or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Brandel Chamblee is the biggest Tiger hater
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brandel Chamblee is the biggest Tiger hater - Page 2

post #19 of 212
Thread Starter 

I agree it is frusturating because sundays dont seem as exciting  he does have more then a swing issue its all mental now with everything that is going on. But what im trying to say is that Tiger has always struggled when he is in the process of a new swing.So dont expect wonders from him this year not saying he cant but is is unlikely going to happen. He needs to do some soul searching because the game needs him you have a bunch of guys trying to get number one that really havent been consistent for the past 4 yrs and its not like any of them are young. But we have tp stay tuned . It just aggervates me that people are now all of a sudden counting Tiger out because is just not there right now how about all that he has done for this game on and off the course to help bring this game where it is today. 

post #20 of 212

it would be impossible for me to even hit a golf ball knowing i had all the money he has in the bank, knowing how hard he has been partying and the p***y he is and will be pulling in. my mind would not be 100% on golf as we all expect his to be to play golf at a level we saw him play....

 

i miss the old tiger and being entertained like that but good for him if thats why he cant focus like he used to be able to. P***Y has some strong powers.

post #21 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by plum View Post

P***Y has some strong powers.



Sage wisdom, my friend. People should throw pennies at statues of your likeness.

 

As for Tigger and Brandull...

 

Chamblee basically hates most golfers that aren't Texans or that don't suck him off for attention. It shouldn't be a shock. Not to get all Rick Pitino - but in the GC studios, it's not as if any great journalists are coming through those doors to go to work everyday. John Feinstein maybe, and the best stuff he's ever written has been about basketball.

 

The problem is that all of us expect too much. If we expect less, we'll be less dissapointed. Allow me to get back to eating my McRib while warmed by my Snuggie. I need to catch up on episodes of The Amazing Race and American Idol.

post #22 of 212
Tiger just needs to let me handle him for 2 months... I'll take him to Vegas, get him 2 new sponsors (Trojan and Viagra) and put a hot big breasted ex porn star on his bag to help give "rub downs" between rounds and he would be dominate again!
post #23 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clambake View Post




So if we need to discount his opinion so much because he only one once on Tour, what does that imply about what how people should consider your opinion?  Or mine, or anyone else here.    If Harvey Pennick expressed similar sentiments as Chamblee, are they also garbage because he didn't win on Tour?    I don't think playing records should be the determining factor on whether one's observations on the game are valid or not.  


You misunderstood me. The problem is not Chamblee's record, it's Tiger's. I think Brandel would cut his own throat to have achieved a tenth of it and that his envy renders him incapable of any dispassionate assessment of Tiger's current struggles. Just my opinion, which you can consider however you like.

post #24 of 212

Brandel was on "state of the game" saying that Tiger was using his "old" hip rotation on this new swing, and it wasn't going to work.

 

Okay, so who can imbed Tiger on youtube with the new swing and show his lower body rotation and analyze it?

 

(I am no technician)

post #25 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by normdamarine View Post

Tiger just needs to let me handle him for 2 months... I'll take him to Vegas, get him 2 new sponsors (Trojan and Viagra) and put a hot big breasted ex porn star on his bag to help give "rub downs" between rounds and he would be dominate again!

Don't forget about the K-Y staff bag!

Seriously, I was never really sure why he decided to change his swing after the runaway at the 97 Master's.
post #26 of 212

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Maybe he feels it makes for better TV. Maybe he feels like he has to balance out the Tiger sycophants that dominate Golf Channel (though Feinstein probably balances out three or four of them alone...).

 


This is a plausible theory.  The sycophancy used to make me gag (for many years) and I'd likely want to compensate for it myself if I had the chance.  But things are changing.  Even chronic sycophants begin to see the light when their man hasn't played four consecutive decent rounds in over a year.  So in this respect the coverage has improved enormously.   
 

post #27 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post


I think Brandel would cut his own throat to have achieved a tenth of it and that his envy renders him incapable of any dispassionate assessment of Tiger's current struggles. Just my opinion, which you can consider however you like.


I'll tell you how I consider it ..... complete nonsense.  If we were to accept your argument at face value, no-one other than the Great Golfer himself could possibly assess Tiger's game dispassionately and without being poisoned by envy.  Because Tiger is the greatest player ever, and there can only be one of those.  GMAB. 

 

It's a very convenient theory for someone trying to defend his hero from the criticism of others, a magic suit that they would like to place him in.  It leaves me cold, for one.
 

post #28 of 212

I agree with Chamblee, I really don't understand all the adulation we give to athletes who more often than not prove to be some of the biggest scumbags of our society.  They have every advantage, "people" to take care of their daily tasks, more money than they can spend, they walk 18 holes in beautiful weather every day in the most beautiful resorts in the world.  Oh yea, and last time I looked Tiger's wife was probably one of the most beautiful women on earth. Gee I feel so sorry for him.

post #29 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by plum View Post

it would be impossible for me to even hit a golf ball knowing i had all the money he has in the bank, knowing how hard he has been partying and the p***y he is and will be pulling in. my mind would not be 100% on golf as we all expect his to be to play golf at a level we saw him play....

 

i miss the old tiger and being entertained like that but good for him if thats why he cant focus like he used to be able to. P***Y has some strong powers.


 

HEARD THAT

post #30 of 212
Thread Starter 

i totally agree Tiger isnt the greatest person in the world but like i said before this isnt Dr.Phil i am not going to all of a sudden forget what he has done on the course because what he does off. I dont respect him as a person but he is the best golfer to ever live. He made golf what it is and for that alone you should respect him as a golfer you dont need to as a person but he is clearly the best golfer by far.

post #31 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky21 View Post

i totally agree Tiger isnt the greatest person in the world but like i said before this isnt Dr.Phil i am not going to all of a sudden forget what he has done on the course because what he does off. I dont respect him as a person but he is the best golfer to ever live. He made golf what it is and for that alone you should respect him as a golfer you dont need to as a person but he is clearly the best golfer by far.



The question isn't whether or not TW was the best golfer in the history of the game.  Most people, including myself, believe so. Since he clearly isn't playing the best golf in the world, and hasn't been for a while now, the question is whether he can return to his former status.  It is a question that is in his mind as well, I'm quite sure.

post #32 of 212
Thread Starter 

He will absolutly return to his normal self he is just way to talented. And to be the top golfer in the world you dont even need wins you just need alot of top 10 finishes so Tiger can have a off year this year cause he is trying to figure out his swing next year win three times and he is back on top. No one in the top ten has more then a handful of pga tour victories so if Tiger comes back as half the golfer he was he will regain his spot. Westwood become number one while he was at home nursing a injury so its not like any of these guys win at a erratic pace.

post #33 of 212

I have written a piece for GolfChannel.com that will be up in a few days, that your comments inspired. I hope it answers your questions as to my "negativity".  I wish you well in golf and with every endeavor. It looks as if you have a beautiful family.

Brandel

post #34 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandel View Post

I have written a piece for GolfChannel.com that will be up in a few days, that your comments inspired. I hope it answers your questions as to my "negativity".  I wish you well in golf and with every endeavor. It looks as if you have a beautiful family.

Brandel


WHAT UP BRANDEL LOL let me get that shoutout!

post #35 of 212
post #36 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandel View Post

I have written a piece for GolfChannel.com that will be up in a few days, that your comments inspired. I hope it answers your questions as to my "negativity".  I wish you well in golf and with every endeavor. It looks as if you have a beautiful family.

Brandel



Great hit 'n run, Brandel!

 

Maybe a little condescending? No? 

 

At least your comments provoke a reaction, which I dare say, is a good move.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Brandel Chamblee is the biggest Tiger hater