or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › shank proof wedge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

shank proof wedge

post #1 of 47
Thread Starter 
OK, so I'm a sh...y golfer. After a 25 year layoff I'm back and having a ball.
Anyway, this is about the Black Magic Wedge which I ordered yesterday. I need a gap wedge so I ordered the 52*. It is supposed to be shank proof as it doesn't have a hosle (sp). They have a nice video review on the web site. I would like to know if anyone has used them. I'm a sucker for gadgets.
post #2 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

Awwwww man that wedge looks dodgy. Couldn't deal with that. Is it meant to be a chipper, because i can't imagine that being playable for full shots!
post #3 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

If it works for you go for it. Personally I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole! But thats just me.
post #4 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

looks like a hybrid wedge. It's different, but personally I'd swing a turd on a stick if I thought I could make a great shot each time.

Let us know how it works...
post #5 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

If you shank a wedge, why not get a complete shank proof iron set, heck, get the woods at the same time. If it only existed that is. It's incredible that they can sell equipment as being "shank proof". Can I get a slice proof club too?
post #6 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

A shank is, more or less, when you catch the ball with either edge of the club. This Black Magic Wedge may not have a hosel, but it still has edges. If you swing and catch the ball on either edge I guarantee your shot will still suck.

The sole is very rounded, long, and flat. It's not going to be very useful in rough. From the fairway or the fringe, though, it might be easier to use in the same way as a chipper.
post #7 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

I'm not trying to be negative or someone who seems to know more than you, but shouldn't you be able to do things with a wedge other than chip? I can answer that question myself...yes. This thing definitely looks like a chipper, which would be great for a bump and run, but what about a pitch or a flop shot? Just wondering, not trying to be a douchebag about things because if it works for you that's great.
Chipping/pitching to me is one of the easiest things to work on if you have any size yard at all so maybe you can get good with this thing or work with your other wedges to quit the shanking. Good luck man!
post #8 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
Can I get a slice proof club too?
As a matter of fact you can
post #9 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

Originally Posted by nuck81 View Post
... but personally I'd swing a turd on a stick if I thought I could make a great shot each time.
That's funny
post #10 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

Originally Posted by nuck81 View Post
looks like a hybrid wedge. It's different, but personally I'd swing a turd on a stick if I thought I could make a great shot each time.

Let us know how it works...
Wow. haha. i wouldn't.
post #11 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

Um... What is this thing? Can someone post a picture?

And to the OP, can you like... learn not to shank it? I have hosels on all my clubs, but I generally don't use them to hit the ball.
post #12 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

Originally Posted by Shanks A Million View Post
Can someone post a picture?
Wedge

post #13 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

Originally Posted by Shanks A Million View Post
And to the OP, can you like... learn not to shank it? I have hosels on all my clubs, but I generally don't use them to hit the ball.
That's some funny stuff!!
post #14 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

That club looks ugly, would be interesting to see how it plays though.
post #15 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

Holy crap. That thing looks like someone took a black egg and cut it in half, then put it on a stick.
post #16 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

I love when the douchebags come out to comment. They'll tell you how you can't 'pure' a shot with that club. How most people have never 'pured' a shot.

F them. Hey, if that club works for you, great. Hope it does. Good luck-
post #17 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

Originally Posted by mattttt25 View Post
I love when the douchebags come out to comment. They'll tell you how you can't 'pure' a shot with that club. How most people have never 'pured' a shot.

F them. Hey, if that club works for you, great. Hope it does. Good luck-
Interesting, because not one person here has mentioned "puring" shots with this club, so either you're suffering from dementia, or you're an idiot. The only thing we've said is this thing is a gimick, and it's ugly. As a 25 handicap, I doubt you "pure" many shots period.
post #18 of 47

Re: shank proof wedge

Originally Posted by Shanks A Million View Post
Interesting, because not one person here has mentioned "puring" shots with this club, so either you're suffering from dementia, or you're an idiot. The only thing we've said is this thing is a gimick, and it's ugly. As a 25 handicap, I doubt you "pure" many shots period.
True Dat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › shank proof wedge