or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Kieran123)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (Kieran123) - Page 2

post #19 of 106
Thread Starter 

Re: My Swing (Kieran123)

Man...i can nto wait to get to the range tonight and try these.

Probably go balls up, but its interesting.

Was just youtube-ing tigers and adam scotts swing and watched how straight there left arm, and right leg are on the backswing.
post #20 of 106

Re: My Swing (Kieran123)

Sorry for asking the wrong question. Been learning stack & tilt the past month, can't think of one reason to lift the front foot - apart from winning two majors doing so :D
I assume that you are swinging it conventional - disregard my question. Adding a face-on video would get you better tipps re swaying etc.

All the best!
post #21 of 106

Re: My Swing (Kieran123)

Originally Posted by James_Black View Post
Your meant to have the weight on the balls of your feet.....
I meant that it looked like he was on the balls and toes, instead of solidly balanced on the balls and heels.
post #22 of 106
Thread Starter 

Re: My Swing (Kieran123)

Ok guys,

I went to the range to work on my right leg.

How does it look now?

I was hitting it further than ever. Maybe an extra 15-20 yards. And make far more consistent contact.



Thanks!
post #23 of 106
Thread Starter 

Re: My Swing (Kieran123)

Anyone?

:)
post #24 of 106

Re: My Swing (Kieran123)

Hey, seems I asked the right question though. OK, you won't win 5 majors now...

Nice work, nice swing!

OK, next wrong question: Why is your right arm so far away from your torso? If it were nearer, could you stay on the shaft plane between P5 and P6 (downswing, arms parallel to the ground and on)?

Please post a face-on video next time!
post #25 of 106
Thread Starter 

Re: My Swing (Kieran123)

Originally Posted by Hollister View Post
Hey, seems I asked the right question though. OK, you won't win 5 majors now...

Nice work, nice swing!

OK, next wrong question: Why is your right arm so far away from your torso? If it were nearer, could you stay on the shaft plane between P5 and P6 (downswing, arms parallel to the ground and on)?

Please post a face-on video next time!

Far away form my torso at what point? I think this is me trying to keep my takeaway stright out rather than on the inside ( which it's still doing anyway :) )
post #26 of 106

Re: My Swing (Kieran123)

You'll see it at P3 and P4 (lifting your arms is a no-go with S&T), but thats not what I meant. You would see P5 and P6 at the face-on view.

I just managed to freeze the video at impact. Nice. Think you are getting good enough for a hi-speed cam now :D
post #27 of 106
Thread Starter 

My Swing ( kieran123 )

Hey guys,

I posted a thread yesterday about my hip slide, and last night I got a couple more videos with my iphone at the range....sorry about the quality of them, best i could get

Any tips?

Cheers!

Side View:



Down The Line

post #28 of 106

Re: My Swing ( kieran123 )

Tempo...tempo
post #29 of 106
Thread Starter 

Re: My Swing ( kieran123 )

Originally Posted by mazzamouth View Post
Tempo...tempo
This has always been an issue with me...my backswing is too quick....everyone I golf with says I need to slow it down but when I try, it throws everything off and I chunk it or something.
post #30 of 106

Re: My Swing ( kieran123 )

I was the same way.. Played golf with a good buddy who is a low hadicap .. he told me this at the range.. so now I have been working on it.. so far my swing feels better, Im making better contact, hitting the ball more consistent. and about the same distance.. But who wouldn't want accuracy over distance right?
post #31 of 106
Thread Starter 

Re: My Swing ( kieran123 )

Any other feedback?
post #32 of 106

Re: My Swing ( kieran123 )

lengthen the back leg in the back swing. you're squatting down in the backswing, you can't get any leverage and help from gravity if you're already in that position. plus, keeping a good tempo will be loads easier.
post #33 of 106
Thread Starter 

Re: My Swing ( kieran123 )

Originally Posted by senorchipotle View Post
lengthen the back leg in the back swing. you're squatting down in the backswing, you can't get any leverage and help from gravity if you're already in that position. plus, keeping a good tempo will be loads easier.
This is a hard thing for me to do for some reason. I try, but it still bends ( usually more than in the video )

What drills can I try to help me out with this?
post #34 of 106

Re: My Swing ( kieran123 )

Originally Posted by Kieran123 View Post
This is a hard thing for me to do for some reason. I try, but it still bends ( usually more than in the video )

What drills can I try to help me out with this?
watch this vid of erik, cause if you get your shoulder plane right, then the leg will follow suit automatically.

post #35 of 106
Thread Starter 

Re: My Swing ( kieran123 )

Originally Posted by senorchipotle View Post
watch this vid of erik, cause if you get your shoulder plane right, then the leg will follow suit automatically.

Wow, thanks. In my DTL video I see my shoulders change degrees so much:



Would this explain some pull hooks i experience? And the fact I have to stand so far from the ball to make good contact?
post #36 of 106
Thread Starter 

My Swing (Kieran123)

Here is my driver:

 

 

 

And 6 Iron:

 

 

 

Sorry, taken on iphone and only down the line as people in stalls next to me

 

Problems I am having is low flight with the Driver and hooking it every now and then, tonight was a lot better though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Kieran123)