or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Favorite TV Show(s)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Favorite TV Show(s) - Page 31

post #541 of 1081

True Detective... so good. Not much happened in this episode, lots of retro character development but that's ok. Like the slow burn.

post #542 of 1081

post #543 of 1081
If you would have told me thirty years ago that Woody from Cheers would have ended up being the most successful member of the cast, I'd have thought you were crazy.
post #544 of 1081

I used to be a HUGE family guy man but the more recent episodes have not been very funny. It just doesn't make me laugh the way it did in the beginning . I have now switched to american dad and I love it!

post #545 of 1081
I got Netflix streaming for the first time about a week ago, so clearly I've spent the time working hard, getting in loads of exercise, eating terrific foods, and not watching the first season of Lost. a3_biggrin.gif
post #546 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

I got Netflix streaming for the first time about a week ago, so clearly I've spent the time working hard, getting in loads of exercise, eating terrific foods, and not watching the first season of Lost. a3_biggrin.gif

1st couple of seasons of Lost was amazing - it got me into reading blogs and wikis about a tv show and listening to podcasts audio and video which was mostly new at the time.

If Fishbiscuitland is still up, that's a Lost blog worth reading. I don't think I've yet to deep dive into a show like I did with Lost, probably because of Lost.
post #547 of 1081

Bluebloods

Parenthood

Duck Dynasty

 

The sitcoms on today are really lame and pointless.  Loved The Office but when the main guy left, it went down hill.... 

post #548 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleEagle View Post

Bluebloods
Parenthood
Duck Dynasty

The sitcoms on today are really lame and pointless.  Loved The Office but when the main guy left, it went down hill.... 

Veep is my favorite. Hilarious. Got better in S2. It's Defcon F$&k !

You've got

The Office (UK)
Louie
P & R
Community
The Thick of it (UK)
30 Rock
Family Tree
post #549 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post


1st couple of seasons of Lost was amazing - it got me into reading blogs and wikis about a tv show and listening to podcasts audio and video which was mostly new at the time.

If Fishbiscuitland is still up, that's a Lost blog worth reading. I don't think I've yet to deep dive into a show like I did with Lost, probably because of Lost.

LOST was awesome! I agree that the first several seasons were the best. However, I still enjoyed watching the series to the end, unlike some of the harsher critics. Just thought I'd give my 2 cents so as not to discourage Jamo. 

post #550 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by butt3r3dt0ast View Post
 

LOST was awesome! I agree that the first several seasons were the best. However, I still enjoyed watching the series to the end, unlike some of the harsher critics. Just thought I'd give my 2 cents so as not to discourage Jamo. 

 

I'd recommend watching it to the end, but the ending is love/hate, depending. I liked the sci/fi slant towards the middle end.

post #551 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

I'd recommend watching it to the end, but the ending is love/hate, depending. I liked the sci/fi slant towards the middle end.
Loved lost at the start but it took me probably 2 or 3 months to watch the last season... That's how much it slowed up for me and got repetitive
post #552 of 1081
Loving the Walking Dead. The wife and I have started and almost caught up. Season 3 was great. Can't wait for Feb 9th. We only have 7 more eps to catch up.
post #553 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post

Not sure if I posted this here already but Luther was a fantastic show on BBC.

 

An English coworker of mine suggested I watch Luther after I told him that I like other shows in BBC. In the last week, I've watched all of the first season, and 3 of the 4 episodes in the second season. It is by far one of the greatest shows I have ever watched. It's on Netflix, so if you're looking for a good police/detective show, it doesn't get any better as far as I'm concerned.

post #554 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post

 

An English coworker of mine suggested I watch Luther after I told him that I like other shows in BBC. In the last week, I've watched all of the first season, and 3 of the 4 episodes in the second season. It is by far one of the greatest shows I have ever watched. It's on Netflix, so if you're looking for a good police/detective show, it doesn't get any better as far as I'm concerned.

 



Couldn't agree more that show was fantastic. Have you watched Orphan Black? That's on the BBC as well. Very Solid
post #555 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post
 

 

An English coworker of mine suggested I watch Luther after I told him that I like other shows in BBC. In the last week, I've watched all of the first season, and 3 of the 4 episodes in the second season. It is by far one of the greatest shows I have ever watched. It's on Netflix, so if you're looking for a good police/detective show, it doesn't get any better as far as I'm concerned.

 



Couldn't agree more that show was fantastic. Have you watched Orphan Black? That's on the BBC as well. Very Solid

 

Love Orphan Black. It's made by BBC America and Canada Bell I think, it's not British (BBC America is not really an offshoot of the BBC) although the lead is doing an English accent among many others. It's filmed in Toronto. I could almost see my dorm room window in one of the episodes.

post #556 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post
 
Couldn't agree more that show was fantastic. Have you watched Orphan Black? That's on the BBC as well. Very Solid

 

I always see commercials for in on BBCA, but haven't watch it yet. I'll have to add it to my list of things to watch.

post #557 of 1081
The wife loves Big Bang Theory. I watch really bad movies on Epix Drive In.
post #558 of 1081

For the Doctor Who fans, Peter Capaldi as the Doctor.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Favorite TV Show(s)