or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Anyone enjoying the drink tonight?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone enjoying the drink tonight? - Page 12

post #199 of 487

 Laphroaig, or The Frog as I affectionately call it, is pretty much a staple of imported scotch so I don't think you'll have any trouble finding it in any store that sells scotch.

 

Enjoy. It's one of "the Big Smoke" so be prepared for aggressive (in a good way) peatinessc2_beer.gif

post #200 of 487

Rusty nails the last couple nights, then last night made something up with some Finnish lingonberry liqueur, vodka, and lemon juice. Not bad, but probably would have been better with some soda water.

post #201 of 487
Polished this off this evening mixed with Coke Zero.

500
post #202 of 487

The whole bottle?

 

Have you ever tried Club Soda as a mix instead of Coke?

 

Not as sweet even though Coke Zero is sugar free.

post #203 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBlack14 View Post

Polished this off this evening mixed with Coke Zero.
500


I think the hardest part of drinking fruit-flavoured bourbon would be finding a pair of pink panties that fit.

 

post #204 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post


I think the hardest part of drinking fruit-flavoured bourbon would be finding a pair of pink panties that fit.

 


I take that back, it was mean spirited and I apologize. I was drinking Talisker Single Malt at the time and I found the thought of berry-flavoured whiskey to be very off-putting. But, by all means, drink what you fancy, Nancy. Sorry, couldn't resist the "Nancy" line. e2_whistling.gif

 

 

post #205 of 487

Brandy. Good.

 

brandy_tasting_111210_IMG_3086.jpg

 

 

post #206 of 487

Sleemans and cheap shampagne ...Happy New Years!

post #207 of 487

Rickards Red Draft with a pound of chicken wings is my New Years celebration.

 

 

post #208 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post




I take that back, it was mean spirited and I apologize. I was drinking Talisker Single Malt at the time and I found the thought of berry-flavoured whiskey to be very off-putting. But, by all means, drink what you fancy, Nancy. Sorry, couldn't resist the "Nancy" line. e2_whistling.gif

 

 


Think what ya want, but it's good stuff and goes great with a case of beer, pint of Black Jack and a few Black & Milds. Oh, I don't wear draws, my balls don't fit. b2_tongue.gif
post #209 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBlack14 View Post


Think what ya want, but it's good stuff and goes great with a case of beer, pint of Black Jack and a few Black & Milds. Oh, I don't wear draws, my balls don't fit. b2_tongue.gif


All good just teasin'

 

I have the same problem with drawers, small hotel, no ballroom!

 

post #210 of 487

Wild Turkey 101 and Coke Zero. Double shot, can of coke and ice. Going down very well. a1_smile.gif

post #211 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

 Laphroaig, or The Frog as I affectionately call it, is pretty much a staple of imported scotch so I don't think you'll have any trouble finding it in any store that sells scotch.

 

Enjoy. It's one of "the Big Smoke" so be prepared for aggressive (in a good way) peatinessc2_beer.gif



You ever tried Ardbeg out of interest? If you like peaty Scotch, this is a great dram. Try the 10y/o and work up. If you find some 17y/o it's heavenly albeit hard to find (and therefore pricey) now.

post #212 of 487

Absolutely LOVE Ardbeg. I think I posted about it a little further up. Fantastic unfiltered whisky.

post #213 of 487

In a low-ball glass:

 

 

2 1/2 ounce (or so...) of red vermouth (I recommend Martini Rosso but anything dry should work. Don't use Cinzano or any sweet red vermouths)

healthy squeeze of lemon

top up with soda

1/2 ounce (or so...) of vodka - always add the vodka last

enjoy

 

It's called a Chili, but I call 'em shortcuts as they have a way of sneakin' up on you, especially if your liberal on your measurements.

post #214 of 487


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

In a low-ball glass:

 

 

2 1/2 ounce (or so...) of red vermouth (I recommend Martini Rosso but anything dry should work. Don't use Cinzano or any sweet red vermouths)

healthy squeeze of lemon

top up with soda

1/2 ounce (or so...) of vodka - always add the vodka last

enjoy

 

It's called a Chili, but I call 'em shortcuts as they have a way of sneakin' up on you, especially if your liberal on your measurements.


having just made another batch (or two) tonight, I would like to amend the recipe as follows: make it a full ounce of vodka. c2_beer.gif

 

post #215 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post




All good just teasin'

 

I have the same problem with drawers, small hotel, no ballroom!

 


No offense taken'.c2_beer.gif
post #216 of 487

Sam Adams "Alpine Spring" ale. Even though it's still winter, it's quite good!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Anyone enjoying the drink tonight?