or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Brandel Chamblee is the biggest Tiger hater
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brandel Chamblee is the biggest Tiger hater

post #1 of 212
Thread Starter 

Is it me or does Brandel always have something negative to say about Tiger even when he plays well which hasnt happend often as of late. It just upsets me  because i mean the guy is struggling but you cant take away what he has done and to think he is done is ridiculous.

post #2 of 212

Maybe he feels it makes for better TV. Maybe he feels like he has to balance out the Tiger sycophants that dominate Golf Channel (though Feinstein probably balances out three or four of them alone...).

 

I don't know if I'd call Tiger the biggest hater out there. Certainly I can name more. Currently, and for quite awhile now, Mr. Chamblee certainly isn't the only one in the press being very negative.

post #3 of 212
He seems negative in general.
post #4 of 212

Brandel talks too much....man, sometimes he just rambles.

 

post #5 of 212

Tough on Tiger this morning.

 

He's not giving Foley any "room" either. Almost as if he wishes failure.

 

I don't expect Tiger to incorporate a new swing quickly. The difference between HH and Foley is night and day. Butch just kind of tweaked Tiger's swing (like Butch tweaked Phil a bit). HH was a sea change that Tiger didn't trust in the end. Foley is another sea change.

 

But Brandel think it's open season on Tiger (and indirectly, Foley).

 

Time ... Tiger and Foley's best bet is to ignore all naysayers and go about their business. It's the only sane thing to do.

post #6 of 212
Thread Starter 

Mr.Desmond agree totally when a golfer has been so successfull with a certain and all of a sudden his swing is pretty much new it has to be hard to trust it but talent doesnt just disappear especially his type of talent. Brandel was very hard on Tiger this morning but he is always flapping hiw mouth i mute it when he comes on cause he is annoying. He does just ramble he is an idiot. You cant take away what someone has done in his career because he is working on things but hey people may disagree with me.

post #7 of 212

Brandel -- on the best day of his life at the 1998 Greater Vancouver Open -- could barely have sniffed Tiger's jock. Doesn't mean he's not entitled to an opinion but give it what weight you will, dear viewer.

post #8 of 212
Thread Starter 

you can have your own opinion everyone is entitled to there own opinion but he has to be the most negative guy in the world. How can you criticize someone when they have a good round.

post #9 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

Brandel -- on the best day of his life at the 1998 Greater Vancouver Open -- could barely have sniffed Tiger's jock. Doesn't mean he's not entitled to an opinion but give it what weight you will, dear viewer.


So if we need to discount his opinion so much because he only one once on Tour, what does that imply about what how people should consider your opinion?  Or mine, or anyone else here.    If Harvey Pennick expressed similar sentiments as Chamblee, are they also garbage because he didn't win on Tour?    I don't think playing records should be the determining factor on whether one's observations on the game are valid or not.  

post #10 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clambake View Post




So if we need to discount his opinion so much because he only one once on Tour, what does that imply about what how people should consider your opinion?  Or mine, or anyone else here.    If Harvey Pennick expressed similar sentiments as Chamblee, are they also garbage because he didn't win on Tour?    I don't think playing records should be the determining factor on whether one's observations on the game are valid or not.  

 

Sure they should. Let's make a list of The Sandtrap regulars who've won on the PGA Tour therefore have a relevant opinion . . . . umm . . .

 

post #11 of 212

Journalists like to call people out to feel as if they are somewhat relevant or important.  it happens in all sports.  look at some of the baseball journalists showing their moral superiority when they talk about steroids.  

 

tiger is a very easy target for this.  the ex pro golfer feels important by saying oh this is what i would do, or he should do this or that.  its annoying.

 

on a positive note tho, i like the things that Frank Nobilo says.  He adds value to the conversation without trying to show off his knowledge and he doesnt have to have a strong opinion on every single topic.

post #12 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcyderydin View Post

Journalists like to call people out to feel as if they are somewhat relevant or important.  it happens in all sports.  look at some of the baseball journalists showing their moral superiority when they talk about steroids.  


There's a huge difference there though. Chamblee actually played golf. He's a golfer first and foremost, not a journalist at all. If a baseball journalist hasn't done steroids, I'd say they have some sort of moral superiority over baseball players that have, at least on that topic. 

post #13 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran123 View Post

Brandel talks too much....man, sometimes he just rambles.

 


He really does. I think he simply enjoys hearing himself talk.

post #14 of 212

Come on everyone always says tiger is supposed to be the best there ever was in the game right ,(except me) then how is it the best guy in the world or used to be has such a hard time swinging a golf club anymore ,I mean come on is he that stupid he cant figure out and grove a swing if he really is the best. I personally think he is going down to where he needs to be because he has already hit his prime and now he is just a tour player like most guys .I just find it totally absurd  that he has such a hard time getting this supposedly new swing I think its just a excuse hes giving for the shitty golf he has been playing.

post #15 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by basscat348 View Post

Come on everyone always says tiger is supposed to be the best there ever was in the game right ,(except me) then how is it the best guy in the world or used to be has such a hard time swinging a golf club anymore ,I mean come on is he that stupid he cant figure out and grove a swing if he really is the best. I personally think he is going down to where he needs to be because he has already hit his prime and now he is just a tour player like most guys .I just find it totally absurd  that he has such a hard time getting this supposedly new swing I think its just a excuse hes giving for the shitty golf he has been playing.



Trust me, you are not the only one who doesn't think Tiger is the best ever. Get off your high horse. And your claim that he has hit his prime - based on what? Guys I would say are past their prime would be Vijay, Ernie, Kenny Perry, etc. You want to group Tiger in there with them? As for him not finding this new swing - professionals do things different no matter the sport. Kind of like asking Barry Bonds to become a lead-off hitter. Tiger has hit millions of golf balls with a pretty specific swing for years. For him, the changes are more than just what you see on TV.

 

As for Chamblee, I agree, his negativity is wearing. However, I also think it's an easy position for him to take right now. He can't go wrong by piling on Tiger - it seems to be the "in-thing" to do at the moment. 

post #16 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post




There's a huge difference there though. Chamblee actually played golf. He's a golfer first and foremost, not a journalist at all. If a baseball journalist hasn't done steroids, I'd say they have some sort of moral superiority over baseball players that have, at least on that topic. 


I see what you are saying but that really wasnt the meat of what i was trying to say...just an example of how journalists need to feel relevant, so they tend to tear down those who are the best in their worst moments.  and when i say journalists i mean to include analysts and the such.  I understand that Brand-Cham played golf...but the fact that was wasnt all that great kinda adds to the possible jealosy factor.  this is just what the current sports media does.

post #17 of 212
Thread Starter 

Well let me break down some stats for you guys the two times that Tiger has changed his swing he won 0 majors and only 1 victory so what is happening now shouldnt be a suprise to anyone that knows there golf history. First ten years  comparison between Jack and Tiger  total victories 36 jack 52 woods,majors 9 jack 12 woods top 3 finishes in majors jack 20,woods 17. Stats dont lie and like a said he historically has had bad years when he is changing his swing Nickalaus had his best season with 7 wins in his seventh season tiger had 8 wins in his third year so say what you want its all documented on paper Tiger is the best golfer ever. He made golf popular and made it what it is today.

post #18 of 212

Franky, Tiger might not be done but for now he's not even drawing a crowd anymore. I used to turn the tourny on, on Sunday to see him win, now....

It's someone knew every week. It's going to be a long time for Tiger to get his mind off the prostitutes and **** around before he see's the next trophy!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Brandel Chamblee is the biggest Tiger hater