or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Anyone enjoying the drink tonight?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone enjoying the drink tonight? - Page 24

post #415 of 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post
 

 

I know. I was surprised to learn this unfortunate fact as well. 

I've found there is always a proof one could like... it took years of experimenting.

 

It's like finding a golf swing ... but much easier....

 

:-)

post #416 of 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmili View Post
 

Does Keystone Light count?

 

If it's all ya got, it beats nothing.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post
 

I've found there is always a proof one could like... it took years of experimenting.

 

It's like finding a golf swing ... but much easier....

 

:-)

 

Indeed. I also think people try well whiskey and think they don't like any whiskey. My wife won't touch whiskey at a bar, but at a nice restaurant, a good Scotch is the perfect digestif.  

post #417 of 498
Took the boy to piano lessons today and was offered a glass of this while waiting.


Dee-lish!!
post #418 of 498
Now THAT'S a piano teacher worth traveling to!

I first tried the Uigeadail a couple of years ago. Very different.
post #419 of 498

Brother in law gave me a bottle of this....

 

 

 

Think I'll crack it open tonight.

post #420 of 498
Question for you: would it be a problem if a B&B doesn't sell alcohol but could get for you on your request list when you check in, so you pay the supermarket price?
post #421 of 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

Brother in law gave me a bottle of this....





Think I'll crack it open tonight.

That was my first love in the world of whiskey, we've since moved on and parted ways but we are still good friends and we keep in touch.
post #422 of 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by asousa View Post

Question for you: would it be a problem if a B&B doesn't sell alcohol but could get for you on your request list when you check in, so you pay the supermarket price?

As long as the B&B is very up front about it and gives me ample notice so I can fill out my request list in advance I would have no issue with it.
post #423 of 498
Thank you for your reply!
post #424 of 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by asousa View Post

Thank you for your reply!

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

post #425 of 498

Jeez, guys. A little early, no? ;-)

post #426 of 498

Up yours @JetFan1983, it's Sunday and I don't do the church thing. Drinking a double espresso with Havana Club in it and then I'm heading out to Golf Town for their 50% grip sale! New Lamkin Crosslines for all my irons and Pure Pros for my woods and Hybrids. Just like Christmas! Even got another foot of snow last night…Yay!!

:-D

post #427 of 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Took the boy to piano lessons today and was offered a glass of this while waiting.


Dee-lish!!

 

Love Oogie! Signing my kid for piano lessons tomorrow! Whether he wants to or not ...

 

:-P

 

I got a bottle of Highland Park 18 as a gift last week. Making do with that.

post #428 of 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

Up yours @JetFan1983, it's Sunday and I don't do the church thing. Drinking a double espresso with Havana Club in it and then I'm heading out to Golf Town for their 50% grip sale! New Lamkin Crosslines for all my irons and Pure Pros for my woods and Hybrids. Just like Christmas! Even got another foot of snow last night…Yay!!

:-D

 

Hehe, just busting your chops, old man! :beer:

post #429 of 498
Not clear on this. Can one not simply put their favorite drink in a suitcase? B&Bs don't do the TSA thing now do they? Or am I totally missing the point here? Which I admit is quite possible.
post #430 of 498
You would think I could properly execute a qoute and reply by now. Darn Kindle. Cannot wait to get Pc repaired.
post #431 of 498

Having some Oban 14 tonight. It's jolly nice!

 

This is a cool matrix for Scotch fans -- find out where what you like is on the map.

 

http://scotchgit.bitbucket.org

post #432 of 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
 

Having some Oban 14 tonight. It's jolly nice!

 

This is a cool matrix for Scotch fans -- find out where what you like is on the map.

 

http://scotchgit.bitbucket.org

Very cool. You can click on the name and get tasting notes too!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Anyone enjoying the drink tonight?