or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › A very odd driver
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A very odd driver

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I have recently picked up a set of clubs (used) and one of them is apparently a driver since it says driver on the club... I have asked everyone i know and searched the driver up online but cannot seem to find anything about it. Its pretty old cause i looked up the address to the company and they are no longer in business. It is a ( "par" lay ) driver that looks like an iron from a company called Practical Golfrers Aid. The address of the company was 66rospect st. manchester N.H. Didnt know if it was rare or what, getting ready to try it out soon to see how it hits. But if anyone knows anything about please tell me. It would be nice if it was worth some money as well haha.
Thank you
millerman86
post #2 of 11

Re: A very odd driver

is this what you have? Looks like an OLD driving iron. The listing doesn't give much info...but i'm guessing it's not going to fetch a pretty penny though, i.e. not old enough to truly be an antique.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Collector-Rare-C...9#ht_624wt_911
post #3 of 11

Re: A very odd driver

Originally Posted by drglew View Post
is this what you have? Looks like an OLD driving iron. The listing doesn't give much info...but i'm guessing it's not going to fetch a pretty penny though, i.e. not old enough to truly be an antique.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Collector-Rare-C...9#ht_624wt_911
I don't think that's what he's talking about.

Does it look like a low lofted hybrid?

edit:
Read the post again.
Any chance of a picture?
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 

Re: A very odd driver

drglew...... thank you very much, that is the identical driver to what i have. I wont lie i was hoping it would be a rare collectors club but none the less it is old. I am going to hang on to it to see how it will work on par 3s and 4s since it doesnt appear to be a long distance driver. It will definatly be a conversation starter with the guys i golf with when they see it. I appreciate they effort used it finding this club, I searcdhed online for 2 days but couldnt find nothing, not even the page you found. Thanks again.
post #5 of 11

Re: A very odd driver

Good luck with the thing. The true "driving iron" concept i think pretty much died when hybrids came out; remember those infomercials for "The Controller"? I always wondered if that club was actually as easy to hit as they commercial claimed.
post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 

Re: A very odd driver

ok.... so I went out golfing yesterday and tryed the Par lay driver.... it was horrible and due to the 1960's grip and shorter shaft i ended up throwing the club nearly as far as the ball went.... not a good driver hahaha.
post #7 of 11

I CAN MAKE IT WORK BY CLOSING CLUBFACE ABT 5-10 DEGREES,, LOVE THE FEEL  LOVE THE LOOK..

I WILL USE IT  FOR SURE   RIP TERMO

post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by drglew View Post

Good luck with the thing. The true "driving iron" concept i think pretty much died when hybrids came out; remember those infomercials for "The Controller"? I always wondered if that club was actually as easy to hit as they commercial claimed.

 

NOTHING is as good as or as easy as the infomercial says.

post #9 of 11

All I got from the link was horse figures... lol

post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

All I got from the link was horse figures... lol

Me too.
post #11 of 11

When I clicked on the link, it went to a thimble collection.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › A very odd driver