or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The Haney Project: Rush Limbaugh
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Haney Project: Rush Limbaugh - Page 15

post #253 of 267

It looks like this season has only eight episodes. I don't remember the previous two seasons being so short.

post #254 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post


1) My comment about talent was referring to Diane Warren vs. Beyonce.  Had nothing to do with golf instruction.



My point was that talent and success are not related.  Dianne Warren is far, far more talented than Beyoncè, but has far less to show for it.  Jay Graydon is a far better guitar player than Eric Clapton, but who here has heard of him?  Talent does not equal success.  Never has, maybe never will.  Success is in much part based on luck.

post #255 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks A Million View Post



My point was that talent and success are not related.  Dianne Warren is far, far more talented than Beyoncè, but has far less to show for it.  Jay Graydon is a far better guitar player than Eric Clapton, but who here has heard of him?  Talent does not equal success.  Never has, maybe never will.  Success is in much part based on luck.


And I am agreeing with you.  Success can sometimes be due in part to being in the right place at the right time, etc.  And, just as likely, success can be due in part to talent.  It depends.  To use your musical background idea, is Stevie Wonder a success because he was talented?  Of course.  Is Lady Gaga?  Not so much. Sorry if I insulted any Lady Gaga fans out there.gasp.gif

post #256 of 267
Talent and success probably have a loose correlation, but not a strong one. You generally have to have some talent to be very successful, it's just that the very most, top .01% of the successful is dictated by many factors other than talent. The next top .02-10% of the successful (below the radar to the average public) are often more dictated by talent since the field is larger and popularity much lower (hence fewer politics, etc). Take politics even, members of congress are rarely the most qualified politicians to be there, but if you look at the next step down of politicians, you'll find plenty of more qualified ones. The criteria for filling the top .01% of the successful is just too varied to be dictated by talent alone, but that's different from a lack of correlation between success and talent on the whole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post




And I am agreeing with you.  Success can sometimes be due in part to being in the right place at the right time, etc.  And, just as likely, success can be due in part to talent.  It depends.  To use your musical background idea, is Stevie Wonder a success because he was talented?  Of course.  Is Lady Gaga?  Not so much. Sorry if I insulted any Lady Gaga fans out there.gasp.gif


Hm, actually, I believe you somehow picked a poor example from a sea of good ones. My understanding is that Gaga is actually quite a talented piano player and singer, she just happens to have found niche to fill in the pop music world. But I think you can pick Ke$ha, Black Eyed Peas, or almost anyone else currently at the top of the US Billboard, though, to make your point. b2_tongue.gif
post #257 of 267


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

It is tough to watch the show. On one hand, it will be the most entertaining. Limbaugh is one of the those guys where, if you're smart, you roll your eyes and not take in anything he says. And he says a lot of words in an entertaining manner.

 

On the other hand, his fans seem to take him seriously, he thinks he is a great American, a great listener, etc., and knows he is influential. And to put it as nicely as possible,he makes his money by dividing people in a questionable manner and using the type of rhetoric that dehumanizes people he opposes.

 



Sound like anyone you know?

post #258 of 267

My wife and I enjoy watching golf shows but we've really had to force ourselves with this season's Project. We keep waiting for either instructional value or entertaining personalities, and prior to watching this week's show we'd seen neither. So as we were queueing it up on the DVR to watch it last night I said to my wife, "If he does one more chest thump I swear I am turning it off - you ok with that?" She agreed. Then sure enough, in one of the first scenes of Rush (not flashback/recap because you know you're going to see it there, I'm talking new footage) we get that ridiculous thump. True to my word, I turned it off, deleted the episode, and deleted the rest of the scheduled recordings.

 

I'm about as much of a conservative as they come, but life's too short to spend time watching this big blowhard.

post #259 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacm3bill View Post

My wife and I enjoy watching golf shows but we've really had to force ourselves with this season's Project. We keep waiting for either instructional value or entertaining personalities, and prior to watching this week's show we'd seen neither. So as we were queueing it up on the DVR to watch it last night I said to my wife, "If he does one more chest thump I swear I am turning it off - you ok with that?" She agreed. Then sure enough, in one of the first scenes of Rush (not flashback/recap because you know you're going to see it there, I'm talking new footage) we get that ridiculous thump. True to my word, I turned it off, deleted the episode, and deleted the rest of the scheduled recordings.

 

I'm about as much of a conservative as they come, but life's too short to spend time watching this big blowhard.

 

I found a lot of instructional value in the last episode. Talking about sand shots, fairway bunkers, hitting off tiled lies.

I love the "blowhard" comments lol. Can you think of your own word?


 

post #260 of 267

I'm am not the biggest Rush fan by any means but I must admit, the dude is funny.  I certainly wasn't expecting that from him which is entertaining.

post #261 of 267

Another 30 minutes tonight with Haney and Rush

 

- no instruction tonight (not a surprise)

- Rush hit some nice shots (not a surprise)

- Rush hit 10 shots in a row with a hybrid on one hole before he got a good one - told Haney that he hit 4 out of bounds (that was a surprise)

- Rush promoted the next show (no surprise)

 

-- More boring than I expected (SURPRISE)

post #262 of 267

I think the most off-putting thing about the last episode was when Rush was talking about having "multiple orgasms."  lips-sealed.gif

 

He is the last person I want to associate with the word orgasm...

post #263 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattshaver View Post

I think the most off-putting thing about the last episode was when Rush was talking about having "multiple orgasms."  lips-sealed.gif

 

He is the last person I want to associate with the word orgasm...


Indeed.
 

post #264 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 


I'm tempted to stop watching simply due to the stupid, repeated chest thumping. Does Rush know how dumb that makes him look? Seriously, come up with another move.

 

But Hank Haney was using a MacBook Pro, so now we're going to try to get a copy of Analyzr Pro to him. ;-)


Yes that is so annoying he is way too old and fat to be acting like frat boy

post #265 of 267

Rush shoots 83 with a dozen people watching and filming him in the final episode - wins a membership to The El Dorado in Mexico for shooting under 85.

 

I think he also got a case of vodka, and a box of his favorite cigars for meeting some personal challenges.

 

Though Rush is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, it was obvious that he was excited to "win" these paltry trinkets.

 

I'm glad it is over...waiting to see who they have on next season.

post #266 of 267

I found the last espisode a lot of fun to watch, it was a lot more entertaining than the ray romano ending with some gift challenges and a lot of light fun going on like the glass pane breakage. also did not have to see hanks wife hovering around a lot for the last couple of espisodes so that was a big plus. there was of course very little golf instructions visible in any of the espisodes. I originally thought I might as a new golfer gleen some instructional data from the espisodes but it was far and few between.  however, recovering from a torn menicus and unable to do any real movement keep me away from the range so I looked to the boob tube way more than I would normally have.

post #267 of 267

Just watched all series of the haney project. I Didn't know who some of these people were. Only Knew Barkely and Sugar and Romano and Adam Levine. Enjoyed the show. However i would not want to be coached by a guy who i botched Tiger Woods swing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The Haney Project: Rush Limbaugh