or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
I'm thinking to re-grip my irons from Mizuno M20 stock grip to Tour Wrap 2G. Any words on the Tour Wrap 2G? Thanks.
post #2 of 22

Re: Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?

I love em but they get slick easily. Good thing is they don't soak in water so you can wipe them off easily.
post #3 of 22

Re: Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?

I have them (I think they're the 2G, not 100% sure) and I like them fairly well. I find that they attract dust during the round which reduces tackiness, but it comes back very quickly if you wipe them with a damp cloth and then dry them again. I think I'll probably go to a different grip next time around, but I'm certainly as happy with these as I was with the old Tour Velvets. Only real problem is that they tend to stick to each other and make it hard to get them in the bag unless the shafts are aligned just right....
post #4 of 22
Thread Starter 

Re: Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?

I left my all of my clubs except putter at Golfdom to get TourWrap 2G. I will pick it up tomorrow and will play 2 rounds over this weekend then will leave feedback here. :)
post #5 of 22

Re: Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?

I have them on all my clubs I like them a lot but they do get slick. It was already said but they wipe off easy so it's not a big deal.
post #6 of 22

Re: Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?

I tried one out on a fairway wood ,, it was,nt too bad but I like the older tour rap better. So I,ll stick with the Winn DSi,s.
post #7 of 22

Re: Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?

These grips are good, but they do get slick with a little sweat. That is the main reason I prefer the tour velvets.
post #8 of 22

Re: Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?

I've decided I like them quite a bit. Not sure I'd get them again (at least until I've tried a few others), but I decided to go ahead and grip the rest of my clubs (other than driver) with them to match my irons. Partly it's just nice having the same feel on all the clubs. I haven't found a problem with sweat. Partly that's because it's dry down here, I'm sure. For me, it's really the dust that kills the tack, so I actually like to wipe them down with a damp towel when they start to feel slippery.
post #9 of 22

Re: Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?

I asked my club guy why they tried to improve on the original and he said that they last too long. It's a conspiracy I tell you.

Can anyone comment on the wear factor?
post #10 of 22
Thread Starter 

Re: Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?

just came back after playing a round of golf with Tour Wrap 2G on my clubs.

Condition: Sunny, 85-88 degree, Humidity: 55%, 5-8 mph wind.

When my hands were dry, the best grip I have ever used (GP Tour Velvet, GP Softie, Winn Excel, Winn AVS).
PRO: Firmness is just right, not too hard/stiff, but not too soft like Winn Excel or GP Softie. Very tacky to hands, not like Tour Velvet.
CON: When my hand gets little wet by sweat, the light pressure points (fingers other than my leading hand's 3rd, 4th, and 5th fingers) were slipped at impact. 3W, 5 iron, few times. it was considerably HOT day (2 O'clock tee time at link style course, no trees on holes). But then, I wiped my hands before hitting a ball, it was very tacky and felt good.

I am worrying its performance on rainy days or high humidity days (we get that alot..).. but just prediction by today's feedback. I could be wrong.
When I get to play those kinda days, I will report it again.

Oh.. I don't wear gloves.
post #11 of 22

Re: Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?

Originally Posted by PiustheDrGolf View Post
just came back after playing a round of golf with Tour Wrap 2G on my clubs.

Condition: Sunny, 85-88 degree, Humidity: 55%, 5-8 mph wind.

When my hands were dry, the best grip I have ever used (GP Tour Velvet, GP Softie, Winn Excel, Winn AVS).
PRO: Firmness is just right, not too hard/stiff, but not too soft like Winn Excel or GP Softie. Very tacky to hands, not like Tour Velvet.
CON: When my hand gets little wet by sweat, the light pressure points (fingers other than my leading hand's 3rd, 4th, and 5th fingers) were slipped at impact. 3W, 5 iron, few times. it was considerably HOT day (2 O'clock tee time at link style course, no trees on holes). But then, I wiped my hands before hitting a ball, it was very tacky and felt good.

I am worrying its performance on rainy days or high humidity days (we get that alot..).. but just prediction by today's feedback. I could be wrong.
When I get to play those kinda days, I will report it again.

Oh.. I don't wear gloves.
I am also a no glove guy. I have the original Tour Wraps and wipe them down every shot to get the tack working especially when it is hot.
post #12 of 22

Re: Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?

I have slight arthritis in my fingers, so I put the Midsize Tour Wrap 2G's on all my clubs (except putter).

I didn't realize what a difference the larger midsize grips would make on my hands.

I like them very much.....I play in Tampa year round...so I deal with heat, humidity & persperation.

I also have a steel rod and 13 metal screws in my left wrist, so the tour wrap also helps absorb ground shock.
post #13 of 22

The grips themselves are quite good in a dry environment, even in the rain they perform reasonably well. But in humid environments where sweat on the grips is an issue they are poor indeed. Many have said carry a damp towel and wipe them down, use resin or some other moisture absorbent material. I don't know about others but I have more important things to focus on when playing. I would/have switched to cord or half cord grips so I can concentrate on golf rather than condition of the grips.

 

 

post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparman426 View Post

Just don't play in the rain with those 2G's.  Finally had a chance to play Bell Bay in Nova Scotia and of course, it rained just enough to soak everything, and kept at it all day.  Not down pouring, but more than a drizzle.  The super tacky 2G (which I love, because it's hot and dry here is Sask) turned the clubs into slippery eels.  One hole where I had to blast over some trees had me tossing my nine iron over 50 paces away, ha ha.  Totally blew my confidence for rest of the round.  Even on half shots, I had to strangle the grip so hard I might have well been using a baseball bat.  In the dry though, entirely different animal.

 

It's the only grip that ever allowed me to toss a club.

 

From:  http://thesandtrap.com/t/46768/golf-pride-tour-velvet-vs-tour-wrap-2g/18#post_642763

 

post #15 of 22

I personally liked them when I had them they would get slick but if they are wiped down they get better. I currently play with golf pride new decade multi compound white outs. hope it helps.

post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post

These grips are good, but they do get slick with a little sweat. That is the main reason I prefer the tour velvets.

I have the same problem, and I live in Cleveland Ohio where it's very moist and humid most of the summer because of Lake Erie.  Best advice any one ever gave me, go buy the Karma Overwrap grips.

 

I installed these on my last set of clubs and LOVED THEM!  I got new MP-59's this year.  They were a demo set and wanted to get rid of the demo grips so I had Golf Pride Multi-Compound grips installed because the "tech" at GG suggested I use them since they "are the best for people who sweat"... Well let me tell you, I will never put another grip on my clubs other than Karma.

 

Golf Pride grips set me back $9 something a club and they performed HORRIBLY in damp weather, sweaty hands... You name it, unless it was perfectly dry it was a no go. 

post #17 of 22

I like them on my woods and hybrids, but they wear out too fast, and like already has been mentioned, suck when wet.  The PURE Grips P2 wrap is much better.  Tackier, still tacky when wet, and next to impossible to wear out!

 

P2_black.jpg

post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock35ipsc View Post

I like them on my woods and hybrids, but they wear out too fast, and like already has been mentioned, suck when wet.  The PURE Grips P2 wrap is much better.  Tackier, still tacky when wet, and next to impossible to wear out!

 

P2_black.jpg


The original Tour Wraps never wore out like the 2gs do. A club maker told m that they quit making them because they lasted too long. I am starting to believe him.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?