My Swing (iacas) - Page 8
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
It's not extensor action, though. Right elbow isn't < 90°. It's just letting the right elbow not go so far around near the shirt seam. Too much external rotation of the right shoulder and retraction, overloading #4, etc.
Notes from today:
Messed around with some "Mac"-like swings today. Right foot dropped back, feeling very soft and slow and loose, TONS of "gathering," and then smashing it. Kinda liked it. Not a terrible feeling. Not how I really want to play golf though. Feels like I'm going to fat the shit out of everything. Trajectory is low as heck. :)
Can you go more into getting the left arm down faster? If your left arm slows down, does this cause you to get too much from over the top as the club is traveling fast with the hands without the arms matching them?
The left arm comes down across the chest at the proper rate. If it's slow the shoulders and hips are too open. The left shoulder is too far to the left so the left arm has to shoot out a little too much (angle DL, left arm too far from vertical).
Where? If anything I'm a bit more open with my feet lately as I tend to get aligned to the right a bit and then I swing a bit more left than I'd like.
Yeah, me too. I'm actually working on feeling it more by extending the right arm sooner, too. Feelings in this area are elusive, but right now it's a feeling of palmar flexion in the left wrist as well as retaining #2 and #3 longer while straightening the right arm quickly.
Nets are for pussies Those Erie guys are tough
yes there is a net
Not to get too far off topic but more than likely your seeing an OTT motion due to not enough pressure being applied into the forward foot on the downswing. Towards the end of the downswing, if you imagined you were crushing something under your left foot, you'll flex your left knee, which helps get the hips forward. Just turning from the top of the backswing will give you that OTT look, so don't do that lol
LOL... Love it.
- A3.1 only
- Bank right foot hard (feeling of ground pressures in left foot, hip slant feels maintained longer)
- Straighten right arm FAST to get arms down (left arm tends to spin me)
- That's it. No 4. Pull cuts will turn into push draws eventually or just go pretty damn straight. :)
Great six minutes today. Got some pictures (at speed) that I've never really gotten from myself before.
First the less exciting ones:
Two different swings here:
Much better view:
- Get to A2 with the slight counter-rotation and dorsiflexing of right wrist.
- Roll #3 to A4.5 maintaining width of left arm ("left arm extensor action")
- SLAM the right arm straight down in front of zipper while increasing lag.
- Tingly sensation in loins as ball seriously tattooed.