or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (iacas)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (iacas) - Page 18

post #307 of 362

I dig the Bubba Watson color scheme driver there. :-D

post #308 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Yeah yeah. :-D

 

She pisses me off. I mean, seriously, c'mon!

 

 

 

 

Time to get a visor ;)

 

Awesome!

post #309 of 362

Future LPGA Star!!!! And yeah, she could use a visor..lol

post #310 of 362
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

Future LPGA Star!!!! And yeah, she could use a visor..lol

 

She forgot her hair tie. :P

 

Again.

post #311 of 362
I love that extension. Wish I could do that, I look like a T-Rex with my post impact short arms...
post #312 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

She forgot her hair tie. :P

 

Again.


I'm thinking an Imperial Tour Visor with that shift at 5.  :)

post #313 of 362

How far is she hitting the ball with that swing Erik?  Looks like she is producing some pretty good swing speed.

post #314 of 362

Since its on this forum, she drives it 300 yards :whistle:

post #315 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

Since its on this forum, she drives it 300 yards :whistle:

 

Psshaw!!!  Amateur!!!!!!

post #316 of 362
Thread Starter 

 

 

I hope to actually update this with some of my swings soon. Gotta spend a little time with Dave here to see about getting my left arm out a bit.

post #317 of 362
Thread Starter 

post #318 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post


Is there a drill to fix that elbow folding move? I do the same thing in my swing and I've been trying to solve it.

@mvmac told me that I need to stop pulling the handle down from the top. Are you supposed to start unfolding the elbow right at transition?
post #319 of 362

Really like the way that right arm looks.

post #320 of 362
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post

Is there a drill to fix that elbow folding move? I do the same thing in my swing and I've been trying to solve it.

@mvmac told me that I need to stop pulling the handle down from the top. Are you supposed to start unfolding the elbow right at transition?

 

To be clear, the backswing in the pictures is good. I haven't yet started to rotate (which loads both #4 and #1 a little bit more - that's what I'm trying to avoid doing).

 

My backswing tends to get on a bit, so #4 and #1 load a little too much in the backswing as well. So before I continue on with transition stuff, I wanted to be sure that I could at least have a good feeling for getting to the top of the backswing.

 

For me, it feels like I pick the club up with my right arm, and then turn as much as I can. I sometimes "shorten" my swing by just using more arms and not quite getting 90° or more turn, so "turning" is a big thing. I also tend to turn early and keep my right arm straight a bit longer, so then from 3-4 it really accelerates the rate at which it bends, so then it just keeps going and over-bends. Feeling earlier bending while still turning works right now to clean up the backswing.

 

Then, I think I'm going to look for some feeling of shifting the left arm down and out, or in some way starting the downswing with more arm than torso turning (which again loads 4 and 1 more).

 

Plus, Mike thinks my right arm is sexy in my stupid sweater. :)

post #321 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

For me, it feels like I pick the club up with my right arm, and then turn as much as I can. I sometimes "shorten" my swing by just using more arms and not quite getting 90° or more turn, so "turning" is a big thing. I also tend to turn early and keep my right arm straight a bit longer, so then from 3-4 it really accelerates the rate at which it bends, so then it just keeps going and over-bends. Feeling earlier bending while still turning works right now to clean up the backswing.

 

Then, I think I'm going to look for some feeling of shifting the left arm down and out, or in some way starting the downswing with more arm than torso turning (which again loads 4 and 1 more).

 

Plus, Mike thinks my right arm is sexy in my stupid sweater. :)

 

When you say "pick the club up with my right arm", do you mean wrist hinge up, or hinge at the elbow? So your saying getting that right arm to collapse earlier shortens the back swing for you?

post #322 of 362
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

When you say "pick the club up with my right arm", do you mean wrist hinge up, or hinge at the elbow?

 

Both.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

So you're saying getting that right arm to collapse earlier shortens the back swing for you?

 

I didn't say collapse. :)

 

I'm saying this: consider breaking the backswing into 10 parts. Ideally, I'd rather see something like this (degrees of right elbow bending for each of the ten stages):

 

0 10 20 30 45 60 70 80 85 90 (peak acceleration in the middle, with a tapering off at the end)

 

than this:

 

0 5 10 15 20 30 40 55 75 90 (lots of acceleration at the end, so the odds of going from that rate to 0 in "step 11" (transition) are virtually zero). 

 

Also note that continuing to turn remains a key piece otherwise I might literally pick the club up with too much arm motion relative to torso/hips.

 

And as always, these are my feels. Use yourself with caution. :D 

post #323 of 362

That makes sense. 

post #324 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

To be clear, the backswing in the pictures is good.

Yea, I understand that much about golf, at least :-D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Then, I think I'm going to look for some feeling of shifting the left arm down and out, or in some way starting the downswing with more arm than torso turning (which again loads 4 and 1 more).

This is more of what I was asking. Sorry if I was getting ahead of myself and your post.

 

I was trying a different feel last night with this exact purpose in mind. I think it works for me, but then again, the last time I thought I figured something out, Mike was kind enough to serve me some humble pie...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Plus, Mike thinks my right arm is sexy in my stupid sweater. :)

So, you're saying, the power is in the sweater! I think I have that exact one, too. ;-)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (iacas)