or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

post #1 of 110
Thread Starter 
I'm copying a post Dave made elsewhere but putting it in my words instead of his, but here goes:

Dave Wedzik and I are going to be launching a brand new service that we believe is the first/only one of its kind. Within the next week we'll have information and a link on this site which explains "evolvr." Basically we have developed a members-only way for you to upload your swings for analysis by Dave and other Golf Evolution staff. Membership will include four submissions per month that we will then analyze with a return video sent directly to your account.

Members will receive discounts on all schools and lessons taken at our academy in Erie, PA, plus access to a full video library with drills, tips, etc.!

Once ready you will notice that the pricing is set so everyone can afford (starts at only $29/mo. for the full service) to evolve their game with the help of Golf Evolution.

Stay tuned for more, coming soon.

P.S. I think it's U.S. only. Which is to say U.S. credit card only...
post #2 of 110

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Originally Posted by iacas View Post
P.S. I think it's U.S. only. Which is to say U.S. credit card only...
Argh too bad
post #3 of 110
Thread Starter 

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Originally Posted by kurisu View Post
Argh too bad
It might not be. I don't know. I can't find the information on the site we're using. You might have to try to sign up just to help us figure it out!
post #4 of 110

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

I can do that
post #5 of 110

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Would certainly be nice if you could pay with international credit cards, or Paypal. Don't see a reason why that should be a problem. A swing is a swing, whether it comes from Tokyo or US of A.
post #6 of 110

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
Would certainly be nice if you could pay with international credit cards, or Paypal. Don't see a reason why that should be a problem. A swing is a swing, whether it comes from Tokyo or US of A.
Paypal as mentioned above sounds like a good shout Eric!
post #7 of 110

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Will the service provide swing tips and analysis from non golf teaching professionals and 15-20 handicaps like in the "Playing Tips" section of the site..... :)
post #8 of 110

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Sounds great. I can't wait to here more.
post #9 of 110
Thread Starter 

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
Would certainly be nice if you could pay with international credit cards, or Paypal. Don't see a reason why that should be a problem. A swing is a swing, whether it comes from Tokyo or US of A.
Where the swing comes from, as you know, is irrelevant. We aren't charging your golf swing.

Originally Posted by luckyluke699 View Post
Paypal as mentioned above sounds like a good shout Eric!
PayPal is not an option.

Originally Posted by steve8820 View Post
Will the service provide swing tips and analysis from non golf teaching professionals and 15-20 handicaps like in the "Playing Tips" section of the site..... :)
Yes, but only if you pay extra. If you pay only the regular fees, your swings are analyzed by incredibly talented golfers and instructors who know what they're talking about. We haven't set the prices yet to have your swings analyzed by people who can't break 100... what do you think, 20% extra?
post #10 of 110

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Can we also submit video of other than full swing? This is going to be great. Will the return videos be personalized to me and what I should be working on?
post #11 of 110

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Originally Posted by iacas View Post
Where the swing comes from, as you know, is irrelevant. We aren't charging your golf swing.
Point was that most people outside the US don't have a US credit card.
post #12 of 110

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
Point was that most people outside the US don't have a US credit card.
Hi Zeph - it shouldn't be any problem at all for the international credit cards - looking forward to working with golfers all over the world!!

Dave
post #13 of 110
Thread Starter 

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Originally Posted by Leftygolfer View Post
Can we also submit video of other than full swing? This is going to be great. Will the return videos be personalized to me and what I should be working on?
The yearly plan gives you the chance to upload 52 sets of videos. Even the monthly plan lets you upload four sets of videos per month... so yeah, you can submit videos ranging from your full swing to putting and chipping.

The video you get back is your swing analyzed in V1 Pro software, narrated, and with notes that tell you what to work on and what changes you should see, etc. We aren't sending you canned video like "watch this pre-recorded video" back to you, no way. You get your swing video back with analysis, narration, and notes.
post #14 of 110

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Sounds like a great idea...but each persons videography skills is different, and will affect your ability to analyze the swing effectively. I am sure you guys have this figured out, however. Is it possible to incorporate connecting a camera to a computer with an internet connection and you guys critique the swing in real time via an instant messanger...as instant feedback is helpful. Then you can take the video and do your work with it and send it to the student as well. For people with bad swings, its gonna take more than 4 vids in a month to get the kinks worked out.
post #15 of 110
Thread Starter 

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Sounds like a great idea...but each persons videography skills is different, and will affect your ability to analyze the swing effectively.
We have a guide to help people set up their cameras properly. Beyond that, there's a certain amount of "wiggle room" that really doesn't affect the analysis.

Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Is it possible to incorporate connecting a camera to a computer with an internet connection and you guys critique the swing in real time via an instant messanger...as instant feedback is helpful.
Possible? Sure. Anything's possible. Likely to ever happen? No. That's not really what evolvr is about. Plus a web cam isn't going to take high-speed, decent quality video.

Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
For people with bad swings, its gonna take more than 4 vids in a month to get the kinks worked out.
It takes guys with good swings more than a month to figure things out. Tiger Woods barely changed his swing a few times and has had year-long "slumps" (in his book). We're not claiming to be able to get everyone to scratch in a month. That's why you can subscribe, or pre-pay for a year and get a discount. The yearly price is still less than three one-hour lessons with a reputable instructor.
post #16 of 110

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

A bad video only suffers the one who submitted it. They must do what they can with what they get, unless they set a standard which is to be followed. If people can't submit good enough video, too bad for them.

I've seen a lot of videos on this forum, and the general problem is not with the quality of the camera, but rather the arrangement. Cameras lying on the ground, wrong angles, terrible light etc.

Another advantage of something like this is that those who submit videos have a good chance of learning a thing or two. By watching an analysis, you understand better what to look for, making it easier to ingrain in the swing.
post #17 of 110

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Originally Posted by iacas View Post

The video you get back is your swing analyzed in V1 Pro software, narrated, and with notes that tell you what to work on and what changes you should see, etc. We aren't sending you canned video like "watch this pre-recorded video" back to you, no way. You get your swing video back with analysis, narration, and notes.


Excellent.
post #18 of 110

Re: evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

Wow, this sounds pretty cool as a way to get affordable personalized instruction.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis