or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (mvmac)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (mvmac) - Page 10

post #163 of 253
I know you're trying to prove someone wrong about your genetic pre-disposition to EE :D Mike but I still wouldn't mind seeing a bit less "ass out" and a little more "hip forward" slightly from 4 to 6. Just three inches.
post #164 of 253
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

I know you're trying to prove someone wrong about your genetic pre-disposition to EE :D Mike but I still wouldn't mind seeing a bit less "ass out" and a little more "hip forward" slightly from 4 to 6. Just three inches.

 

lol yes for others reading the thread, that butt out look is more of a reaction to me feeling the handle get low to the ground.  Why?  When the handle stays too high and the left arm is too far out, I have to release my wrist angles too soon on the downswing.  Only way to get the clubhead to the ball.  Erik just wants to make sure I don't lose sight of the getting the lower center forward.

post #165 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

lol yes for others reading the thread, that butt out look is more of a reaction to me feeling the handle get low to the ground.  Why?  When the handle stays too high and the left arm is too far out, I have to release my wrist angles too soon on the downswing.  Only way to get the clubhead to the ball.  Erik just wants to make sure I don't lose sight of the getting the lower center forward.

 

I think he also doesn't want his analysis to be drawn more to your ass than necessary

post #166 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

I know you're trying to prove someone wrong about your genetic pre-disposition to EE :D Mike but I still wouldn't mind seeing a bit less "ass out" and a little more "hip forward" slightly from 4 to 6. Just three inches.

Isn't a little EE acceptable? I know that generally it is not good, but I see that many guys have "a little".
post #167 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchepp View Post

Isn't a little EE acceptable? I know that generally it is not good, but I see that many guys have "a little".

Yes. Mike doesn't have too much now. But he still works on it. ;)
post #168 of 253
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchepp View Post


Isn't a little EE acceptable? I know that generally it is not good, but I see that many guys have "a little".

 

Yes, imo most good players have some EE, rare to find a good player that has none.  

 

For my own swing, I don't really care whether I EE or not.  I put more emphasis on how the pressure points in the feet are working and what the arms are doing.  My belt line gets too level A5-6 leading to the hands being high.  Need inclination so that the left arm plane is more vertical and the handle can raise without having to dump the wrist angle.  

 

 

post #169 of 253

This is where the hip slants get really important and how it relates to the wrist angles and ultimately face issues and SD.

 

If the hips flatten too fast and tuck, the left arm trajectory gets shifted out too much at 6. As a golfer, to shallow the AOA and have a rightward SD, the wrist angles need to dump early causing contact issues. The handle can then start lowering through the hit causing two way misses, and retards the speed the golfer can thrust inhibiting speed.

 

Great work Mike, keep it up.

 

Everyone should also take note of the SPEED he is practicing to ingrain the motion the FASTEST. Do the BORING stuff on the range, so you can have FUN on the course!

 

James

post #170 of 253

I have recently embarked on a journey to overhaul my swing. I reached low single figures and scored well over the weekend - 69 & 71 in tough and windy conditions - but have come to the realisation that my flip release style swing gives a ballooning high ball flight which kills me in the wind and can cause the odd

destructive shot. I have dabbled with S&T in the past but am very interested in the concept of the 5 Simple Keys. Are there any certified instructors in the UK?

post #171 of 253
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by loughranb View Post

I have dabbled with S&T in the past but am very interested in the concept of the 5 Simple Keys. Are there any certified instructors in the UK?

 

As far as I know, no instructors in the UK yet but I think there has been some interest.  Closest is Tim Van Polen in Spain http://purestrike5sk.com/instructors.php

 

Another great option is our online instruction from 5SK instructors where we help golfer all over the world.

http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/

http://thesandtrap.com/t/66413/evolvr-online-instruction-before-and-after-pics/18

post #172 of 253

Forget about the OP's swing look at his boy's!!! Wow!!!!

 

You both have great swings and one can tell that you must have taught him (or he has watched you a lot).

 

I am not good enough to offer any suggestions besides they're both pretty swings.  Best of luck to your boy.

post #173 of 253
Thread Starter 

After my trip back East wanted to share some of the great advice I got from James, Dave and Erik

 

 

 

 

post #174 of 253
Lots of good videos. Thanks for posting all that you learned.
post #175 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchepp View Post

Lots of good videos. Thanks for posting all that you learned.

This.  The video with James and Dave is pretty gnarly... I don't think I'll get to this stage for at least another year, maybe two with the amount of time it has taken me to nail the pitched elbow piece! LOL

post #176 of 253

What I want to know is why -- after I watch any of your videos -- does YouTube invariably recommend me My Little Pony clips, Mike? b5_confused.gif

post #177 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

What I want to know is why -- after I watch any of your videos -- does YouTube invariably recommend me My Little Pony clips, Mike? b5_confused.gif

 

Makes perfect sense to me.

post #178 of 253
I found a new avatar for you Mike.

post #179 of 253

Who is that, Nick Faldo?

post #180 of 253
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post

I found a new avatar for you Mike.

 

haha perfecting my shank swing

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

Who is that, Nick Faldo?

 

That's SIR Nick Faldo!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (mvmac)