1. Not a big fan of Fowler, but I don't dislike him at all either.
2. His style is definitely not what's cool to me.
3. That being said, I have absolutely zero problem with him or the way he dresses, and I think his approach is great for the game overall. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I automatically have to be a hater either.
4. I'll turn my hat backwards after a couple of bad shots, just to do something stupid for a minute to take my mind off of the bad shot and lighten everything up. Who cares?
5. Fowler's sky blue or tangerine orange > Weekley's stupid camo.
6. Comments such as the one quoted in the original post are signs of insufferable, perennially grumpy old men who are better off just dropping the game altogether. Because, well, it's a game, and if you're not having fun, maybe it's just time to give it up. The whole Civil War re-enactment thing might better suit him. Maybe he'll have more fun there, and he can rest easy knowing he'll never see a backwards hat or bright colors.