or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › first Scotty Cameron
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

first Scotty Cameron - Page 4

post #55 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBCgolfer View Post

Seriously? An SC putter allows you to get serious feel when you putt. Have you noticed different lengths have different weights? That's for both balance and feel.

And you think others don't do that to maintain a consistent swing weight from one shaft length to another....?

Don't misunderstand. I like mine, a lot. But they ain't magic.......
post #56 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBCgolfer View Post

Seriously? An SC putter allows you to get serious feel when you putt. Have you noticed different lengths have different weights? That's for both balance and feel.

 

So they have the same swing weight. Big whoopty doo. My 33" putter has 375g in the head and 60g in the grip. That's the best weight for me.

 

There's nothing magical about Scotty Camerons. At the end of the day, they're just another of many mass produced putters. They're at the upper end of the mass produced putters, but so are the putters from every major manufacturer.

post #57 of 68

Someone in my league was playing a SC last night... He was a lower HC player but it didn't seem like it was from the putter. I was doing as well with my cheap hand me down putter as he was. I'm sure there are advantages to having a higher dollar putter, but if you are comfortable and confident with any putter you'll do well with it. That being said, I will buy a better putter at some point when my play justifies having one.

post #58 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post

I'm sure there are advantages to having a higher dollar putter, but if you are comfortable and confident with any putter you'll do well with it.

 

This is true, but has nothing to do with this thread topic.
post #59 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBCgolfer View Post

 

This is true, but has nothing to do with this thread topic.

Interesting you chose my comment to point that out. Don't see how what I said in the entire comment is anymore off topic than others have been, but that's fine.

 

On topic:

I'd love to have a SC but probably wouldn't pay over $100 for a putter unless I made ridiculous amounts of money.

post #60 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

There's nothing magical about Scotty Camerons. At the end of the day, they're just another of many mass produced putters. They're at the upper end of the mass produced putters, but so are the putters from every major manufacturer.

 

There's nothing magical about any putter, for that matter. At the end of the day, whatever gets the ball into the hole in the fewest number of putts is the best putter for a particular golfer. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post

I'm sure there are advantages to having a higher dollar putter, but if you are comfortable and confident with any putter you'll do well with it. 

 

It's a bit of a luxury item. The difference between high dollar and cheap is much smaller in a putter than in, say, a driver. I love my Scotty, but if I had to buy a new one, would I buy another SC? Maybe. Maybe not. Whatever I purchased, I would make sure it's fitted to my stroke.

post #61 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post

Interesting you chose my comment to point that out. Don't see how what I said in the entire comment is anymore off topic than others have been, but that's fine.

 

.

 

You weren't the only person I made mentioned of the "off-topic" post. Just keeping it fair and balanced.
post #62 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBCgolfer View Post

Just keeping it fair and balanced.

 

Thanks Fox News. a2_wink.gif

post #63 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post

 

Thanks Fox News. a2_wink.gif

 

I see what you did there.... clever. Very clever. Now go eat a corn dog.
post #64 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBCgolfer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post

 

Thanks Fox News. a2_wink.gif

 

I see what you did there.... clever. Very clever. Now go eat a corn dog.

 

Hahaha. And he's original. This one's a keeper.

post #65 of 68

I used Ping Anser  putters for the first few years that I started playing golf because they are so popular. I switched to mallet style putters and it helped my putting quiet a bit. I was at Golfsmith in Birmingham a few years ago and wound up buying my SC KOMBI 35". The red lines behind the ball really help me and I love the looks and feel.

The only negative thing about this putter is the glare from the sun I get during mid-day rounds.

post #66 of 68
im just getting back into golf and went down to a few stores testing putters lately being i will be getting a new putter for my 40th.
i havee to admit that in all honesty the scotty is a at a different level and if you cant feel it ..it probably wouldnt help you. i noticed it and it had nothing to do with marketing as i never heard of the putter before.
i have been hinting to my family about this putter so ill post my story soon :)
i believe everyone should have one of these even if not to be in the bag at every outing.
post #67 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomb View Post

i havee to admit that in all honesty the scotty is a at a different level and if you cant feel it ..it probably wouldnt help you. i noticed it and it had nothing to do with marketing as i never heard of the putter before.
 

You're having yourself on. 

If they were any better than others, everyone of means and every tour pro would use one. They don't.

Ask yourself how much you'd be prepared to bet on a double blind test, if it were possible.

SC putters are very good, just like all other brands.

To say there is a difference in "feel" is nonsense, and to accuse others of not having feel is Emperor's new clothes stuff.

post #68 of 68

I have had two Scotty's now one Newport and the most recent a golo5. As much as I wanted to love the golo5 it was not for me. The fact you can not leave a Scotty in your bag when you are in the club house is one thing. But It felt hard and always had an issue with distance control and miss hits were not forgiving. Cameron from what I understand feels that every person should have a slight arc I don't, I have a very straight back forward swing and need a face balance putter not a slight face balance. So long story short the Scotty went back after a few months and I went to a Ping Greyhawk straight. If that does not work I will be getting fit with an Edel Putter.

To say that a Scotty is the end of all ends in putters would be wrong IMO. Look at Brandt Snedeker or Inbee Park, they are great putters and bag Odyssey putters. I believe they could bag what ever putter they wanted and do not bag a Scotty. A putter is a like a woman either they fit or they dint. But to say they are the best putter, they are for a person they fit just like to say my Ping irons are they best,for some they are. SC putters are a work of art, but that does not make putts. My old Metal X Dart was IMO ugly but it made putts, I would still bag it if I had not had a hair up my ass and fell for how pretty the golo was.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › first Scotty Cameron