or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › What golfers do you root against?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What golfers do you root against? - Page 4

post #55 of 160
I don't know about root against any particular player, but I always hope to see any pro "athlete" with a fat beer belly and man boobs kell over from a heart attack. How these fat slobs think they are "athletes " is beyond me.

Ok, maybe keeling over dead is a bit harsh, but you get the idea. If you are going to be a professional athlete golfer.....get your ass in the gym and stay in shape. I don't want to see your fat gut hanging out of your lavender polyiester shirt.
post #56 of 160

Jeff Overton - didn't like him anyway and after the ridiculous over reaction in the Ryder Cup, no interest. Throw Leonard in on the same basis.

JB Holmes, Crane, Furyk - get moving

Baddeley, Lehman, Z.Johnson, Cink et al - would prefer not to hear another winning speech from any of them

 

Sport is no fun unless you have some anti heroes, bit hard to find them in golf.

post #57 of 160
Boo Weekley, Ryan Moore, Geoff Ogilvy, Ian Poulter, Rory Sabbatini, Sergio Garcia, Robert Allenby.
post #58 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchott View Post

I don't root against any golfer and find some of the petty reasons for doing so in this thread amazingly childish. Root against Fowler because you don't like his hat? Really?

 

If you mean me, I didn't say I rooted against him. Someone else said they did and I said he seems like a nice guy. I actually kinda root for him. As I said, I don't really root against anyone. I also said I don't mind the colors.

 

But I don't like painters' hats on the PGA on Ricky or anyone else.

 



 

post #59 of 160



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radford Wooly View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Robato View Post

Ian Poulter. This guy talks so much shi* for a guy who hasn't won big. He thinks the future of golf is Tiger and him.

Ricky Fowler. An X-Games wannabe, headache of color. Can't root for a guy that disagrees with Arnold Palmer.

Lee Westwood. Chokes too much. Walks like an uptight, stuffed dork.

Ryo Ishikawa. Overrated. Everyone thinks he's the best from Japan, can't even win in Japan now.

Rory McIlroy. Looks like a clown.


LMAO!!!!



 That pretty spot on in my book except you needed to add tiger in the #1 position

I cant stand this guy on or off the course.

post #60 of 160

tiger and serg 

post #61 of 160


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

Anyone who uses a long putter, either belly or broomstick.  whistling.gif

 


This is EXACTLY what I was going to say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

I like long putters and the golfers who use them.

 

Golfers who use long putters are admirable because they have found a superior way to putt, and despite being looked down upon for doing it, have the courage to use them.

 

Kind of ironic that someone who calls himself "Fourputt" doesn't like long putters.grin.gif
 

post #62 of 160


What's baffling to me is how someone can get so worked up about long putters but have no problem with a 460cc, multi-material titanium carbon fiber whatever driver.  And if you're one of those people who hates both...then good for you, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

Anyone who uses a long putter, either belly or broomstick.  whistling.gif

 


This is EXACTLY what I was going to say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

I like long putters and the golfers who use them.

 

Golfers who use long putters are admirable because they have found a superior way to putt, and despite being looked down upon for doing it, have the courage to use them.

 

Kind of ironic that someone who calls himself "Fourputt" doesn't like long putters.grin.gif
 

post #63 of 160

the whole long putter thing to me is stretching the rule book (if you want me to call it legalized cheating, so be it).     We should all have to use the same general type of instrument for putting - a long putter in no way resembles a conventional putter mechanically.    

post #64 of 160


I don't use a long putter, but I don't see the problem with one.  To me a long putter more closely resembles a traditional putter than a 350cc, 400cc, or 460cc driver resembles every driver ever used up until the 90's.  It's not even close.  It's even more disparate in terms of comparable performance gains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post

the whole long putter thing to me is stretching the rule book (if you want me to call it legalized cheating, so be it).     We should all have to use the same general type of instrument for putting - a long putter in no way resembles a conventional putter mechanically.    

post #65 of 160

Hmm...let's see:

 

John Daly: Big baby, dresses like he's color-blind

Ian poulter: Same reasons as JD

Johnny Vegas: Can't putt, sweet name though

Ernie Els: Just don't like his face.

Lee westwood: #1 my ass

Graeme McDowell: Just flat out hate him.

 

Thats all I got right now...

post #66 of 160

Would it be easier to say you just don't like foreigners (JD aside).

 

Gmac, good man, sense of humour, loves life, smashes it. Think you are on the money, I don't like him, would prefer to cheer for a college clone.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMadeTaylor View Post

Hmm...let's see:

 

John Daly: Big baby, dresses like he's color-blind

Ian poulter: Same reasons as JD

Johnny Vegas: Can't putt, sweet name though

Ernie Els: Just don't like his face.

Lee westwood: #1 my ass

Graeme McDowell: Just flat out hate him.

 

Thats all I got right now...

post #67 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMadeTaylor View Post

Hmm...let's see:

 

John Daly: Big baby, dresses like he's color-blind

Ian poulter: Same reasons as JD

Johnny Vegas: Can't putt, sweet name though

Ernie Els: Just don't like his face.

Lee westwood: #1 my ass

Graeme McDowell: Just flat out hate him.

 

Thats all I got right now...


ok, I'll give you that

def agree

yep

ok

def

No way - GMac is the man !

 


 

post #68 of 160

I have a few non favorites in no particular order:

 

DLIII

Tom Lehman

Justin Leonard

TWoods

post #69 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiustheDrGolf View Post

Bubba Watson being as a crying baby

Kenny Perry being as a cheater

Tiger Wood being as a same old cocky Tiger


The only time I have seen Bubba cry is when he is talking about his dad or when he thought his wife had cancer.  That does not make him a crying baby.  he's human cut him some slack
 

post #70 of 160

Glad somebody got this thing back on track after I almost hi-jacked it about long putters.

 

There are a few I like less, don't hate any, but always pull against Tiger because he was such an overwhelming favorite. I like underdogs. I once thought Tiger was doing things the right way and was great for the game, but now I don't care if he wins another major, or another tournament of any kind. If he can get through the mess he's caused his family and help his kids become happy and productive adults, I'll get back on his side.

 

Again, back on track. The golfer who is least likable to me is Fuzzy Zoeller. His happy-go-lucky attitude just seems too contrived.

post #71 of 160


Too contrived? What in the Lee Trevino and Chi Chi Rodriquez are you talking about?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post

Glad somebody got this thing back on track after I almost hi-jacked it about long putters.

 

There are a few I like less, don't hate any, but always pull against Tiger because he was such an overwhelming favorite. I like underdogs. I once thought Tiger was doing things the right way and was great for the game, but now I don't care if he wins another major, or another tournament of any kind. If he can get through the mess he's caused his family and help his kids become happy and productive adults, I'll get back on his side.

 

Again, back on track. The golfer who is least likable to me is Fuzzy Zoeller. His happy-go-lucky attitude just seems too contrived.

post #72 of 160

There are alot of people against Tiger here, but awhile  back when there was a golfer elimination thread, didn't Tiger win?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › What golfers do you root against?