Similar to "What'd You Shoot Today," "Best Shot of the Week," "2009 Goals," and other similar threads, I thought it'd be neat to have a thread that asks: "What are you working on?"
- Post what you're working on, why, what you hope to accomplish, how you're doing about it, etc.
- Post when you begin something new, take a new approach, etc.
- Don't reply to any posts unless your reply also accomplishes the two things listed above.
I'll have something to add Friday after my first lesson, but until then, someone go ahead and get us started: What are you working on?
Thanks for asking!
Since its the off season in Canada - London, Ontario , there are two things I am working on:
1) Putting: more of an open stance like 45 degrees open - facing the target has really freed up my putting stroke - I still use the same principles of putting (grip, eye alignment) a single line on the ground instead of using my feet as an alignment (never seemed to work for me). I find that this part of my game has been the worst in the last 2 years since I have become more serious about getting better. I use a quarter and aim my ball to that quarter makes me focus on a smaller target which helps a lot.
2) My take away (I believe I found a great way to work this out on this site :) I believe it was the hinge vs cock thread) it helped me a lot to make the right transition - I have a bad tendency to pull the club along to far on the inside with my left arm and consequently don't get a full backswing/turn and I become to handsy coming down.
3) Shaping the ball - power fade/power draw (another great thread from TST), moving my feet to align in an open/closed just getting comfortable being in those positions, hoping to move this to the range to get comfortable hitting the ball with these positions.