or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Quickie Pitching Video - Golf Pitch Shot Technique
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Quickie Pitching Video - Golf Pitch Shot Technique - Page 15

post #253 of 541
This whole thing is a perfect example of you can lead a horse to water but you can't teach em how to pitch. No wait that's not right is it?
post #254 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post



I like the stare you give the video before you take your swing. I am thinking you are thinking, "Hey you watch this". 

Awesome job though. When you hit a good pitch shot you get that very short clip sound that the club really picks the ball off the ground. 

Famous last words... Hey y'all, hold my beer and watch this! a2_wink.gif
post #255 of 541

Ok ,at least I'm in good company,Phil,Lee and me- all wrong.......but still not quite convinced.

post #256 of 541
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

Is there something wrong with what Mickelson and Trevino have shown.

 

I highlighted the important word:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

They're SHOWING precisely what I have instructed golfers to do.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

I did not realize that there was such a big blind spot when it comes to flipping the wrists at impact.This includes the full swing as well.

 

This thread isn't about the full swing. For the full swing, I'll refer you to Key #3 here: http://purestrike5sk.com/ .

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

Am I the only one that thinks flipping the club at impact is a common  AM problem that PROs don't have.

 

Yes. Huge issue. Probably the biggest in golf. But for the full swing…

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

Iacas, & David in FL...thanks for the input.All I can say is that pros have firm non-flipping left wrists at impact and I will go with Mickelson and Trevino on this.

 

Good. I'll refer you to the images above.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

Like the putting action,the wrists need to be taken out of the equation thus removing the flippy inconsistencies.

 

The putting motion involves a little wrist action as well. OT for this thread, but… just thought I'd share. :D

post #257 of 541
Shhhh, secret sauce! Makes the Hogan Roll taste less dry.
post #258 of 541
ARE YOU POSTING on a phone or something that DOES NOT let you see PICTURES?
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post

Ok ,at least I'm in good company,Phil,Lee and me- all wrong.......but still not quite convinced.
post #259 of 541
Freedrop do you really think what your watching is happing how you are describing it? Phil is not I repeat IS NOT doing what he is saying at 1;01. You don't understand that what Phil is saying and what he is doing isn't one in the same.
post #260 of 541

Thanks all ,good debate,doesn't look like anyone is crossing lines though.

post #261 of 541
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

Ok ,at least I'm in good company,Phil,Lee and me- all wrong.......but still not quite convinced.

 

Let's look at the pictures posted:

 

Originally Posted by cipher View Post



Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

So if you're in the Phil/Lee camp, you're in the camp that bends or breaks or folds the lead wrist. Just like I talk about in the first video.

post #262 of 541

This kinda remind of Zoolander. 

post #263 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Freedrop do you really think what your watching is happing how you are describing it? Phil is not I repeat IS NOT doing what he is saying at 1;01. You don't understand that what Phil is saying and what he is doing isn't one in the same.

Jakester....it is a matter of split second timing,I think you are picking up on the action too late in the swing.

post #264 of 541
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

Jakester....it is a matter of split second timing,I think you are picking up on the action too late in the swing.

 

Did you look at the picture of me hitting pitches?

 

What is your point now? Because we've shown you pretty convincingly that what Phil and Lee SAY they are doing is not what they are ACTUALLY doing.

 

The wrist isn't flipped PRIOR to impact, but it isn't IN MY PITCHING TECHNIQUE either.

post #265 of 541

IACAS....a slightly cupped wrist may be due to a more open face being used for a shorter higher shot,but the wrist is not flipping at impact.....David in FL is flipping.

post #266 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

Again, what he says is not what he actually does. Check out those Trevino pics I posted.

 

Demonstrating on the left, real shot on the right. Can see how quickly the club/shaft passes.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

Jakester....it is a matter of split second timing,I think you are picking up on the action too late in the swing.

Dude, if you can't CLEARLY see that what Phil is DESCRIBING he's going to do (left picture) and what he ACTUALLY does (right picture) are two completely different actions, then I don't really know what to tell you.

 

And nobody is saying that Lee, Phil, etc. don't know how to pitch (quite the opposite, actually) ... we're simply saying that they don't really know how to explain it well.  They are doing it right, they just don't know exactly what it is that they're doing. ;)

post #267 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

 They are doing it right, they just don't know exactly what it is that they're doing. ;)

Golfingdad......I think saying Phil and Lee don't know exactly what it is they are doing ,but you do, is a bit rich.

post #268 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGleno View Post

ARE YOU POSTING on a phone or something that DOES NOT let you see PICTURES?
Perhaps the pictures aren't loud enough? Does anyone know how to adjust the volume on them?
post #269 of 541
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

IACAS....a slightly cupped wrist may be due to a more open face being used for a shorter higher shot,but the wrist is not flipping at impact.....David in FL is flipping.

 

You can't say @David in FL is flipping PRIOR to impact. You don't know that. After all, you think Phil and Lee aren't flipping at all, when clearly they are.

 

I'm not using a "more open" clubface in the video I've included in posts above. That's incorrect.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Dude, if you can't CLEARLY see that what Phil is DESCRIBING he's going to do (left picture) and what he ACTUALLY does (right picture) are two completely different actions, then I don't really know what to tell you.

 

QFT.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

And nobody is saying that Lee, Phil, etc. don't know how to pitch (quite the opposite, actually) ... we're simply saying that they don't really know how to explain it well.  They are doing it right, they just don't know exactly what it is that they're doing. ;)

 

Ditto (QFT2).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

Golfingdad......I think saying Phil and Lee don't know exactly what it is they are doing ,but you do, is a bit rich.

 

Do you not see the many pictures of "what they do?" It's not "rich" to use your eyes to recognize basic shapes.

 

Phil and Lee SAY they do one thing, but then DO something different. What they ACTUALLY do is very much inline with what I describe in this video and others.

post #270 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

Golfingdad......I think saying Phil and Lee don't know exactly what it is they are doing ,but you do, is a bit rich.

 

Just use some common sense and look at the pictures.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Quickie Pitching Video - Golf Pitch Shot Technique