or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Lefties get no respect...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lefties get no respect... - Page 2

post #19 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

Yeah, we get screwed at the stores and clubs to demo are darn near impossible to find. The only store that does a good job supplying lefties in my area is PGA Superstore, they have a very large lefty section.

It's the price we pay for being cooler than the normals.
post #20 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

lefties get screwed all the time but you should be used to it by now. Baseball gloves and hockey sticks were the same way...it does save me quite a bit of money though. i would be randomly purchasing all kinds of stuff if they had them all in lefty!!!
post #21 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

My wife is left handed. The selection for women golfers is even more limited than for men.
post #22 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

Choices for lefties is crap, this is true. I'm a lefty too...except for golf.
post #23 of 56
Thread Starter 

Re: Lefties get no respect...

I'm new to the sandtrap forums. Is there someone we can ask if they would share what percentage of members are lefties?
post #24 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

Equipment selection for lefties is poor (e.g. Mizuno - what up?!?), but it's odd how much lefty stuff there is on ebay.

But . . . beginner lefties have one slight advantage compared to righties. All the swing foldouts in Golf Digest and Golf magazine are like looking in a mirror for lefties. That has to be worth something, even if you can't actually purchase the equipment the player is using. : (
post #25 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post
Equipment selection for lefties is poor (e.g. Mizuno - what up?!?), but it's odd how much lefty stuff there is on ebay.

But . . . beginner lefties have one slight advantage compared to righties. All the swing foldouts in Golf Digest and Golf magazine are like looking in a mirror for lefties. That has to be worth something, even if you can't actually purchase the equipment the player is using. : (
Yeah, that's a big help. Thanks for pointing that out.

I came across a lefties-only website a while ago, they seem to have a pretty good selection.
http://www.leftiesonlygolf.com/index.htm

Haven't bought anything from them, though.
post #26 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

i went to a callaway demo day in august of 2009 they had one driver that was left handed and it was a ladies flex
post #27 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

I have a horror story regarding Golf Galaxy and Adams. Backchannel if interested.


It stinks being a lefty sometimes.
post #28 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

Originally Posted by Lefty-Golfer View Post
Baseball gloves and hockey sticks were the same way...!
Any quality hockey stick that you can get for right hand, can just as easily be found in left hand, except for signature sticks, they usually only come int he hand of the player that uses them. Hockey sticks arent like golf clubs(infinitely cheaper to make), and there are plenty of lefty hockey players. EVERY brand and model comes in left as well as right.
post #29 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

I think it's just one the hard truths we have to face. We're lefty, we're outcasts, we stand on the 'wrong side of the ball', but look at us from behind - we're standing on the RIGHT side of the ball!!!

I've often thought it'd be cool to open up a Ned Flanders style "Leftorium Golf Store", and get ALL the lefty business in the state. That'd show 'em!

But look at it this way, when we do get some new, cool gear, no one else can try it out!!!!!
post #30 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

Originally Posted by goob3r View Post
Yeah, we get screwed at the stores and clubs to demo are darn near impossible to find. The only store that does a good job supplying lefties in my area is PGA Superstore, they have a very large lefty section.

It's the price we pay for being cooler than the normals.
Concurred. The PGA Superstore is a godsend for this player who learned to play sports left-handed for no apparent reason.
post #31 of 56
Thread Starter 

Re: Lefties get no respect...

Sad news fellow lefties...
I contacted our forum leaders and asked how many members were lefties. They have informed me —

"Of those who have chosen "Righty" or "Lefty" (we have a few thousand who never chose one or the other), only 7.25% are "Lefty.""

I guess we will just have to settle for quality over quantity.
post #32 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

phil mickelson is a righty who plays left maybe you should learn to play right handed
post #33 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

In my area (ATL) only PGA Superstore has decent lefty selection. I end up buying most of my gear over the web. And who needs a demo day, when my basement has plenty of room for clubs i bought without trying only to find they didn't suit me.

On a different note, a T-shirt I once saw at the touristy "Leftorium" in San Francisco at Fisherman's Wharf--cracks me up:

http://www.suite101.com/view_image.cfm/550780
post #34 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

This isn't anything new... and it's not isolated in golf. Any sport, lefty equipment is more expensive and less common. Even baseball, where there are a lot of lefties. I'm just lucky enough to be ambidextrous lol... throw lefty, switch hitter in baseball, golf righty)
post #35 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

Originally Posted by MA5Bergey View Post
This isn't anything new... and it's not isolated in golf. Any sport, lefty equipment is more expensive and less common. Even baseball, where there are a lot of lefties. I'm just lucky enough to be ambidextrous lol... throw lefty, switch hitter in baseball, golf righty)
I always wanted to switch hit, but finding lefty bats was just too much of a pain in the ass.
post #36 of 56

Re: Lefties get no respect...

Originally Posted by Travtex View Post
I always wanted to switch hit, but finding lefty bats was just too much of a pain in the ass.
touche'...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Lefties get no respect...