or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › How to maintain gloves......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to maintain gloves...... - Page 2

post #19 of 32

I have resisted until now at opening this thread because I didn't want to rain on the parade of the gloved golfer, but I see Sean and a few others have already done so.naughty.gif

 

How many golfers have ever tried to play without a glove? I'd say there are very few because everyone wants to do what the pros do. Try a full cord grip like the new Decade Multicompound without a glove. You may be surprised at the results.

 

Sincerely,

gloveless since 2008

 

 

PS.        WWFCD?

post #20 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post




 how many pro's dont use a glove ...... zero ?



 Are you sure about that ? The # would be surprising if you actually knew .If I put a glove on it feels like im getting ready to it a home run and realy grip it.I never have understood the purpose of just a left glove anyways,is it to keep your hand baby soft ,if you say its for better grip then you obviously need new grips or is it to just look cool.I do have a set of winter gloves for when its real cold but I hate wearing those things,its like the difference between butt huggers and boxers for me LOL.

post #21 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by basscat348 View Post





 Are you sure about that ? The # would be surprising if you actually knew .If I put a glove on it feels like im getting ready to it a home run and realy grip it.I never have understood the purpose of just a left glove anyways,is it to keep your hand baby soft ,if you say its for better grip then you obviously need new grips or is it to just look cool.I do have a set of winter gloves for when its real cold but I hate wearing those things,its like the difference between butt huggers and boxers for me LOL.



Seriously??? Comparing underwear to golf gloves?

 

I would definitely use a glove before I would ever wear "butt huggers"!!!loco.gif

post #22 of 32
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad-2-3 View Post

 

How many golfers have ever tried to play without a glove? I'd say there are very few because everyone wants to do what the pros do. Try a full cord grip like the new Decade Multicompound without a glove. You may be surprised at the results.

 

Sincerely, gloveless since 2008

 

 

PS.        WWFCD?


OK those are the grips I currently play at all my clubs and it is still a cold winter and tomorrow I play in a winter tournament and it will be like a good Scottish summer day (8-10 *C and lots of rain)..... ie. not a day to try to go without a glove ...... but as I putt without a glove (for improved feel) ..... maybe I should give it a try ....... :)

 

PS WWFCD ????????????????????

post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post

 

 

PS WWFCD ????????????????????


What Would Fred Couples Do

post #24 of 32


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post

 

PS WWFCD ????????????????????


fred_couples.gif

post #25 of 32

i play a glove for about 3 or 4 holes and switch the 2 out and they become soft in that amount of time

post #26 of 32

I stopped wearing a glove a long time ago, for the following reasons,

 

1) the dreaded golfers tan, nothing worse then having a white left hand and a tan right ;b

2) i never found one to fit my hand comfortably

3) its a waist of money to replace it every year

4) i got more feel out of not using a glove

5) pain in the ass to take it on and off, from putting to the next tee

6) you end up loosing them, before they wear out

7) to many michael jackson jokes can be made

post #27 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

I stopped wearing a glove a long time ago, for the following reasons,

 

1) the dreaded golfers tan, nothing worse then having a white left hand and a tan right ;b

2) i never found one to fit my hand comfortably

3) its a waist of money to replace it every year

4) i got more feel out of not using a glove

5) pain in the ass to take it on and off, from putting to the next tee

6) you end up loosing them, before they wear out

7) to many michael jackson jokes can be made



I think #7 sheds light on 2, 3, and 4. Did you ever try a glove without sequins?

post #28 of 32

Gloveless for 19 years but seems like I used to use saddle soap.  I am sure the plastic hand forms some have posted would be good.

post #29 of 32
Thread Starter 

Well that's a lot of reasons .....
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

I stopped wearing a glove a long time ago, for the following reasons,

 

1) the dreaded golfers tan, nothing worse then having a white left hand and a tan right ;b

2) i never found one to fit my hand comfortably

3) its a waist of money to replace it every year

4) i got more feel out of not using a glove

5) pain in the ass to take it on and off, from putting to the next tee

6) you end up loosing them, before they wear out

7) to many michael jackson jokes can be made


......, but none of would be an issue for me !

 

The about only valid reason for me to go gloveless would be playing better without a glove or playing like Fred Couples dance.gif

post #30 of 32

who cares like seriously why is everyone saying all this fred couples crap, why are u looking up to him?....does he look up to oyu no so why give a shit about him

post #31 of 32
Thread Starter 

I think he is going easy, not making up a whole show, just playing his game and that's it ........ doesn't matter much to me that he's playing gloveless ......

post #32 of 32

if any one shops at roger dunn, I found that their brand gloves which are 6.99 per glove have lasted me for 4 rounds so far without any ripping. I picked one up cause it was on sale and thought I give it a try cause it is so cheap. I plan on getting these from now on. great glove.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › How to maintain gloves......