or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (shortstop20)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (shortstop20) - Page 3

post #37 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post

My only suggestion is your takeaway is very fast ... you might try slowing down the tempo on the backswing - I find its much easier to get a fluid swing with a slower backswing.



I think that's been mentioned - to no avail.

 

post #38 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Let your right hip work up and back behind you sooner - stretch the right side of your body from the ankle to the armpit sooner (immediately when starting the backswing). This will let you rotate your shoulders more and earlier, and will help to eliminate the right elbow over-bending/over-folding.



 

I haven't been to the range lately but I recorded a dry swing earlier. Was just trying to get a feel for things. To me, this feels way inside on the backswing and way across the line but I see that the club is not inside nor across the line.

 

How's this look to you?

 

post #39 of 50

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstop20 View Post

I haven't been to the range lately but I recorded a dry swing earlier. Was just trying to get a feel for things. To me, this feels way inside on the backswing and way across the line but I see that the club is not inside nor across the line.

 

How's this look to you?


Better. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more extension in the right knee - not locked but a little less flexed - but if you can make the changes in this video with an actual golf ball sitting in front of you it should help quite a bit.

 

If you want the club a bit less across the line than it is even there, just maintain the pressure point in your right arm pit a little more. Note that you'll have to feel like your right arm never bends as well, but frankly, that's too much to think about now and you might not want to make that change anyway.

post #40 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 


Better. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more extension in the right knee - not locked but a little less flexed - but if you can make the changes in this video with an actual golf ball sitting in front of you it should help quite a bit.

 

If you want the club a bit less across the line than it is even there, just maintain the pressure point in your right arm pit a little more. Note that you'll have to feel like your right arm never bends as well, but frankly, that's too much to think about now and you might not want to make that change anyway.



Thanks.

 

I don't think I'll worry about being across the line. I was really trying to exaggerate it in the video to get rid of the laid off position. I'd be surprised if I ever end up across the line while hitting balls. 

post #41 of 50
Thread Starter 

I'm seeing some improvement, but I think I need to get my hands further in on the backswing and the shaft steeper on the backswing. 

 

Thoughts?

 

Typical shot right now is a straight shot to slight cut. 

 

 

post #42 of 50
Thread Starter 

New video....

 

post #43 of 50
Thread Starter 

Well, I have been playing much better the past month and a half. Have shot in the low 80's several times since then. 

 

As you can see, my head likes to move forward on the backswing and at the start of the downswing. Working on getting rid of that. Need to stay on top of my swing length too, gets too long sometimes. 

 

 

post #44 of 50
Thread Starter 

I'm hitting the ball pretty well for this early in the year and I'm excited with how my swing is looking.

 

post #45 of 50
Thread Starter 

Never got around to posting this, but I shot two rounds in the 70's last year.......a 76 and 77 at courses rated at 70/120 and 70.2/119. I was really happy to do that. I played a round on President's Day and surprisingly had little rust and my swing was feeling great on the back 9. 

 

Here's some swings from last year. I know I need to shorten my arm swing by keeping my right arm straighter(less bent), that is my priority this year. I'm also wondering though, do I have too much head movement and do I turn my shoulders at the correct angle? They look like they may be turning too flat?

 

 

 

post #46 of 50

Shortening your backswing is good, yes, but this video will be quite helpful:

 

http://thesandtrap.com/t/61376/5sk-video-thread/144#post_917133

 

post #47 of 50
Thread Starter 
My weight isn't far enough forward?

I'm well aware weight forward is important but I never would have thought I was lacking there.
post #48 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstop20 View Post

My weight isn't far enough forward?

I'm well aware weight forward is important but I never would have thought I was lacking there.

 

Did you watch the video? As the title indicates it has more to do with this:

 

post #49 of 50
Thread Starter 

I see now that I'm on a laptop. All I saw on my phone was "weight forward". I did watch the video though, I just wasn't sure whether you were referring me to the weight forward or the turn part. 

post #50 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstop20 View Post
 

I see now that I'm on a laptop. All I saw on my phone was "weight forward". I did watch the video though, I just wasn't sure whether you were referring me to the weight forward or the turn part. 

 

Yeah, there you go. It's still Key #2 but it's Key #2 done properly. :) Forward AND turning enough. :-D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (shortstop20)