tiger.  And it's back to Jack.

 

I don't care who it is.  You just insist that the numbers don't lie.  So it's Jack.  As the numbers don't care how old someone is or who qualified for what and when.  The numbers are the numbers.   And they are the numbers you provided for your argument.  You can go ahead and try and rejustify them after they are proven inaccuarte but that seems rather folly doesn't it?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Jack or Tiger: Who's the greatest