or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Golf Channel Morning Drive
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Golf Channel Morning Drive - Page 5

Poll Results: How do you feel about Morning Drive?

 
  • 43% (39)
    Love It
  • 21% (19)
    Hate It
  • 35% (32)
    Don't/Won't Watch
90 Total Votes  
post #73 of 114
Thoughts on his replacement? I'm betting foltz or sobel. Or do they go after another xm guy?
post #74 of 114

I think the show is great. The guys are funnier than most radio hosts and they're usually discussing golf. Don't see what's wrong with a daily radio show like that!
 

post #75 of 114

I personally think the program is boring, too many stats, just tell the story.   Too much Tiger Woods, he dug his hole, let him lie in it

post #76 of 114
According to John Hawkins of GC, Kuselias' nickname was "Dick Nixon."
post #77 of 114

So according to sources inside of golf channel and a few of the golf writers on twitter, Kuselias was a horny old man who never tired of hitting on or saying out loud to younger staffers/workers that he would like to bang them (IE Horndogery is the word tied to him lol). His contract wasn't renewed at ESPN because of multiple complaints to HR. This time it seems it was actually regarding Holly. Only instead of being put off by it....the two are apparently engaged despite EK not being completely divorced from his current/soon to be ex wife. I don't know what's creepier, the fact that he's just a creepy horny old douchebag and has been removed from multiple positions for it....or the fact that Holly actually fell for it and would really want to put up with the D-Bag lol.   His role on NBC Sports talk will apparently be small and can be done remotely instead of him having to move all the way to CT for it since they likely will not be getting rid of Holly Sonders any time soon.  I don't know who I'd want as a replacement though, if I have to listen to a 5 minute historical/overemotional monologue from Roberts or Nantz every day I'd probably be done watching lol. Rhymer is entertaining in small doses but he's just do dang LOUD all the time. I might to Nobilo, Foltz seems to be quiet but entertaining.

 

Edit: Forgot to mention the Richard Nixon line was a reference to him being "impeached" from the show. He's claiming it's a promotion but essentially GC removed him from it. HR policies likely say something about office romance can't be inside the specific department/show but that between departments is fine.

 

http://deadspin.com/5910112/?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

 

http://www.weiunderpar.com/post/not-mensa-golf-smart-kuselias-re-assigned

 

http://deadspin.com/5784227/erik-kuselias-making-friends-at-golf-channel-just-like-he-did-at-espn


Edited by DarkPrince - 5/15/12 at 11:26am
post #78 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrince View Post

So according to sources inside of golf channel and a few of the golf writers on twitter, Kuselias was a horny old man who never tired of hitting on or saying out loud to younger staffers/workers that he would like to bang them (IE Horndogery is the word tied to him lol). His contract wasn't renewed at ESPN because of multiple complaints to HR. This time it seems it was actually regarding Holly. Only instead of being put off by it....the two are apparently engaged despite EK not being completely divorced from his current/soon to be ex wife. I don't know what's creepier, the fact that he's just a creepy horny old douchebag and has been removed from multiple positions for it....or the fact that Holly actually fell for it and would really want to put up with the D-Bag lol.   His role on NBC Sports talk will apparently be small and can be done remotely instead of him having to move all the way to CT for it since they likely will not be getting rid of Holly Sonders any time soon.  I don't know who I'd want as a replacement though, if I have to listen to a 5 minute historical/overemotional monologue from Roberts or Nantz every day I'd probably be done watching lol. Rhymer is entertaining in small doses but he's just do dang LOUD all the time. I might to Nobilo, Foltz seems to be quiet but entertaining.

 

Edit: Forgot to mention the Richard Nixon line was a reference to him being "impeached" from the show. He's claiming it's a promotion but essentially GC removed him from it. HR policies likely say something about office romance can't be inside the specific department/show but that between departments is fine.

 

Based on his "Yay Hawaii" program and her trade show equipment bits, I'd make time to listen to Mark Rolfing or Dottie Pepper. I'm serious.

post #79 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post

 

Based on his "Yay Hawaii" program and her trade show equipment bits, I'd make time to listen to Mark Rolfing or Dottie Pepper. I'm serious.

 

 

I forgot about Rolfing and Maltbie, I'd take either of them. Or get Rocco Mediate lol. Just do NOT make it Faldo or Miller, and if Miceli got it, ohhh man that would suck.

post #80 of 114

Wow, I saw this coming from a mile away. Still can't believe Holly is with this guy, he looks like a serial-rapist or something. He is so fake, and so annoying to listen to.

 

Glad he's out of there! TGC.

 

Who to replace him? I dunno, don't care really. Just as long as he's not a douchbag like EK.

post #81 of 114
My dream list for K's replacement (some or all may not be realistic)
1. Maria Verchenova
2. Steve Elkington
3. Lee Trevino
4/5. Dave Chappelle/Will Ferrell
6. Jim Dent
post #82 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by uttexas View Post

My dream list for K's replacement (some or all may not be realistic)
1. Maria Verchenova
2. Steve Elkington
3. Lee Trevino
4/5. Dave Chappelle/Will Ferrell
6. Jim Dent

I follow Elk on twitter and while he can be VERY funny, there are times he seems to go WAY over the line lol. But really he has basically admitted he will never work for a network because he doesn't believe in PC and has said he knows he goes over the line all the time. Golf Channel would also not stand for the fact that he doesnt kiss up to tiger. He doesn't hate or dislike tiger he is just openly critical of him :P
post #83 of 114

Well you know how those guys that spell Erik with a "K" are........j/k!!!!

post #84 of 114

thought Holly is married, why would she be with EK, and by the way, I am real happy you got rid of him, that boy is nuts and full of himself,   we called him one up,he always had the final word and knows everything.

post #85 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharris View Post

thought Holly is married, why would she be with EK, and by the way, I am real happy you got rid of him, that boy is nuts and full of himself,   we called him one up,he always had the final word and knows everything.

And once you know that, it should be easy to deal with him.

post #86 of 114

Best aspect of the show is the striking  Holly Sonders ...and apparently she is on to bigger and better things-getting to do broadcasts of Nationwide Tour events and co-hosting the School of Golf (which desperately needed eye candy) ...what's more she can actually golf -having been on the Michigan State University golf team for 4 years in college....

 

other than that the Morning Drive program is a dud.

post #87 of 114

Holly S must be a piece of trash to live with Erik,,the master of trash and a bit mouth

post #88 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley01 View Post

Wow, I saw this coming from a mile away. Still can't believe Holly is with this guy, he looks like a serial-rapist or something. He is so fake, and so annoying to listen to.

 

Glad he's out of there! TGC.

 

Who to replace him? I dunno, don't care really. Just as long as he's not a douchbag like EK.

 

Glad that SOB is gone. I noticed he hasn't been on lately, but just thought he was on vacation. Paul Goydos would be a good replacement. He filled in one week and seemed a perfect fit. He's 48 so his playing days are about over unless he hopes to play the Champions tour. 

post #89 of 114

You'll find Kuselius (sp?) on NBC Sports Channel. I don't understand all the negative comments about him, unless there are just a bunch of jealous guys on here who think they actually would have a chance with Holly Saunders.a3_biggrin.gif

 

Noticed this morning that Gary Williams had moved over to the left side of the desk. Of what significance, I have no idea.

post #90 of 114

You don't understand the negative comments about him?

 

You don't care that he comes accross as a know-it-all, with an attitude?

 

Or the fact that he maleasts female co-workers.

 

I'm not jealuos of him, if Holly Sonders is with him because of his "good looks" and "great personality", then she must be a sandwich short of a picnic.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Golf Channel Morning Drive