or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Golf Nightmares?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Golf Nightmares? - Page 2

post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by apex53 View Post

LOL! I've had dreams similar to this, I have to keep reteeing my golf ball and when I finally get it teed up I can't take a swing because I'm backed up against a door or tree or somesuch... It's crazy... Glad to know I'm not the only golf nut out there with crazy dreams / nightmares.

Yup, this exact one.  Sometimes a shed materializes around the tee-box which is too small to swing in.

post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12_Over View Post

This is a bizarre topic but I wanted to see if any other addicts have had actual nightmares about a golf scenario.

Mine have a common theme of me needing to hit an impossible golf shot indoors.
Example: My most recent one involved me trying to hit a drive on a par 5 from a loveseat infront of Ben Crenshaw. It took me forever to tee up the ball in the cushion of the chair and when I did, I couldn't even take a stance because of the awkard "lie".

Am I the only one this occurs to?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeebD View Post

I don't know if I would call them nightmares but I would say I've had 3 or 4 dreams now where I tee it up on the first hole and things keep happening to prevent me from hitting. Whether it be a broken tee, or no tee's (I remember one when I tried to tee it up with the pencil because I was out of tee's and couldn't get it to stay!) People standing too close so I can't make my swing, ect.

I Find myself getting super frustrated! but I'm never 'scared'

Haha.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
 
 
MIne are quite similar.
It's getting dark. People atre waiting. I can't find a spot where I have a backswing. etc. etc. Can't tee it up anywhere.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctw262 View Post
 
 
 
This is crazy. I thought I was the only one to have these....guess not.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeane View Post

Similar to another mentioned, I'm on #1 in a tournament and cant find a good place to tee the ball up, something bothering my backswing, sidehill lies etc. The other is there is a tournament being played and a bunch of people I know are playing and I'm not. When those show up I wake up pissed.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex53 View Post

LOL! I've had dreams similar to this, I have to keep reteeing my golf ball and when I finally get it teed up I can't take a swing because I'm backed up against a door or tree or somesuch... It's crazy... Glad to know I'm not the only golf nut out there with crazy dreams / nightmares.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Slicer View Post
 

 

 

 

 

TIme to write a book on dreams. All of my golf dreams are like this. I'm starting to play, but either can't tee it up, the lie keeps changing, I can't swing, something is in the way, all of a sudden I'm in the trees, a young golf groupie babe jumps my bones (actually that's another dream), anything to keep me from hitting the ball.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleback View Post
 

Yup, this exact one.  Sometimes a shed materializes around the tee-box which is too small to swing in.

This theme seems pretty common judging by the responses here. I too dream, or have nightmares, of not being able to get it teed up or take a swing at it. 

 

No, they are definitely nightmares, not dreams!

post #21 of 28
In my golf dreams I can never get any club-head speed because of all the pretty, young cart girls draped all over me like fine mink stoles.
post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

In my golf dreams I can never get any club-head speed because of all the pretty, young cart girls draped all over me like fine mink stoles.


Only to be awaken and find yourself surrounded by your 10 pet cats? :sleep:

post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 


Only to be awaken and find yourself surrounded by your 10 pet cats? :sleep:

I only have 2 cats but they're both "tens". ;-)

post #24 of 28

This thread got me thinking, and I can't recall ever having a golf dream.  I've had dozens of downhill skiing dreams over the past three decades and in every one of them, I've been a much faster, smoother skier than I am in real life; it's frustrating when I get out to a ski hill/mountain and can't replicate on a real slope (at least one steeper than a basic Green trail) what I could still recall from my dreams on what seemed to be Blue and Black trails.  Something similar used to happen to me in high school and college when I'd speak French in my dreams - I was fluent in my dreams but never quite made it there in real life.  I no longer have those dreams, though, as I've forgotten most of my French through non-use.

 

But it's weird that I've never had a golf dream since I've played about 10 times more golf in the past 20 years than I've skied.

post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisguy View Post
 

This thread got me thinking, and I can't recall ever having a golf dream.  I've had dozens of downhill skiing dreams over the past three decades and in every one of them, I've been a much faster, smoother skier than I am in real life; it's frustrating when I get out to a ski hill/mountain and can't replicate on a real slope (at least one steeper than a basic Green trail) what I could still recall from my dreams on what seemed to be Blue and Black trails.  Something similar used to happen to me in high school and college when I'd speak French in my dreams - I was fluent in my dreams but never quite made it there in real life.  I no longer have those dreams, though, as I've forgotten most of my French through non-use.

 

But it's weird that I've never had a golf dream since I've played about 10 times more golf in the past 20 years than I've skied.

 

I had one where I was skiing in Mammoth, and I forgot my poles and goggles up top. So, I got the ice axe out of my pack, which mysteriously appeared on my back, and started climbing back up the face only to see two other climbers making their way to the top. Next thing we knew we made the summit of Denali. I remembered my goggles and and poles were missing and one of the climbers said he had them...

 

Ah, yes. Skiing dreams... Warren Miller films are the inspiration for many a ski dream...

post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleback View Post
 

Yup, this exact one.  Sometimes a shed materializes around the tee-box which is too small to swing in.

 

Wow, I had this same dream again last night and even said to one of the other players, "This is just like that dream I was talking about on The Sandtrap".  LOL

post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleback View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleback View Post

 
Yup, this exact one.  Sometimes a shed materializes around the tee-box which is too small to swing in.

Wow, I had this same dream again last night and even said to one of the other players, "This is just like that dream I was talking about on The Sandtrap".  LOL

This is the dream, Turtleback. You need to remove the shed from that tee box. a3_biggrin.gif
post #28 of 28

Similar recurring dream as some others have cited where I am trying to find a place to tee the ball but every time my swing is obstructed.  Eventually it becomes embarrassing because I am taking so long to hit the shot.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Golf Nightmares?