or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › What golfers do you root against?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What golfers do you root against? - Page 3

post #37 of 160

I think it is interesting that so many people root against (or even "hate") other golfers because of their attitudes or, to be much more precise, their perceived attitudes. You think you know who they are based on what you see on TV and in interviews? Because the media doesn't put any spin on anything they report.

 

Seems a bit hypocritical to say you don't like someone because they're rude or conceited, yet you go on to blast them on a forum post.

 

Yeah, THEY'RE the A-holes..

post #38 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post

I think it is interesting that so many people root against (or even "hate") other golfers because of their attitudes or, to be much more precise, their perceived attitudes. You think you know who they are based on what you see on TV and in interviews? Because the media doesn't put any spin on anything they report.

 

Seems a bit hypocritical to say you don't like someone because they're rude or conceited, yet you go on to blast them on a forum post.

 

Yeah, THEY'RE the A-holes..


From what I have read (and written) in this thread, there isn't really any "blasting" going on. I don't think I'm an "a-hole" because I have a few golfers that I don't particularly like. 

 

EDIT: I just want to add one thing- not a lot of these choices are totally rational. I don't really put a lot of thought into it. There doesn't always have to be a great reason to like or dislike someone that you know you will never meet or have an effect on. 

post #39 of 160

Definitely not a fan of John Daly. 

post #40 of 160

I am not a fan of the gimmicky golfers who feel the need to be seen from miles away with there golf apparel. Just a bit annoying to me. I know its wrong to judge blah blah just not a fan of the colorful looks. Keep it simple.

post #41 of 160

Think about any televised sport where the athletes choose their own clothing. Lots of bright colors are everywhere and have always been part of sports and athletic clothing. 

post #42 of 160


Yeah-it's a crack up that about 97% of golfers all dress the same, but the small handful with a little color and/or style piss people off somehow.  In fact, my favorite thing about John Daly are the clothes he wears, everything else about him sucks.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx View Post

Think about any televised sport where the athletes choose their own clothing. Lots of bright colors are everywhere and have always been part of sports and athletic clothing. 

post #43 of 160

Bubba Watson being as a crying baby

Kenny Perry being as a cheater

Tiger Wood being as a same old cocky Tiger

post #44 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiustheDrGolf View Post

Bubba Watson being as a crying baby

Kenny Perry being as a cheater

Tiger Wood being as a same old cocky Tiger


 

Wait, how can you NOT like Bubba? 

post #45 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

Anyone who uses a long putter, either belly or broomstick.  whistling.gif

 


This is EXACTLY what I was going to say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

post #46 of 160

I don't cheer against Bubba, but I'm sure as hell not going out of my way to see video of him or read his thoughts (i.e. youtube and twitter). The sight of Tiger and a microphone gets me reaching for the remote control every time (not sure whether I dislike his pouting or his googly smirk more) but to be honest, I've never cheered against either one of them during a round. I really like the way they both attack a course and hit shots that just simply blow my mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yimpydimpy View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by PiustheDrGolf View Post

Bubba Watson being as a crying baby

Kenny Perry being as a cheater

Tiger Wood being as a same old cocky Tiger


 

Wait, how can you NOT like Bubba? 

post #47 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiustheDrGolf View Post

Bubba Watson being as a crying baby

Kenny Perry being as a cheater

Tiger Wood being as a same old cocky Tiger


 

Wow... now that is cold hearted. 

post #48 of 160

Pat 'when I won the Hope ' Perez

post #49 of 160

I have no good reasons for not liking some golfers and I fully accept the childishness of this but holy hell I hate Rickie Fowler.  It's not the clothes so much, he just looks too much like Justin Beiber to me.  Get a haircut!  Same goes for Rory McIlroy.  Can't stand looking at either of them on tv.  As childish as this is these are perfectly valid reasons for me to hate them. dance.gif

post #50 of 160

So the general view on sandtrap about golfers..... Don't dress anything but vanilla, don't be a dick, don't whine, don't have an odd golf swing and the sandtrappers won't root against you.

 

/thread

post #51 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx View Post

So the general view on sandtrap about golfers..... Don't dress anything but vanilla, don't be a dick, don't whine, don't have an odd golf swing and the sandtrappers won't root against you.

 

/thread


 

you got it.

 

who you root for? john rory ricky and everyone else that was on everyones list?

 

ehhh the only ppl that i just dont really wanna see win are ricky fowler and rory looked dumb with blonde hair

 

 

you guys just see the ace on 16? jarrod lyle i think nasty.

post #52 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx View Post

So the general view on sandtrap about golfers..... Don't dress anything but vanilla, don't be a dick, don't whine, don't have an odd golf swing and the sandtrappers won't root against you.

 

/thread


And also, don't speak with an accent (especially one from the British Isles), don't choose to play on your home continent, and don't be generally successful enough to keep Tiger and Phil from being #s 1 and 2 in the world.
 

post #53 of 160

Woody Austin.

post #54 of 160

I have too much respect for the game to ever root against someone. I just want to see good golf no matter who is doing it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › What golfers do you root against?