or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Favorite TV Show(s)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Favorite TV Show(s) - Page 29

post #505 of 1019

  I'm about half a dozen episodes into the first season of American Horror Story.  It's absolutely whacked.  And freaky.  I don't care for Dylan McDermott a whole heck of a lot, but the premise is very interesting.

 

  I think I'll take a break from that for a few days to indulge in the cheapo dvd sets I picked up on Boxing Day.  By Jupiters' wang, it's time for a Spartacus marathon!

post #506 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon View Post

  I'm about half a dozen episodes into the first season of American Horror Story.  It's absolutely whacked.  And freaky.  I don't care for Dylan McDermott a whole heck of a lot, but the premise is very interesting.

  I think I'll take a break from that for a few days to indulge in the cheapo dvd sets I picked up on Boxing Day.  By Jupiters' wang, it's time for a Spartacus marathon!
Give it a chance its really good me n the wife have watched first n second n all of third so far they r a bit weird and freaky but entertaining none the less
If ya like out of the box craziness n demented scenarios you will enjoy horror story asylum and coven
post #507 of 1019
That dance number in Asylum (not really a spoiler). Holy crap that was bizzare. And popping the cherry of a virgin I won't name. That almost beat crying while masturbating in season 1. Disappointed in the aliens sub plot though. Wish there was more to it.
post #508 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

That dance number in Asylum (not really a spoiler). Holy crap that was bizzare. And popping the cherry of a virgin I won't name. That almost beat crying while masturbating in season 1. Disappointed in the aliens sub plot though. Wish there was more to it.
Ya it seemed like they had this big plan for the aliens and the creatures the doctor was working with but either ran out of time or somsthing and had to end abruptly
post #509 of 1019

Well, I couldn't wait and watched the first episode of Sherlock season 3. Mixed feelings, will need to process. Still a great show, but feeling a tad iffy.

post #510 of 1019
Office, Parks and Rec, House of Card, Game of Thrones, Tremè, Downton Abbey and Call the Midwife (don't judge me 😄).
post #511 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

Well, I couldn't wait and watched the first episode of Sherlock season 3. Mixed feelings, will need to process. Still a great show, but feeling a tad iffy.

 

Just watched it. I thought it was pretty good. I thought the bit about how he pulled off faking his death was a bit lame - a big mat? But otherwise it was good. And that part isn't terribly important.

post #512 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Just watched it. I thought it was pretty good. I thought the bit about how he pulled off faking his death was a bit lame - a big mat? But otherwise it was good. And that part isn't terribly important.

 

After letting it sink in, the bits that bothered me were pretty trivial, namely the fan acknowledgement - theorizing all the ways Sherlock faked death. That bit where we saw tonsils was a little over the top too, but I laughed. I thought I was watching a cartoon!

 

Finished Orphan Black. What a show. The cloning/multiple personalities bit has been done before, but mixing the science in pulled me in. Plus many long shots of my university, even my dorm. Toronto is experiencing quite the growth spurt. If it only weren't so damn cold.

post #513 of 1019

Breaking Bad intro a la "The Wire"

 

 

Perhaps  this has potential:

 

post #514 of 1019

   True Detective was pretty impressive.  I can't really say if I've watched anything with Matthew McConaughey in it for a while, but his performance tonight reminded me of the chops he has.

 

The premiere of Banshee wasn't as great as I'd hoped it would be.

post #515 of 1019
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/hbo-renews-the-newsroom-for-third-and-final-season

Quote:
HBO announced that Aaron Sorkin's "The Newsroom" has finally been renewed for a third season, which will go into production in the spring and air in the fall, and that this will be the show's final season. This qualifies as a good news, bad news kind of day, though different segments of the show's audience — some of whom thrill to the Sorkin-y dialogue and/or to his critique of the dire state of American politics and the media that covers the politicians, some of whom (yours truly included) who feel the show magnifies pretty much all of Sorkin's worst instincts as a dramatist — will disagree on which piece is the good and which is the bad.

"The Newsroom" wasn't the critical darling or smash hit HBO might have hoped for, but it won some awards (including Jeff Daniels' stunning Emmy win over Bryan Cranston, Kevin Spacey, et al, back in September), and it put the channel in business with Sorkin, the prolific Emmy and Oscar-winning writer. All accounts of the wait for renewal suggested HBO would be eager to order a new season whenever Sorkin said yes, and that it was a matter of Sorkin both finding a hole in his schedule and deciding whether he still wanted the agita when he could be off writing screenplays.

By ordering only one more season, and by bringing in former "Office" showrunner Paul Lieberstein as an executive producer(*), HBO apparently made things easy enough for Sorkin to return, even though the second season finale sure felt like Sorkin taking care of all family business before he had to walk away. The fall window suggests it'll be airing after another final HBO drama season, since "Boardwalk Empire" will be concluding then as well.
post #516 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon View Post
 

   True Detective was pretty impressive.  I can't really say if I've watched anything with Matthew McConaughey in it for a while, but his performance tonight reminded me of the chops he has.

 

The premiere of Banshee wasn't as great as I'd hoped it would be.

 

Loved it. I'm hooked already.

post #517 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon View Post
 

   True Detective was pretty impressive.  I can't really say if I've watched anything with Matthew McConaughey in it for a while, but his performance tonight reminded me of the chops he has.

 

I was doubtful, but first episode won me over. That conversation in the car where Rusty reveals his "happy" side was a great scene. Why does Woody Harrelson talk like he just had dental work or a piece of gum in his mouth - or is he affecting an accent.

 

Have been rewatching Mission: Impossible. It's an oldie, but holds up pretty well. It's all on Netflix.

 

post #518 of 1019

Anyone see that Fargo the TV show is starting up this year? 

 

 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/

 

Billy Bob Thornton is the star, and it's going to be a ten-episode miniseries or something. It'll be a new case too obviously. Coens are executive producing.

 

This isn't the first attempt at a Fargo TV series, as a pilot was filmed in 1997 starring Edie Falco as Marge Gunderson. 

post #519 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post
 

Anyone see that Fargo the TV show is starting up this year?

 

 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/

 

Billy Bob Thornton is the star, and it's going to be a ten-episode miniseries or something. It'll be a new case too obviously. Coens are executive producing.

 

This isn't the first attempt at a Fargo TV series, as a pilot was filmed in 1997 starring Edie Falco as Marge Gunderson.

That looks an awful lot like Bob Odenkirk to me.

post #520 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon View Post

   True Detective was pretty impressive.  I can't really say if I've watched anything with Matthew McConaughey in it for a while, but his performance tonight reminded me of the chops he has.

I saw the first episode a few days ago, and I'm on board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

I was doubtful, but first episode won me over. That conversation in the car where Rusty reveals his "happy" side was a great scene. Why does Woody Harrelson talk like he just had dental work or a piece of gum in his mouth - or is he affecting an accent.

I think he's adding somewhat of an accent. I just watched a few interviews, and he doesn't always talk like that.
post #521 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post
 

Anyone see that Fargo the TV show is starting up this year?

 

 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/

 

Billy Bob Thornton is the star, and it's going to be a ten-episode miniseries or something. It'll be a new case too obviously. Coens are executive producing.

 

This isn't the first attempt at a Fargo TV series, as a pilot was filmed in 1997 starring Edie Falco as Marge Gunderson.

That looks an awful lot like Bob Odenkirk to me.

LOL, I was wondering if somebody was gonna come on here and say "that isn't Billy Bob Thornton" but I thought, nah, no one's dumb enough to think that I think Bob Odenkirk is Billy Bob Thornton. :-D

 

LOL.

 

No, both Thornton and Odenkirk are on the show. That's the only photo I could find though from the series. 

post #522 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post
 

LOL, I was wondering if somebody was gonna come on here and say "that isn't Billy Bob Thornton" but I thought, nah, no one's dumb enough to think that I think Bob Odenkirk is Billy Bob Thornton? :-D

 

LOL.

 

No, both Thornton and Odenkirk are on the show. That's the only photo I could find though from the series.

I was just pointing out that it looked like BO to me, because I figured I may have been wrong ... seeing as how he is supposed to be busy right now with Better Call Saul ... opening in November, I believe!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Favorite TV Show(s)