or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Courses and Architecture › Map out your trip within a 500 mile radius of where you live!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Map out your trip within a 500 mile radius of where you live!

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I was bored at work and was planning a week long trip with my friend... our goal is to play all the courses we want within a 500 mile radius.

Alright, heres the agenda for 5 days.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour....27124&t=h&z=7

Monday - leave Seattle and tee off at Chambers Bay early morning. Drive down to Portland afterwards.

Tuesday - tee off at Pumpkin Ridge in the morning. Start the long drive down to Bandon Dunes.

Wednesday - Play 36 holes - Bandon Dunes and Old MacDonald

Thursday - Play 18 holes in the morning - Pacific Dunes or Bandon Trails. Start the long drive out to Eastern Washington. Sleep somewhere between Portland and Palouse Ridge.

Friday - Arrive at Palouse Ridge in the afternoon. Play 18 holes in the afternoon at Palouse Ridge.

Saturday - drive back to Seattle....and maybe stick another round at Prospector in the afternoon before heading home.

This would probably add for one of the most exhausting trips...but most I've played is 7 rounds in one week before...exhausting part is going to be the driving btu I think its doable.
post #2 of 12

Re: Map out your trip within a 500 mile radius of where you live!

Great trip. If you have time, you should stop at Diamond Woods golf course just off I5 between Corvallis and Eugene. The course isn't in the same league as some of the others you are playing, but one of the best courses for the price I've ever experienced.

Reviews http://courses.golfreview.com/cat/pa...3_3838crx.aspx

Website and rates. http://www.diamondwoods.com/golf-course/course-rates

map http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...,0.883026&z=10
post #3 of 12

Re: Map out your trip within a 500 mile radius of where you live!

Try to find time for Apple Tree in Yakima. Great course
post #4 of 12

Re: Map out your trip within a 500 mile radius of where you live!

Where's the trip to the mortgage broker to take out a second mortgage on the house to pay for all of this? :p

I'd probably drive around the state of Alabama and play all of the RTJ Trail courses.
post #5 of 12

Re: Map out your trip within a 500 mile radius of where you live!

Great Courses, but the drive from Bandon to Eastern Washington is the flaw in your plan. Spend more time at Bandon. You won't regret it.

Save Palouse Ridge and Prospector (plus Apple Tree, Wine Valley, Coeur D'Alene, and Circling Raven) for another trip.
post #6 of 12

Re: Map out your trip within a 500 mile radius of where you live!

Im not going to go into great details but since I did the right thing and got engaged last night (thank you thank you) I can now jet off on a 3 or 4 day golf trip and get the big ones udner my belt. kapalua in maui, mauna kea on the big island, princeville on Kauai and Manele on Lana'i :):):):) Thats all well within 500 miles. Shoot if I had a good fast boat I'd do it by boat, but Hawaiian Airlines will have to do.
I hate to piss people off (sometimes it's fun rubbing it in though) But I may do this in december or January when its nice and cool (72-78 degrees) and I probably wont pay more than $100 at any of those courses except maybe manele.
post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 

Re: Map out your trip within a 500 mile radius of where you live!

Originally Posted by dmccrory View Post
Great Courses, but the drive from Bandon to Eastern Washington is the flaw in your plan. Spend more time at Bandon. You won't regret it.

Save Palouse Ridge and Prospector (plus Apple Tree, Wine Valley, Coeur D'Alene, and Circling Raven) for another trip.
Actually, my friend and I met last night at Golf Galaxy and had a discussion about this and I think we may take you up on your suggestion. We may skip Palouse as its a lonnnnng drive. But him being a WSU grad, he definitely wants to play sometime soon.

Hopefully we'll get to play all 4 bandon courses...another course i want to fit in is my old home course, Langdon Farms near Canby. Grew up playing that course almost every day with my lowest score of 68 there when I was 17.
post #8 of 12

Re: Map out your trip within a 500 mile radius of where you live!

That is alot of driving. I'd second the recommendation of staying around Bandon.

Just north of Bandon, there's a little town called Florence and a course called Sandpines. Might be worth a visit.

http://www.sandpines.com/index.php

I would do CB, Bandon 1/Bandon 2, Bandon 3/Bandon 4, Bandon 5/Bandon 6, Pumpkin, CB.

That could be expensive, golf wise, thus I mentioned Sandpines to ease up on the wallet. Plus I really like CB, even though I haven't played it, but I'd want to play it twice.

500 miles around where I live is nothing but traffic, ha ha.
post #9 of 12

Re: Map out your trip within a 500 mile radius of where you live!

Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
500 miles around where I live is nothing but traffic, ha ha.
And PRIVATE courses. Youve got Winged foot, Quaker Ridge, Wykagyl and Westchester and a few others all within 20 miles. With tall fences :( I miss westchester for about an hour a year.
post #10 of 12

Re: Map out your trip within a 500 mile radius of where you live!

Originally Posted by Joeyvee View Post
Im not going to go into great details but since I did the right thing and got engaged last night (thank you thank you) I can now jet off on a 3 or 4 day golf trip and get the big ones udner my belt. kapalua in maui, mauna kea on the big island, princeville on Kauai and Manele on Lana'i :):):):) Thats all well within 500 miles. Shoot if I had a good fast boat I'd do it by boat, but Hawaiian Airlines will have to do.
I hate to piss people off (sometimes it's fun rubbing it in though) But I may do this in december or January when its nice and cool (72-78 degrees) and I probably wont pay more than $100 at any of those courses except maybe manele.

Congrats on the engagement !

Play 36 if you go to Lanai. The Challenge and the Experience. You can play both for almost the same price.
The replay rate is cheap and applies to either course I believe.
Played there a couple of months ago, Wow !! The Challenge is like Pebble Beach [almost]. The experience # 17
is awesome elevated tee about 250' above the fairway. You never have to leave Maui/Lanai, plenty of golf right there.

http://www.golf-maui.com/COURSE_REVIEWS.htm
post #11 of 12

Re: Map out your trip within a 500 mile radius of where you live!

Originally Posted by sam004 View Post
Congrats on the engagement !

Play 36 if you go to Lanai. The Challenge and the Experience. You can play both for almost the same price.
The replay rate is cheap and applies to either course I believe.
Played there a couple of months ago, Wow !! The Challenge is like Pebble Beach [almost]. The experience # 17
is awesome elevated tee about 250' above the fairway. You never have to leave Maui/Lanai, plenty of golf right there.

http://www.golf-maui.com/COURSE_REVIEWS.htm
Thanks!
I already played the experience. For free. HAHAHAHA :) My boss paid. As a matter of fact that is the picture that dissapeared from my profile is my terrible slice on the 17th tee. When we teed off on 1 my boss says "ok guys, there are multi-million dollar homes on the right so watch the slice - aim left" and proceeds to aim down the middle and slice a laser beam line drive right into the side of the house. It was LOUD. Noone came out so I'm guessing they were on vacation. hahaha
post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 

Re: Map out your trip within a 500 mile radius of where you live!

Alright. its official.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour....27124&t=h&z=7

Monday - Chambers Bay
Tuesday - Pumpkin Ridge
Wednesday/Thursday/Friday - 4 Bandon courses
Saturday - Langdon Farms

This is going to be a fun September.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Courses and Architecture
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Courses and Architecture › Map out your trip within a 500 mile radius of where you live!