or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Comprehensive Camera for Filming your Golf Swing Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Comprehensive Camera for Filming your Golf Swing Thread - Page 10

post #163 of 176
I finally broke down and purchased a casio fc150 off of ebay. Hopefully this will be a good camera for me. Any body know anything about it?
post #164 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by poser View Post

I've had the casio before great camera but, they are so expensive because of the limited quantity.  I picked up a canon elph 300 HS it does 120 and 240fps and I honestly think it beats the casio fc 100 my freind has.  Also it can be picked up at bestbuy for 180 bucks.

Hi

Would you still recommend this camera ? Its been over a year since you posted . I'm planning on using this and then exporting it to my Daughters Ipad. I just downloaded a free swing program called , Ubersense for using with her Ipad.  I have to make sure I can transfer what I record to her Ipad. I'm horrible with Technology so I better check before I buy the camera. I hate to buy this and find out I can't transfer it to her Ipad.

 Thanks

 Ralph

post #165 of 176

JVC launched this earlier this year.  F1.2 means it gather a lot of light in low light situations.  I have no idea if it is any good and it is pricey! 

 

http://newsroom.jvc.com/press-releases/camcorder/new-flagship-jvc-camera-designed-to-capture-fast-moving-action/

post #166 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthecup View Post

JVC launched this earlier this year.  F1.2 means it gather a lot of light in low light situations.  I have no idea if it is any good and it is pricey! 

 

http://newsroom.jvc.com/press-releases/camcorder/new-flagship-jvc-camera-designed-to-capture-fast-moving-action/

 

Yeah, I looked into that one too. No manual shutter speed in the higher framerate modes. :(

 

And the high speed resolutions weren't all that great either.

post #167 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

Yeah, I looked into that one too. No manual shutter speed in the higher framerate modes. :(

 

And the high speed resolutions weren't all that great either.

I didn't dig that deep, sometimes I don't know what they are thinking.  I am lucky I have a Casio EX-FH100, it was miss placed for a week and I was seriously bummed because I know it was impossible to replace.  The the Casio I can get indoor video at 120 fps, it may be under exposed but it is usable.

post #168 of 176

Yet another camera forum, but please help!

All,

 

I'm sure I'm going to get sent to my room for this post, but I've been poring through these forums and about 15 different websites for nearly 2 hours and my head is spinning. I'm trying to determine whether or not I want to buy a Casio Exilim HS EX-Z300 or a GoPro Silver edition to start finally filming my swing . It seems I can get each for around $225. 

 

What would everyone recommend? Also, how much ancillary equipment (tripods, mounts, memory cards, etc.) would I need for each and need to pay? Can I stay under $300?

 

Thanks

post #169 of 176

Found a Casio Exilim FC200s for a good price. Casio website says it's the "ultimate golfing camera". I guess that's because it does 240 fps at 512x348. However, how do I know if I can manually adjust the shutter speed as so many people here say is important? Reading the specs, all I see for "Shutter Type" is "Auto up to 1/2000." Does that mean it's notmanual. Is anyone familiar with this model? I know nothing about cameras, but I hope to buy one that is useful. Thanks

post #170 of 176
I have the go pro hero 3 silver edition I think 120 FPS or so at wvga which is 800x480. So not that great as far as frame size goes check out some videos on you tube lots of people have done them with go pros. I am going to try one using mine in member swings probably next week. Other then that my canon rebel eos T3i only goes to 60fps but I can make that camera my bi@tch with custom apertures and shutter speeds but your looking at almost $1000 as well.
post #171 of 176

I'd probably recommend a Casio over the GoPro models simply because you can more easily watch your swing playback on the device, can trim, and because it's not a massive wide angle like the GoPro.

post #172 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

I'd probably recommend a Casio over the GoPro models simply because you can more easily watch your swing playback on the device, can trim, and because it's not a massive wide angle like the GoPro.

I agree big time. I totally forgot how wide my angle is on that thing. Good point.
post #173 of 176

I've just seen a swing sequence posted on a blog that apparently was filmed with an ipad and the Swing Plane app. The quality looked very good. The driver shaft was clear at impact, and the swing in question was a long drive swing - so not slow! My Panasonic digital camcorder doesn't produce results anything like that. Is an ipad a decent alternative to a Casio for swing analysis?

post #174 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by birlyshirly View Post
 

I've just seen a swing sequence posted on a blog that apparently was filmed with an ipad and the Swing Plane app. The quality looked very good. The driver shaft was clear at impact, and the swing in question was a long drive swing - so not slow! My Panasonic digital camcorder doesn't produce results anything like that. Is an ipad a decent alternative to a Casio for swing analysis?

 

Link to the video/blog?

post #175 of 176

On the assumption that there's no rule here about links to other instructor sites/blogs - http://montescheinblum.wordpress.com/2013/09/03/long-drive-swing-sequence/

 

I have a Panasonic digital camcorder with a sports setting, and with a separate manual control of shutter speed. It doesn't capture the club through impact with anything like the clarity shown on the link.

 

The good news is, I do have an ipad lying about. I've just never considered that it would be that useful for filming my swing. Maybe an (old model) Casio would be better in some ways. But the new models don't seem as good, and I'm not ready to pay hundreds for a second hand digital camera with no warranty.

 

Would be good to hear more about what the ipad and one or other apps is capable of - but it looks promising. 

post #176 of 176

Been following the Apple iPhone 5S updates and just said that it can record slo-mo videos at 720p HD at 120fps. 

 

Quote:
From Wired.com: 
The camera also has a slo-mo mode. We see a slo-mo video of someone flipping into a pool. It captures 720p HD video at 120 fps. Normal video is 30 fps. You can select what part you want to be slow motion in the video and it looks completely natural, with no loss of quality, Schiller says. 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Comprehensive Camera for Filming your Golf Swing Thread