or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Hi all, they tell me Mizuno don't do 2 irons anymore.

i have got my hands on a MP67 2 iron, new, but apparently no more 2 irons in the MP 68 or any other mizuno iron.

can you guys get these still in the USA?

yes tried global golf + 3 balls etc
post #2 of 16

Re: Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

They don't make 2 irons in any of the current sets, not in the US at least.
post #3 of 16

Re: Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

you could get a 3i and get it bent, that'd affect the bounce though.
You might be able to get one with extra bounce if you really wanted one.
post #4 of 16

Re: Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

Mizuno doesn't make any 2-irons. Some brands, like Nike or Titleist, sell a two iron of their player's forged cavity back iron.
post #5 of 16

Re: Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

Withholding 2 iron blade due to handicap.
post #6 of 16

Re: Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

Originally Posted by jamo View Post
They don't make 2 irons in any of the current sets, not in the US at least.
This is correct, Mizuno does not make a 2 iron for their current line of clubs. The MP 67 and MP 68 are very similar, I don't think you would see a difference in setup if you used the MP 67 2 iron.
post #7 of 16

Re: Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

I had a MP 52 set where the guy ordered a 3i 1/2" long, and bent to 2i loft, that would work.
post #8 of 16

Re: Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

Originally Posted by chilly View Post
I had a MP 52 set where the guy ordered a 3i 1/2" long, and bent to 2i loft, that would work.
I have vintage irons that a solidly struck 2-iron is about the same flight and distance as a newer 3 or even 4 iron. But I'm hitting a 2-iron, so I rock! A strut around the teebox like a peacock loses something when my 2-iron has a 3 stamped on it.
post #9 of 16

Re: Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post
I have vintage irons that a solidly struck 2-iron is about the same flight and distance as a newer 3 or even 4 iron. But I'm hitting a 2-iron, so I rock! A strut around the teebox like a peacock loses something when my 2-iron has a 3 stamped on it.
Dude, I love your sense of humor.
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 

Re: Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

Originally Posted by lumpuckeroo View Post
This is correct, Mizuno does not make a 2 iron for their current line of clubs. The MP 67 and MP 68 are very similar, I don't think you would see a difference in setup if you used the MP 67 2 iron.
yeah, your right. MP 67 V MP 68 not much difference.
still it would have been nice to get a matching set.
post #11 of 16

Re: Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

I've played FLI HI 2 and 3 irons which I liked to go along with my Mizuno MP 68 5-PW set. Enjoyed previous set of MP 37s, but the 3 iron was impossible to hit and I read many other posters who played the 37s say the same thing. Love playing blades and I'm pretty good with around a 4 handicap with my 68s. In this day age there is much better equipment options than playing a true blade 2 iron though IMHO. Its a toss up between which club I prefer between my FLI HI 2 iron vs new Mizuno MP 20 deg hybrid or MX 700 17 deg hybrid. FLI HI 3 iron has large cavity back and is giant compared to the size of the 37 3 iron. Living in Colorado though I know I'll prefer the hybrids on cold weather days. From 225 yds out the 20 deg hybrid is more consistent than the FLI HI, but it is not as easy to stop on a green. If you play fast greens you'll stop the 2 iron better than the hybrid. Miss hits more common with the 2 iron, but don't get the occasional snap hooks OB like still possible with a hybrid.
post #12 of 16

Re: Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

Originally Posted by Shooter McGreenkeeper View Post
Hi all, they tell me Mizuno don't do 2 irons anymore.

i have got my hands on a MP67 2 iron, new, but apparently no more 2 irons in the MP 68 or any other mizuno iron.

can you guys get these still in the USA?

yes tried global golf + 3 balls etc
you have a 36 handicap and are going to try to hit a 2 iron? hmm?
post #13 of 16

Re: Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

Originally Posted by Borf View Post
you have a 36 handicap and are going to try to hit a 2 iron? hmm?
Apparently the guy is not a 36, he said in another thread that he put 36 on purpose in his profile…

I put 36 in my profile (Not a real handicap, I haven't had the chance to play enough on rated courses since it's so expensive here in Japan) and I hit my 3 iron fine, and I am musing getting a 2 iron for kicks and fun. (before you jump at me, I hit the 3 iron fine but I can't hit my 4 wood or my driver to save my life. And no, I am not a long hitter either, 3 iron goes 195~200 yds ttl but it feels hella good on impact and that's why I stick with it –I take very regular lessons, though.)
post #14 of 16

Re: Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

I think 2 irons are completely badass. Everyone should get one. I dont know if they make 2 irons in lefty tho? hmm? mizuno doesnt i know that much
post #15 of 16

Re: Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?

I had a 2 iron in my old Cleveland TA-5 set years ago. Of the dozens of times I pulled it out of the bag on the course, only 2 or 3 worked out well. To hell with 2irons, give me an 18* hybrid...
post #16 of 16

Sorry you're unable to find a MP68 #2.  However, I 'm looking for a MP 67 #2 my e-mail address is chessjbc@yahoo.com please send me a e-mail if you would like to sale your MP 67#2 thanks!

 

 

Jimmie C

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Where can i buy a mizuno MP 68 2 iron?