or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Now a fan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Now a fan - Page 2

post #19 of 53

For me I would say Dustin Johnson.  Too bad he couldn't pull one through on the majors in 2010, although I think he has the talent (and distance) to win one in 2011.

post #20 of 53

A few guys...

 

Grahame McDowell - Where do I begin? What a competitor! And does it all while fighting stuff in his swing. I, like him, tend to shut the club at the top so I just love to watch what he does. We have a similar build (my wife likes to make this comment while golf is on), and even both play the same irons. LOL. Just like the guy, he seems like a guy you'd like to have in your foresome.

 

Dustin Johnson - Dude hits all his clubs a mile while hitting it fairly straight. Plus, he's cool as all hell. He should grab a few majors before he's finished.

 

Rickie Fowler - For all the wacky outfits, his poorly-fitted cap and his loathsome haircut (not because it's LONG, but it's just f-----in' bad!), he's an old-school shotmaking golfer who plays like the guys from the 50's and 60's. When he starts winning tournaments, he won't stop.

 

Rory McIlroy - When he gets it going, he is beautiful. Maybe my favorite swing to watch in the world.

post #21 of 53

I've become a fan of the UK crew this year.  Poulter, G-Mac, Rory...they all have great game and seem to have a lot of fun doing it.  

 

I love Rickie Fowler's game, but man that hair and the crazy clothes grin.gif

post #22 of 53

Dustin Johnson, Graeme McDowell, and Matt Kuchar.

post #23 of 53

Jonathan Byrd. Long hitter, deadly irons, great guy.  

post #24 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbaldwin View Post

Jonathan Byrd. Long hitter, deadly irons, great guy.  


I second this,

I have been watching him this week in Kapalua and he is fun to watch.  Great attitude and great ball striker.  I really like his approach to the game.

post #25 of 53

Others may disagree, but I have read that Byrd's swing is the closest to Hogan's on the tour.  I will be watching this afternoon again.

post #26 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMc View Post

I've become a fan of the UK crew this year.  Poulter, G-Mac, Rory...they all have great game and seem to have a lot of fun doing it.  

 

I love Rickie Fowler's game, but man that hair and the crazy clothes grin.gif



I agree with this.  They seem to show their personality more, however there are a number of US players starting to do the same thing.  I think this can only be good for the game and the two tours.  I think I will have to also jump on the band wagon and say that I am becoming a huge Dustin Johnson fan. 

post #27 of 53

There have been quite a few "Super G" slow motion shots of Byrd's swing, and it is a thing of beauty.

post #28 of 53

Go JByrd!!!  

post #29 of 53


It really is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx View Post

There have been quite a few "Super G" slow motion shots of Byrd's swing, and it is a thing of beauty.

post #30 of 53

It's almost tough for me to say this about an Oklahoma Sooner, but I've started to cheer for Anthony Kim over the past year or so.  I didn't really care for the guy when he made his big impact early on, but he is growing on me a little.  The fact he has had to endure some injury struggles the past year may be the key factor in it, but who knows.  Like I said, it's tough to even admit it. :)  I hope AK has a solid 2011 and beyond because he could be great for the game.

post #31 of 53

Still a Tiger fan. I guess I would say Graeme McDowell would be my fav Euro player.

post #32 of 53

Bubba has been fun to watch and I've really enjoyed some posts and videos he's put up on Twitter. 

 

I also like the underdog...  yes, I'm a Daly fan.

post #33 of 53
Thread Starter 

Wow, Jason Day in the US Open was rolling in some serious putts! Gotta love that!

post #34 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post

Wow, Jason Day in the US Open was rolling in some serious putts! Gotta love that!

 

No kidding. It's very impressive to see what Day has been doing in recent major championships, considering that he is only 23 and has already come so far (basically turning pro right out of junior golf, having to play on the Nationwide Tour, and then having an awful rookie season on the PGA Tour in 2008 that provided shades of Ty Tryon).

post #35 of 53

Really?!? 10 years you say? My goodness  e5_innocent.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motteler621 View Post





 westwood has been in the game for a long time. I remember watching him like 10 years ago on tour



 

post #36 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by deasy55 View Post

Really?!? 10 years you say? My goodness  e5_innocent.gif

 



 

 

yea, he turned pro in 93
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Now a fan