or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Anyone enjoying the drink tonight?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone enjoying the drink tonight? - Page 22

post #379 of 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

This is the best blend I've ever encountered for under $30. 

 

Never even heard of it. I'll have to see if I can track a bottle down.

post #380 of 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post
 

 

Never even heard of it. I'll have to see if I can track a bottle down.

I believe (just based on my palette so I could be wrong) that it has a fairly high % of Talisker, as it is also from the Isle of Skye, in it so it has that nice peppery Talisker taste as it's base note. Outstanding value! My wife hates it, say it makes me stink and snore!:beer:

post #381 of 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

I believe (just based on my palette so I could be wrong) that it has a fairly high % of Talisker, as it is also from the Isle of Skye, in it so it has that nice peppery Talisker taste as it's base note. Outstanding value! My wife hates it, say it makes me stink and snore!:beer:

 

Anything that's similar to Talisker has to be pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation.

post #382 of 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post

Anything that's similar to Talisker has to be pretty good.
A man after my own heart!
post #383 of 501
All I think of when I see that bottle is "Tea Bag".
post #384 of 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post

Never even heard of it. I'll have to see if I can track a bottle down.

Me neither.

I'm not a big fan of blended whisky. Most are terribly ordinary.....but I'll give it a try on EJ's recommendation!

a1_smile.gif
post #385 of 501
Pabst blue ribbon... A couple of em
post #386 of 501

 

Nice and cold. It is hot as balls here and I just played matchplay with a couple of Italian pro footballers (the round kind), so it was pretty competitive! Learned some new expressions ...

post #387 of 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
 

 

 

(the round kind)

The ball or the Italians?

post #388 of 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
 

 

 

(the round kind)

The ball or the Italians?

 

Now I'm envisioning oompa loompas in Inter kits.

post #389 of 501

OK, to be diplomatic, I would say that the waistlines were slightly larger than in the '80s at Juventus, but the perms were much smaller.

post #390 of 501

Laphroaig 18.

 

It's exactly like this ...

 

post #391 of 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post


I began drinking single malt scotch w Aberlour 10, you can also try the 12.

It was an easy drinker at a reasonable price. The 10 was about $36 and the 12 was just under $50

I have sampled a couple of batches of the Aberlour A'bunadh the last couple years and really enjoyed it.  Most recently, I tried the Laphroaig 10 Year Cask Strength.  It is almost like drinking a campfire doused in honey...      

post #392 of 501

Tonight .. early dinner.

 

Corbis Syrah 2010 from the Ardeche

 

Imported by Kermitt-Lynch

 

About $15

 

A wonderful little Syrah at the right temps drinks like a high-$20's wine.

 

Smooth, dark fruits-berries, nice intensity, smooth tannins on the finish.

post #393 of 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by MULVn8tor View Post

Pabst blue ribbon... A couple of em

They still make those???

I haven't seen them in sometime.

post #394 of 501
I live in Canada and they do here. Nice cheap beer
post #395 of 501
Made a drink tonight with some leftover peach juice (from canned peaches my wife used for something else), gin, triple sec, and seltzer. Nice tall glass chugger.
post #396 of 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Made a drink tonight with some leftover peach juice (from canned peaches my wife used for something else), gin, triple sec, and seltzer. Nice tall glass chugger.
Did you borrow a pair of your wife's panties to wear while drinking that manly concoction?
d4_w00t.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Anyone enjoying the drink tonight?